Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Pretty close to verticle, 74 degrees. I think they over dramatize it a little bit in the renderings.

Nothing is dramatized in the renderings. Keith McVeen (who produced the renderings for KI) creates them directly from the CAD models the manufacturers supply the parks with. There is no 'guessing' or human estimation in the renderings, they are all replicated to the manufacturer's spec.

degrees-360.gif

74 would (obviously) be between the 70 & 80 lines. I tried to draw it in and post that up but that didn't work out so well. So you'll just have to use your imagination.

Hope that helps a bit.

Like seeing an angel's face!!! ^_^

Btw, and obviously the jury is still out until construction is finished, but the one thing to consider in the whole angle degree situation is length. Couldn't it be true (with respect to the renderings) that D-back's 74 degree drop could be actually at 74 degrees for a longer length than B-moth's is??

Obviously the entire 220' drop is not all at 74 degrees, but if D-back was at 74 degrees for 125 feet and Behemoth is only at 75 degrees for 85 feet, then that would be significant!! Especially given that D-back has tight quarters to fit into while Behemoth had an entire lake (errrr...rentention pond) shore to sprawl out over!

Looking good.

Also Beast1979 that was a concrete pumper placing concrete for the final floor section of the station.

protractor.gif

I thought some lines would help on the protractor image, hope that helps. I used 45degrees as the lift hill ascent. Steep lift, but even sharper drop