Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Just in case anyone was keeping score... We are almost to a fourth of the way to catching up with the Rumor coaster for 2009 thread.

Keep on typin' away...

EDIT: If counting posts we are 23.4% just in case anyone wanted a techincal read-out

I closed the "Rumored Coaster for 2009" thread and linked to the D-Back info thread. I wonder if this one will be just as long when I close this thread and link to the photo updates and video of its opening.

Just in case anyone was keeping score... We are almost to a fourth of the way to catching up with the Rumor coaster for 2009 thread.

Keep on typin' away...

EDIT: If counting posts we are 23.4% just in case anyone wanted a techincal read-out

I closed the "Rumored Coaster for 2009" thread and linked to the D-Back info thread. I wonder if this one will be just as long when I close this thread and link to the photo updates and video of its opening.

I'm still guessin' 8200 posts by "closing" time...

So I wonder if we will have the tallest support in the ride to look at on Friday, I thought so earlier but they really aren't chugging away like they were several weeks ago.

Just because you do not see great progress through the webcam dont assume there is not great progress being made. After all there is much prep work and detailed work that needs and is being done currently. The station is a great example of this work, the various electrical hook ups, conduit to bury, concrete to pour and numerous lines to run. Not all progress is meassured by track erection, after all the erection of a coaster is probably 10% to 15% of the total work that goes in to developing and building a major coaster.

It's okay...it was a mere footer to your brilliant post, which was otherwise on sound footing!

Terpy, who's been known to go round in circles!

Terpy makes my head hurt... :blink:

OK, is the so called "hammerhead" actually a hammerhead or just an overbank turn?

In my opinion it's neither, but it's alot more like a hammerhead turn..

http://rcdb.com/ig594.htm?picture=10

That is what an overbanked turn is in my opinion.

It's neither! its the Tickle Giggle Turn! :lol:

I would love to see the black hat give us some hammerhead pictures. Wink wink.

Although the Black Hat can sometimes gather information from the future, it can't pull pictures from the future. It just doesn't work that way.

Once that hammerhead is built, or erected as Cory likes to say, I'm sure Don Helbig will send us photos. The Black Hat is in the business of stealing secrets from the rich and reselling them to the poor... for a reasonable price. Not taking photos.