Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

A guy is right by the track piece, so I'm guessing that they will be lifting it up soon!

That is a bit of a stretch. I think it was Railrider that pointed out that they will probably but up the final support and the drop before they but on the crown.

Well, the thicker the yellow support is, the more G-force can be put against it.

And plus, why would they start working on the 2nd hill if they've been working on the lift this whole time??

Considering that Clifford is stationed on that platform. It'd be stupid to move Clifford just for that.

Who's to say that Clifford is moving anytime soon??

I mean, you need to stage the supports for the 2nd hill at some point...

My guess, considering the lack of major erecting happening so far this week, next Monday they start erecting the first drop and then move to the 2nd hill.

The Swan Lake area has also staged lift supports...I mean, anything is possible, but I still believe those specific supports will be for the 2nd hill.

Who's to say that Clifford is moving anytime soon??

I mean, you need to stage the supports for the 2nd hill at some point...

My guess, considering the lack of major erecting happening so far this week, next Monday they start erecting the first drop and then move to the 2nd hill.

The Swan Lake area has also staged lift supports...I mean, anything is possible, but I still believe those specific supports will be for the 2nd hill.

I couldn't agree more. Why would you load supports on a flatbed, move from staging area to behind the cryp and then unload from flatbed, only to reload and move to the midway if those supports were for the first drop? With their placement the crane could not reach them now to place them in the midway, I think there would be an issue of overextending the boom and possibly tipping the crane.

The 2nd hill continues with the yellow theme and those supports are going to be for the 2nd hill.

I still dont see the first drop being completed till after this weekend, because Clifford will need to move in to the midway and will destroy the pavement underneath, shutting down the midway for the rest of the seasson. So dont look for the first drop to be finished till after the 1st, then Clifford will roll towards the Crypt and the 2nd hill and finish that. I would imagine it will then move back to the HammerHead or possibly the MCBR.

Check out this cam shot, the supports by the Crypt are for the 2nd drop

untitled1.jpg

Guest TombraiderTy

I wonder what we can expect from the new areas of pathway. Will it be regular old boring pathway? Or perhaps Cedar Fair will actually impress us by giving it a dirt-like appearance and adding animal and wagon prints into it?