Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

My son (9 years old), wonders if we will get similar pictures when they install the trims. A cynic at such a young age....:)!!!

Your kids are hilarious Beatle. You've trained them well.

All I had to do was spend a day at Holiday World with them.... Then they recognized the effects that trims have on the ride experience!!!

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

GREAT PICTURES

I WONDER HOW THE PARK MAP WILL LOOK NEXT YEAR,THEIR GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE THE MAP BIGGER TO FIT ALL OF Diamondback IN IT

Even if there are trims, that does NOT necessarily mean they will be used. B & M coasters are funny like that...some are (see Raging Bull, in particular...or Mantis...), some are barely used (see Nitro) and some are often not used at all...(see Hulk).

There is only one trim, it is on the entrance to hill 5, which is the airtime hill right before the MCBR. The trims are automatic on these coasters.

Take Montu for example, the trim before the batwing will be activated by one train then will not catch the next train. ( never really made sense to me as to why the trim was before the batwing, the batwing is a foot shorter than the mcbr.)

So, it all depends on the speed of the train as it is going into those particular brakes.

I rode Apollo's Chariot 5 times one day over the summer, and I noticed the trims twice out of the 5 times i rode it.

^^ Because he's the Kings Island MASTER!!! Meaning, he must YELL ALL THE TIME TO BE OFFICIAL Because, afterall... HE'S THE Kings Island MASTER!!!

Ok, back to your normally scheduled Diamondback talk.

It's lookin' good! They're picking up pace on the station!

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
^^ Because he's the Kings Island MASTER!!! Meaning, he must YELL ALL THE TIME TO BE OFFICIAL Because... HE'S THE Kings Island MASTER!!!

excuse me,i like writting in caps,

^^ Because he's the Kings Island MASTER!!! Meaning, he must YELL ALL THE TIME TO BE OFFICIAL Because... HE'S THE Kings Island MASTER!!!

excuse me,i like writting in caps,

The Terms of Service require you to use proper punctuation, including big letters and little ones...not all caps and not all little ones either. Spelling words correctly is also very nice. I'd suggest that if you'd like to stay here, you do so.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4128

Please pay particular attention to the first paragraph. The others are also important. It's called common courtesy. You aren't starting off very well, to be frank.

This may have been asked about 946,000 times already, but I cannot find an answer.

Where exactly is DB's entrance going to be? I know I can count on you photoshop artists, drawers, and webcam-watchers here.. is there a way someone could draft out an estimated map of the layout of not only the coaster, but the entrance and queue?

I am very curious to see what some think.. I know some of you like doing this kind of thing, so there's your challenge for the day!

If your interested in just the basics such as locations then look here

If looking for others' ideas you can check here

btw your question was quite valid ;)

EDIT: Additional info can be found here

OK lets give KingsIslandMaster a little break yes he needs to stop ALL CAPS. If he doesn't get the hint to stop the caps then the mods will do something. Hes new remember to be on the forums thus must listen to the rules rules are the back bone of society and with out them where will we be?

Oh and did anyone notice that on the http://www.kiDiamondback.com/public/latest/gallery/ they have uploaded the same picture twice???

I can't tell if they are working tonight or not. I kinda doubt it though. Like people have mentioned before once the drop track is started, the construction crew may have to continue until it is finished much like they had to on the tallest lift support.

(On a side note, yes I was probably there that night sheikra_rocks. I was working at The Beast quite often when you (as well as BavarianBeatle and his boys) would stop by.

Oh and did anyone notice that on the http://www.kiDiamondback.com/public/latest/gallery/ they have uploaded the same picture twice???

I did notice that. Probably just a mistake though.

Also, It doesn't appear that they are working tonight. Looks like we may have to wait until Monday to see the first hill completed.

EDIT: I believe, it looks like work may be happening on the supposed queue line area.

GREAT PICTURES

I WONDER HOW THE PARK MAP WILL LOOK NEXT YEAR,THEIR GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE THE MAP BIGGER TO FIT ALL OF Diamondback IN IT

The map will look quite the same as it does now. They will "cartoonize" Diamondback and it'll look just like you think it will.