Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I was expecting the park to use the Rivertown Mining building/RBR as part of the line, much like Maverick... Does anyone know if the line will be themed with western type stuff? I hope they use the same line soundtrack for Diamondback that they do for Maverick!

Extremely Doubtfull.

If you are responding to me I would like to know your reason for saying that. I remember there being substantial talk about this a while back but have not heard anything lately. Don't really care if they do but there seems to be some things that were there that would fit in nicely in that area.

I'm so bummed that swan lake is gone but happy that we got a new coaster.(off topic) I heard people taking while I was at howl-o-fest I heard them say that Nick Universal is gonna be gone by 2010 and it will be a peanuts-snoopy themed area for kids I wouldn't mind it my nephew loves snoopy.

That very much remains to be seen. The people at Howl-O-Fest certainly do not know what will be in the park for kids in 2010. Heck, at this point, I doubt many people at all know, if any do.

Extremely Doubtfull.

If you are responding to me I would like to know your reason for saying that. I remember there being substantial talk about this a while back but have not heard anything lately. Don't really care if they do but there seems to be some things that were there that would fit in nicely in that area.

1. What substantial talk? I don't remember any.

2. Why move buildings? It makes no sense.

3. For a second step back and listen to what you are saying. You are saying Cedar Fair might re-use 2 year old buildings from a different park on a new roller coaster with a slightly different theme.

Those "white sheet" things would be corrugated steel decking. Once all the steel decking is in place, they will be able to pour the concrete floor. The steel decking acts as the bottom form work for the concrete. It is the same type of construction that was used on Firehawk`s station, and Son of Beasts station.

Extremely Doubtfull.

1. What substantial talk? I don't remember any.

3. For a second step back and listen to what you are saying. You are saying Cedar Fair might re-use 2 year old buildings from a different park on a new roller coaster with a slightly different theme.

1. So you didn't hear it so it didn't happen?

2. The buildings that were rumored to be moved were to be cosmetic. So they might not use whole buildings just things from buildings for themeing.

3. They wouldn't be used for the roller coaster. They would be used in the rivertown area for themeing. It could even be signs.

If you don't think a company would use stuff like this for themeing especially a company with money constraints you are crazy.

All I asked was, "Wasn't there some talk of bringing the buildings from GL near Villain to be part of the theming and/or line?" You have done nothing to answer my question? I just was bringing up that I heard this possibility and was wondering if it still was.

2) Why move coasters?

3) Cedar Fair re-used five-year-old roller coasters from a different park by relocating them to other Cedar Fair parks and slightly re-themed them.

If anything, they should have every building in Geauga Lake re-used in another park. Or at least get the blueprints to those buildings so they could at least build new iterations of them at other CF parks.

Not to mention the Diamondback announcement was themed to an Old Western setting. The station is themed to an Old Western building. Some Geauga Lake buildings have an Old Western aesthetic to them.

Antique%20Photo.jpg

Why move a building that vaguely fits a theme, when you just tore one down.

Maybe I am missing something here and my head hurts.

[/quo/

I read it right here on these boards. Maybe the people that said it didn't know what they were talking about. I just remembered it with the all the stuff that has been removed in that area and brought it up.

I remember the conversation, but I think it was on;y briefly touched on this forum. I think it was discussed profoundly on Geauga Lake Today. I think the relocation was just rumored. It seemed to fit because during the GL auction most of the western stuff was not up for sale. I even believe that an auction employee (credible or not???) said that it was being reused else where (not necessarily Kings Island) by the owner. If they can move coasters, surely they can move facades of buildings.

I remember the conversation, but I don't think it was on this forum. I think it was on Geauga Lake Today I think the relocation was just rumored. It seemed to fit because during the GL auction most of the western stuff was not up for sale. I even believe that an auction employee (credible or not???) said that it was being reused else where (not necessarily Kings Island) by the owner. If they can move coasters, surely they can move facades of buildings.

Thank You! I knew I read it somewhere and I read that site often.

Hmmm, well I do not remember reading any dicussion of such on these forums. Also once again why move a building when the cost to do so is either more or the same as to build a new one?

You are probably right about buildings but could they use things from that area?

Like I said I really don't care either way. I was just bringing up something I had heard that at least one other person also has.

I was expecting the park to use the Rivertown Mining building/RBR as part of the line, much like Maverick.

I had a feeling that the mining building would be eliminated some time before it was demonlished and quickly learned its fate the day after the park closed (I was there). Those of us who work at the park theorize a gift shop exit through the old photo gallery.

Diamondback111008_223.jpg

Even wildlife likes watching DB's hill be completed. :lol:

How high do deer jump??

Because that's all we need is another Fabio moment, but instead, a deer!! :unsure:

EDIT: When I asked that, I meant, could they reach the bottom of the first drop, going into the pullout??

Here for example.

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...=293&pos=31

How high do deer jump??

Because that's all we need is another Fabio moment, but instead, a deer!! :unsure:

EDIT: When I asked that, I meant, could they reach the bottom of the first drop, going into the pullout??

Here for example.

I've heard they can jump up to 18 feet (know a guy who raised them). Here is an article on deer facts and preparing a fence to hold them in: http://www.invisible-deer-fence.com/options/options1.htm I don't think there is much to worry about considering The Beast has been in operation for nearly 30 years without a deer mishap. There are several sections of track that are low to the ground giving deer ample opportunity to jump onto a moving train.

Nah. The bottom of that track is a good twelve to fifteen feet off the ground there. Parts of The Beast, especially the underground portions entering and existing the second tunnel come extremely close to the ground. In fact, I have seen deer before in the turns immediately after the second tunnel.

This part of the track is a little lower than 12-15ft.

Not saying that your wrong, but I was looking at Crypt's queue in the background and I believe the track could easily be 12 ft off the ground.

Because I am looking at the height of the queue handrails, then adding on about a half an inch for a 6ft tall person, than doubling it.

EDIT: and I had totally forgot about The Beast when I posted before.