Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

So I was in the area this weekend for my best friends wedding and had some free time to kill on Friday. I thought what better use than driving to KI and checking out the progress on DB, plus I hadn't seen the completed drop yet.

Once arriving at the park I scouted the perimeter to check out the different views of DB. I must say this monster dominates the KI skyline now. I am amazed how it can be seen from all over. Of course the guest drop off gives a great view, but there are some hidden views like over in Afton Falls that really show off the drop and will look amazing with a full train screaming down. Also Kings High gives a great perspective showing DB with the Sons lift in the forground. DB even from that angle sits taller than DB.

Here are some pics I snapped with my BlackBerry.

Pulled over in front of the main entrance

bb3.jpg

Shot from Visitor Drop Off

bb1-1.jpg

Kings High parking lot with SOB in front

bb2.jpg

Did anybody save any pics from the webcam with the snow on the tracks? I was on my way to a dentist appointment this morning and was in awe of the snow on the trees. Everything looked so fresh and unspoiled, and I was thinking about how amazing the view from the webcam must have been at that time. :)

Dont worry there will be more snow covered days

Ya'know I find Kings Island to be very beautiful covered in snow cannot wait to see DB as I pull into KI this spring I know I'm gonna be waiting a while but hey I waited 3 hours for Tomb Raider Opening Day 2002 so I'll wait for this.

KI needs a people eater.

:blink:

The only two coasters at KI with bad capacity are Firehawk and Invertigo.

Everything else was running very well whenever I went this summer.

Crypt, Flight of Fear, Son of Beast, any of these ring a bell?

SOB runs at the best capacity it possibly could with two trains....Not once have I seen them stack full trains. IMO, FOF isn't that bad. I give the best crew award to either BLSC or Beast.

....Also Kings High gives a great perspective showing DB with the Sons lift in the forground. DB even from that angle sits taller than DB. .....

Of course you mean even from that angle, Diamondback sits taller than Son of Beast, which, of course, sits in a ravine...It would be very hard for Diamondback to sit taller than itself! :)

Does anyone know if it snowed much today? I was locked in study hall and I overheard some people saying it was snowing hard.

I guess that would depend on where exactly you live. Over here in Trenton we're expecting to be snowed in until Spring.

Sorry, but if it makes you feel any better, that wasn't a lie so much as wishful thinking. It was snowing all day here but it was too light to do anything. No accumulation and it looks as though I'm still going to have to drag myself out of bed at 6 tomorrow morning.