Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I am trying to talk them into inviting pass holders and the media into the park to view the topping off of the coaster. They are concerned about safety... I said, there are PLENTY of spots for people to watch this safely! I can only imagine the view from the tower when this takes place.

It's not like anyones head is going to be in your way trying to see them top off a 230ft coaster!

So I watched a couple of cycles of the webcam and it's hard to tell because of the different view angles but basically I see that the entry into the lift's supports are done and they flattened an area in the forest behind the Crypt and put some track pieces in the splashdown pool. Anything else going on I miss?

One of the coolest things about this ride will be how it's hard to picture how tall it will be. The closest thing is SOB which is 218ft, but that sits in a ravine so it doesn't look as tall as it really is. It may be shorter than the tower and Drop Tower, but it's certainly going to dwarf anything else in its path.

^^Yea this thing is going to be Awesome! I've noticed in some areas Kings Island is like an airport terminal, with the rides branching off from the main midway (With the exception of X-Base).

I love that They decided to go over a few main midways with this and have some nice interaction with the people on the ground, (A.L.A, Corkscrew @ Cedar Point).

Not only does it enhance the ride, but it also provides great viewing for the people not riding!

The only thing i dont like about this location is that it is going to kind of take away from The Beast being at the back of the park secluded all by itself. Now there is going to be Big Steel in with it. But hey i will take some of The Beast's fear away for this giant.

I may be missing something, but doesn't anyone know what the flattened area behind The Crypt will be for? It may be as simple as flattening it for moving equipment, but I'm no expert...

webcampf2.jpg

webcampf2.a23fb231e5.jpg

I was thinking they flattened that area so that one of the cranes would have a relatively flat surface to park and work on.