Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

And for those of you following along to the many pages of this thread, I answered one of the questions which Don answered in the blog today (about the wide flange beams that are mounted to the bottom of the support acting as a shear key).

Beast1979, what you thought was line gates is actually just temporary fencing that was installed where the station platform meets the edge of the track for fall protection for the workers. Additionally, the corrugated steel that is comprises the bottom "form" work for the concrete is shiny and corrugated, which can appear like lines. I`d look for the exit to be on the right side, with the load side of the station being on the left. The queue rails, and automatic gates are installed AFTER the concrete floor has been installed, and are generally among the last things to be installed, in part because I believe that the park installs some of the queue rails themselves, and does not utilize the general contractor building the stations for such services.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
How Would I Be Able To Attend To Winter Soar This Winter.Im Not A Member Of ACE,But Ill Pay To Attend

i reallly dont think you can :unsure:

That Sucks,Well I Will Be Working There This Upcomming Season,So I Could Go in during winter and take a look,If i become supervisor or somthin.

The ironworkers, crane operators and the other workers come from all over. This is Thanksgiving holiday week. And deer season in many states.

Just sumthin' to remember.

Terpy, who notes that some states have no school all this week, as few...boys or girls...would be there anyway if there were....

Didn't even think about that. Thanks Terp. Where's my head at?

How Would I Be Able To Attend To Winter Soar This Winter.Im Not A Member Of ACE,But Ill Pay To Attend

i reallly dont think you can :unsure:

Stay tuned....it depends...sometimes other groups attend, not just ACE...sometimes not. And if not SOAR, there may well be other events.

Terpy, who tries to say enough without saying too much

I just want to say that I appreciate all the potos, TR's and event reports cuz I live 4 hrs from KI, I'm in grad school and have a 4 month old. So as much as I'd like to attend events and visit parks more, it's not happening for a couple years and I really thank you all for keeping me in the loop through this site.

Returning to the topic of entering and exiting the station. Wasn't it said early on the you cross under the tracks and enter the train from the left (as we look at the above photos) then exit on the right?

I just want to say that I appreciate all the potos, TR's and event reports cuz I live 4 hrs from KI, I'm in grad school and have a 4 month old. So as much as I'd like to attend events and visit parks more, it's not happening for a couple years and I really thank you all for keeping me in the loop through this site.

Returning to the topic of entering and exiting the station. Wasn't it said early on the you cross under the tracks and enter the train from the left (as we look at the above photos) then exit on the right?

people come on. we already went over this stuff. dont sjip ahead just cause you dont want to read. look at the blueprints on page......wow i dont know the page number but still dont skip ahead <_<

That second hill looks so sweet topped off! Have we come to a consensus on the name? I can't wait to see this hill finished and see the track going through the ravine.

To those good people who do the arial photography, I'd love to see some more shots of the back part, the ravine, hammerhead turn and MCBR. Since we can hardly see it through the webcam, I'm just dying with curiosity about the progress.

^^^You get what you pay for. I'm not saying that their coasters are not fun, but rather not as complex.

Take that back! If you want to play that game; Beast is not that complex nor The Racer!

Wooden Coasters are not as complex as Steel Coasters. For they cannot do inversions and so forth.