KI commercials starring Dick Van Dyke

marcia

Dear friends

Do you have any commercaials of KI starring Dick Van Dyke from 30 years ago or less I would like to see them again can you help me out? Thanks a lot.

Take care God bless

Marcia :rolleyes:

I'd love to see them again. Dick Van Dyke would sing "Kings Island's the Place..." I don't remember much else of the lyrics, but it featured broadway-style dancing and lights as I remember.

I'll help continue to take this topic off course...in the "It's a small world" department, Mr. Van Dyke was born and raised in my little town. (He was fortunate enough to have escaped.) He comes back every 10-15 years to visit. Last year he was in town...he walked by where I was at work, but I couldn't go out and actually meet him. He believes in staying physically fit, while he was visting he used the health club 2 doors down to work out.

If you watch The Dick Van Dyke Show you might notice that the character Rob Petrie always mentions that he is from Danville, IL. Also, a good inside joke on the show is that at one point "Rob" says that the mayor (of Danville) was at the grand opening of a new business on Green Street...back in the day, Green Street was known state-wide for being a great place for brothels! To continue in the "It's a small world" department, Hugh Hefner supposedly lost his virginity there also.

• 3 years later...

I did a little snooping around on google and I couldn't find any Kings Island commercials but he also worked in advertising Kings Dominion. Below are links to 3 ads i found.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5561634199481765657&q=dick+van+dyke+commercial

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4128919941654444732&q=dick+van+dyke+commercial

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5652519913118536806&q=dick+van+dyke+commercial

Hope you enjoy em.

DB

• Like 1

KD was built following the success of KI, and has always been a sister park to KI, so it's likely both parks had similar rides and attractions at the time. Wikipedia says their monorail was added in 1974 (a year before the park opened) and also lasted until 1993 like KI's.