More Diamondback Construction Photos

CoastersRZ

I headed up to Kings Island after work today for one of the last days of daily operation. They were still working on Diamondback when I left a few minutes before the park closed at 8!

They have begun to place the track for the turn into the station area after the transfer track area.

See the photos here.

I headed up to Kings Island after work today for one of the last days of daily operation. They were still working on Diamondback when I left a few minutes before the park closed at 8!

They have begun to place the track for the turn into the station area after the transfer track area.

See the photos here.

Cool pics. Looks like the track comes pretty close to the Intl. Showplace. Wonder what the noise from the coaster will be like, and if it will disrupt the shows at the Showplace?

Wow thanks for the updates of the construction. I was just getting ready to hit the sack when i said, "You know what? I want to see how Diamondback is doing." So i got on here and sure enough there is the post of the new pics. This ride is coming along great!

Diamondback is going to be a pretty cool coaster to see/ride (it is the sterotypical CF coaster.... a skyscraper with little else)..... but the venture into the woods and interraction with the main walk paths will make up for a lot.

As a sad piece, but one that will pass.... it's sad to see that Swan Lake will be reduced to a puddle.

I went to the park today for the first time since DB was announced and construction really picked up and I was suprised at how tall the brake run starts out. I only wish I was in the area to see them lift the track, I was too busy grabbing a quick ride after watching a mass exodus of the Firehawk queue because of a "major" technical issue that might take a very long time to fix (all of about 15 min). Those pictures are great!

I only wish I was in the area to see them lift the track, I was too busy grabbing a quick ride after watching a mass exodus of the Firehawk queue because of a "major" technical issue that might take a very long time to fix (all of about 15 min).

Those are the best. I usually try to stay in line as long as possible. Especially since the line for Firehawk is normally at least 45 minutes. But my family and I have been at Disney before where Test Track broke down while we were in line and we waited it out with about 20-30 others. After a while and it still wasn't fixed we were all given passes to come back later and enter the ride through the exit. It was pretty awesome.

I'm not knocking the typical CF coaster... they just all share one common thread.... they tend to be skyscrapers with lots of hills. Nothing wrong with that.

As far as personal taste I long for the type of coaster that a Universal or Disney for that matter would contemplate to design- an element of surprise tucked into the experience; sans, Dueling Dragons, etc....

I'm not knocking Diamondback. Its venture into the woods will make it automatically #1a with The Beast.... maybe #2. Just an observation.

I'd take Diamondback over Dueling Dragons any day.

I'm funny like that.

:)

I know your not saying anything bad about the Dragons...they are freakin awesome, and the themeing, wow, just wow.

I just hope they keep the name Dragons when it is rethemed in 2010.