Geauga Lake: What happened to the other rides?

Not for long if it is not gone already. The property sold early this year for about 3.5 million, and they started to mark the property for demolition. As of April last year, I know for a fact that the Wild Mouse and parts of the Big Dipper were still standing (barely). That was one of my favorite Wild Mouse rides, I think it was because of where Chippewa Lake had it. Oh well, we still have memories.

Not for long if it is not gone already. The property sold early this year for about 3.5 million, and they started to mark the property for demolition. As of April last year, I know for a fact that the Wild Mouse and parts of the Big Dipper were still standing (barely). That was one of my favorite Wild Mouse rides, I think it was because of where Chippewa Lake had it. Oh well, we still have memories.

Ha,if they would dis-assemble it and sell it,they could make some more money!(but some problems,rusty,old,no cars,some track missing.)

^Kennywood has the Whitches Wheel and some other small rides not sure on what. Most of the flat rides were purchased by ride brokers, and will end up for sale in the near future if they have not been sold already. And as I have suspected, some have already been purchased by parks over seas. (that rhymes with tea in which Interp likes) I would not say that the article was a lie, just lacking information.

I was told Schlitterbahn, Parc, Knoebel's and CF bought most of the flat rides. It would be nice to know where the rides are going so we can go see them again. I guess we will have to see what is added new next year at the parks.

You were told wrong, at least in part. Why on earth would Cedar Fair buy flat rides from itself? It could have chosen not to auction them if it had wanted to keep any or all of the ones sold. Besides, even if you see a flat ride installed elsewhere, you may or may not know from whence it came.

I was told Schlitterbahn, Parc, Knoebel's and CF bought most of the flat rides. It would be nice to know where the rides are going so we can go see them again. I guess we will have to see what is added new next year at the parks.

Already Americana,El Dorado & Black Squid are on site at KD so that's one CF park that is benefitting from GL's selection of flats.

I Don't remember the Carousel on the auction list, but my list was made a week or two before the auction. There were items auctioned off that were not on my list. Some items also sold before the auction. I would imagine that CF would want to relocate that, but to where is yet to be seen. It could go into storage waiting an open spot in a park, that is the most likely situation. I have not seen it on any brokers site yet.