What is the Worst Ride You Have Ever Ridden?

What is the worst ride you have ever ridden at any park you have been to?

Was it because the ride was over-hyped or was it something that could have been changed in the design?

What would you do to fix it and make it better?

1. Back Lot Stunt Coaster (fun ride, bad theming)

2. The ugly urban theming and pointless helicopter gun scene

3. Keep the coaster, retheme with Alpine spring landscaping, and get rid of the mid-ride stop.

I would definatly disagree... while it could be painful, I wouldn't say it was the worst ride.

I think the least fun ride that I have been on is Disaster Transport at CP circa '00. I say least fun because, if I'm riding a coaster, I've got to be having some fun.

Guest rcfreak339

I've always loved Son of Beast but I would have to say The Looping Star at Beech Bend Park. If anyone has rode it they would probley agree.

Definitely Zamperla's Energy Storm:

http://www.zamperla.it/immaginiFoto/Energya_400.JPG

Horrid, simply horrid. Imagine being held in a wildly spinning Tilt-A-Whirl ride, but upside down for 30 seconds at a time. I rode it at a trade show. I have never seen one in a park, nor did I see ANYONE reride it at the trade show, nor did I see them sell any of the dastardly devices. Ickarooney.

Flashback @ SFOT

The one time I rode, something happened that caused the OTSR to slip down not one but two notches below what I set it at resulting in me having my spine compressed. Imagine someone putting a searing iron the size of your back on you. It hurt like hell and I almost stopped breathing from the pain.

Now I make sure to hold up on my OTSR on all Arrow coasters, I never want that to happen again.

I'm not really a big fan of wooden coasters, so I can't exactly pick one that I dislike the most. However, the coasters below were particularly awful in my opinion. They are all incredibly painful, and I do not intend to ride them again. I made the mistake of riding Mean Streak on my last visit to Cedar Point; that's a mistake I won't make twice.

Mean Streak

Son of Beast

Rolling Thunder (SFGAdv)

I feel your pain (well, I suppose only figuratively, otherwise you may not have enjoyed the ride!). I get rather upset when people bash Vortex, but I can understand their dislike. Maybe I just got it on a bad day. I've given Mean Streak and SOB several chances to redeem themselves, so I could do the same for Rolling Thunder.

Nah, Rolling Thunder is a turbulent, violent ride. It is not rough, but it is very, very turbulent. There is a huge difference. By the way, how did you like Great American Scream Machine compared to Vortex? Most who grew up on or adore one can't stand the other!

Terpy, who has grown fonder of Vortex after riding GASM all these years

Kings Island:

Son of Beast. My brain was bouncing around so much in my skull that I feared permanent damage. I walked off with 3 bruises, a backache, and a vicious headache.

"Like father, like son" does not apply in this case. The apple fell a long way from the tree.

Cedar Point:

Blue Streak. I not only felt like I was literally going to fall out, but it threw my back against the seat so hard that I had to take 2 advil after I got off so I wouldn't be in pain later.

I know I'm going to get crap for this one, but

Gemini. On my first ride, the sudden helix at the end made me feel like my shoulder had been dislocated.

On my second ride, again on the helix, my lower neck made a nasty snap noise followed by stinging pain that caused me to have a stiff neck for 2 days afterward.

What would I do to make these rides better?

Light a match.

By the way, how did you like Great American Scream Machine compared to Vortex? Most who grew up on or adore one can't stand the other!

Let's put it this way, Terpy, of all my GAdv visits...GASM has been ridden by me...ONCE!! Vortex is a legitimate Posturepedic bed by comparison!! And not to be a Jerry Seinfeld, but "What's the deal with GASM's on-ride photos?? I already broke my neck riding it, and now I gotta break it again looking at my pic!!"

Off topic, why did SF do away with those awesome photo scan cards from last year?? Too many people just getting them scanned and not buying like me! :lol:

Definitely Zamperla's Energy Storm:

http://www.zamperla.it/immaginiFoto/Energya_400.JPG

Horrid, simply horrid. Imagine being held in a wildly spinning Tilt-A-Whirl ride, but upside down for 30 seconds at a time. I rode it at a trade show. I have never seen one in a park, nor did I see ANYONE reride it at the trade show, nor did I see them sell any of the dastardly devices. Ickarooney.

Last word I think they sold 4, but not from the trade show. (Worst example of a ride, at a trade show, I've seen yet) I know that 2 were sold to traveling carnivals, but I do not know where. There is one in Budapest at Vidampark called the T-Rex. It should be open by now, no 30 second hangs on this one. I have actually ridden one with the same program as T-Rex and I was planning to go in March to compare the two, but fan of Beast is going there today and promised a tr. He mentioned it in his Slovakian mountains thread. I think you need to try one again, but this time not at a trade show. Besides, I like Mickey Rooney........oh that's Ickarooney....sorry (OK so I should pay just a little more attention to what I ride and post about. This one at Vidampark is actually a Mose Rides model. The one that I rode was in England at a trade show. And one worse, I talked to that rep for a good 35 min. and thought she was with Zamperla. I am going to quit typing because this post now makes no sense at all.)

http://www.vidampark.hu/keret.htm Go to a page called UJDONSAGOK at the top of the page, and there is a video. It is all in Hungarian with no English pages and I am too lazy to translate right now.

Yep, all the older Vekoma Boomerangs had Arrow trains. It was only later that Vekoma started using its own...

I know, just pointing out my problem with that ride was entirely due to the trains, it was a loose lock that caused the thing to slide down two clicks on me, even though my shoulders were touching the restraint. Thus it is an Arrow issue, not a Vekoma one. Other Boomerangs that did not give me any back pain are much higher on my list (provided they didn't give me whiplash.)

Nah, Rolling Thunder is a turbulent, violent ride. It is not rough, but it is very, very turbulent. There is a huge difference. By the way, how did you like Great American Scream Machine compared to Vortex? Most who grew up on or adore one can't stand the other!

Hmm...I think this is a matter of semantics. I was in pain nearly the entire ride (as is the case on MS and SOB) so I would say it is rough.

As far as GASM goes, I honestly don't remember what I thought about it. For whatever reason, I nearly blacked out on many of the coasters at SFGAdv and cant' remember the ride. I'm an Arrow fanboy, so I probably found it at least somewhat enjoyable. I do remember the horrible station and "landscaping" underneath the coaster though. That was very disappointing, especially since GAdv is such a nice park otherwise.

Kings Island:

Son of Beast. My brain was bouncing around so much in my skull that I feared permanent damage. I walked off with 3 bruises, a backache, and a vicious headache.

"Like father, like son" does not apply in this case. The apple fell a long way from the tree.

Yes. I agree completely.

Blue Streak. I not only felt like I was literally going to fall out, but it threw my back against the seat so hard that I had to take 2 advil after I got off so I wouldn't be in pain later.

What? You must be light as a feather cause I'm a small guy and I found Blue Streak to be smoother than the Blue Racer!

Gemini. On my first ride, the sudden helix at the end made me feel like my shoulder had been dislocated.

On my second ride, again on the helix, my lower neck made a nasty snap noise followed by stinging pain that caused me to have a stiff neck for 2 days afterward.

WHAT? Come on, I loved Gemini! It was smooth as glass to me, and the helix didn't hurt at all!

What would I do to make these rides better?

Light a match.

Sob? yes. Blue Streak and Gemini? You'll have to go through me to burn these babies. :angry:

Son of Beast-It should be burned and replaced with an Intamin. I don't care what kind any of them will be better then the world's biggest bonfire.

Yes, I can't even ride SoB anymore. It kills my back, and I'm still relatively young. I don't even want to imagine how much of a pain it is for some of the older guests at KI

Son of Beast-It should be burned and replaced with an Intamin. I don't care what kind any of them will be better then the world's biggest bonfire.

Yes, I can't even ride SoB anymore. It kills my back, and I'm still relatively young. I don't even want to imagine how much of a pain it is for some of the older guests at KI

I like Son of Beast. I feel bad for it. However if they were to build an exact replica of Son of Beast using Intamins' wooden rollercoaster method, I would be happy.