Diamondback Station/Queue Art?

fcbaseball

After watching the construction and getting more and more excited for next year, I started thinking about what the ride experience as a whole would be like. To me this include the time that you walk under the sign and into line. After a short time I realized that the park hasn't provided us with any conceptual art that showcases the station. What should we expect from the park as far as themeing the queue and the station?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the construction and getting more and more excited for next year, I started thinking about what the ride experience as a whole would be like. To me this include the time that you walk under the sign and into line. After a short time I realized that the park hasn't provided us with any conceptual art that showcases the station. What should we expect from the park as far as themeing the queue and the station?

mabye a giant snake head with 2 giant fangs. that spit out water :P

I think they might use some of them buildings around where the press release was for an indoor line.

I would definately enjoy an indoor line, even if it's just for part of the line. When it's hot I like to head over to Flight of Fear just because it's indoors and I can wait in the cool air conditioning.

I'd say more like Behemoth, only with a different queue sign for D-back....

Btw, if the loading's anything like my precious Behemy...prepare to be lifting your arms up on the restraint check!! (which of course I never really did anyway! B) )

I got up to Toronto this year for Behemoth. I would say its one of the best coasters ever, and from what I have seen, I'm thinking Diamonback might even be better.

I heard that, the building of which the Diamondback Coaster model was sitting durring the announcement was going to be the Diamondback gift shop that you exit through.

Take a look at the model up front, you can see where Brian put the path under the lift. It was my idea to line it with the "shrubery"! It looks awesome!

I think they might use some of them buildings around where the press release was for an indoor line.

I would definately enjoy an indoor line, even if it's just for part of the line. When it's hot I like to head over to Flight of Fear just because it's indoors and I can wait in the cool air conditioning.

What if they don't air condition it though? Then it would be more miserable than an outdoor line. That would suck.

What if they don't air condition it though? Then it would be more miserable than an outdoor line. That would suck.

Why would they make the line go indoors and not air condition it? That's like putting a pool at a waterpark and not putting a wave machine.

Think something similar to Mavs up north. Hight off the ground

It's not going to be up high...the station track is eye level from the press release area.

Really have you seen the height of the final brake run and the transfer track? Pretty sure we will be walking up some stairs to get on and off Diamondback...

I am a so-so on indoor outdoors lines. I like being outdoors because you can see the coaster and see the rest of the park but when it is hot though it is nice to have an indoor line. I wish KI would have vendors in line to sell some drinks or have some free water because i have been in Firehawks line this year and felt like i was going to die.

I remember Vividly waiting in line for 1 and a half hours for MF. Honestly, When I think of a full on waiting que I think of MF. It had the mist fans, the Vendors, a DJ, and some shade tents. I really wouldn't be to dissapointed if it were similar to MF, but I would LOVE it if it were similar to my favorite Que:

Maverick.

As long as there are shade tents and vending machines, I could care less.

I personally like Top Thrill Dragster's theming the best.

The drag race theming, the bright red and yellow, the checkered flags, and the "Ready To Go" song gets me so pumped. Not to mention the deafening roar of the train launching past me as I walk toward the entrance. :D