Labor Day Weekend

fanofki

There is a possibility that I am going ot Kings Island on Labor Day (Last of three employee reuinion days, also day of Pete Rose, George Foster, and Joey Chestnut). Will it be fine or too crowded to enjoy the trip?

I also might go on this Sunday and I don't know what kind of crowds to expect.

Much depends on weather....and it's too early to know about Labor Day Weekend!

Sunday should be fine the first several hours the park is open, but then may get crowded...

Alright. I don't remember ever going to the park this late in the season so I really have no idea what to expect, so whatever knowledge you have is more than I know.

Labor Day weekend is a zoo! I went two years ago and the line for AE even was 45min! We walked over to showcase cinemas and saw a movie it was so ridiculous. That was on Sat. though, sundays are normally ok, but I don't know how they are on holiday weekends, I would think it would still be pretty managable.

Labor Day weekend is a zoo! I went two years ago and the line for AE even was 45min! We walked over to showcase cinemas and saw a movie it was so ridiculous. That was on Sat. though, sundays are normally ok, but I don't know how they are on holiday weekends, I would think it would still be pretty managable.

Well it sounds like if I go, it will be on Labor Day which is Monday.

My brother went to Kings Island on Memorial Day and said it wasn't that bad so I am hoping the same for Labor Day, although there are much more events going on.

^^As in Saturday, September 2nd of Labor Day weekend 2006??

Because actually...I was there that day and thanks to the cool temps, drizzle, and periodic light rain throughout much of the day (though the evening got better), it wasn't that busy at all!! Longest wait of the day for me was 1 hour for BLSC. (thankfully CF's insane rain ride operations policy was not in effect yet!)

Now I believe both Sunday and Monday of that weekend had gorgeous weather....at least that's how it was for me at Holiday World those days when I was able to ride The Voyage in all it's unbridled glory sans trims or MCBR (yet another great ride sadly wrecked!! :( )

^^As in Saturday, September 2nd of Labor Day weekend 2006??

Because actually...I was there that day and thanks to the cool temps, drizzle, and periodic light rain throughout much of the day (though the evening got better), it wasn't that busy at all!! Longest wait of the day for me was 1 hour for BLSC. (thankfully CF's insane rain ride operations policy was not in effect yet!)

Now I believe both Sunday and Monday of that weekend had gorgeous weather....at least that's how it was for me at Holiday World those days when I was able to ride The Voyage in all it's unbridled glory sans trims or MCBR (yet another great ride sadly wrecked!! :( )

Really? I'm trying to think, and I'm almost positive it was 2 years ago, but anyways, not a good experience Drop Zone kept breaking down and people were stuck up top for like 10 minutes.

Uh, the trims installed on Voyage for the 2007 season are now supposedly no longer used....after the ride received some tender loving care during the off season.

Well, but the MCBR is still used!! In 06, I flew down that triple-down, and frankly, I would've taken that airtime over anything El Toro can give!! But now?? Well...ummm...you completely slow down before the triple-down and get maybe one ok pop of good air....BOOOOO!!!!! :angry:

Uh, the trims installed on Voyage for the 2007 season are now supposedly no longer used....after the ride received some tender loving care during the off season.

Well, but the MCBR is still used!! In 06, I flew down that triple-down, and frankly, I would've taken that airtime over anything El Toro can give!! But now?? Well...ummm...you completely slow down before the triple-down and get maybe one ok pop of good air....BOOOOO!!!!! :angry:

No they are not. The MCBR is not used as a trim brake this year. HW is not a Cedar Fair park. They don't continually add trim brakes.

Back to Labor Day weekend......Remember up until last year there has been the 3 day cheerleading event at the park that always drove attendance way up. I don't remember how last years crowd was, but without the cheerleading, I would assume at least Action Zone was a less crowded place!