What will they do?

coaster_junky

i was just wondering if Kings Island will sell the Diamondback model or just put in storage for years to come.

because i for one would think it would be neat if they would auction it off or something.

Not a bad idea. Auction it off with proceeds for a charity. Or, donate it to the A.C.E. (American Coaster Enthusiasts) museum.

somethings not right about that model. The train moves a LOT faster than it would in real life! Its supposed to be a 3 minute ride but it takes under a minute for the train to do the whole course!

What is this? A coaster for ants??? It needs to be, at least 3 times this size!

somethings not right about that model. The train moves a LOT faster than it would in real life! Its supposed to be a 3 minute ride but it takes under a minute for the train to do the whole course!

That's just the way the model works. When I built the Scorpion (Or Attempted!) it ran extremly fast. That's because there is barely any friction and little weight to slow it down.

You know technically with a scale model; even the time it takes to make it around the track will be scaled. Those models are 1:48th scale so technically, aside from the time spent on the lift, all the distances that are traversed due the the affected of gravity will happen in ~1/48 of the time. There is of course a HUGE margin of error there due to the extra forces that affect both the full size and scale versions; but still it is not unexpected that the model completes the circuit so ridiculously quickly.

EDIT: Nevermind this isn't entirely accurate because if the model isn't reaching the same speeds as the full size ride then the time is not going to be accurately scaled. Indeed the problem is that the speed of the train is not 1/48th of the actual speed, it is actually much faster so making a model that accurately scales the time would be incredibly difficult.

I think the model would complete the circuit at the prescribed length of time if the mass of the Earth was reduced to ~1/48, but then the real one would run considerably slower than 80 mph.

Good idea on the auction. It is a somewhat "famous" model now, so it might have a slighly higher value.

I could imagine the I-Street resturant one day becoming a KI musuem of sorts. Something like the musuem at Cedar Point. Its not on a map and its tucked away in the back of the park. You just have to know about it.

Actually the museum at CP is on the map. Museum #30. But yes that would be cool.

^^It will go on the mantel at Kinzel's mansion!! ;)

No, no way. That model is way too small for his mantle.

What is this? A coaster for ants??? It needs to be, at least 3 times this size!

Hehe. I love Zoolander.

OK... for one it looks like the model is going faster than it is due to the fact that you can not scale gravity, however you can scale the ride.

For Example, IF you took the Shrink ray from Honey, I Blew Up The Kid, and blew the model to full size, it would travel the same speed, only look a lot slower than the model. The model looks fast because of the small size.

Someone above said that "All it is is a coasterdynamix model, there's nothing special about it." ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?

Do you know of any other coaster modeling system that can even compair to theCoasterDynamix system?

Do not say Screamin' Serpent, because it looses speed quicker and you have to add booster in places throughout the track to complete the layout.

RollerCoaster Tycoon had a booth at the most recent Hobby expo, and CoasterDynamix was there showing off their new kit. Well the RCT kit kept having problems, to the point where RCT disassembled it. The CoasterDynamix model ran without ANY problems!

COasterDynamix and Kings Island are discussing details about several items to be sold in the store. If the Scorpion in the window of Thrill Seakers isn't a clue then I don't know what is! They will be selling Scorpion Kits that will retail at about $200.00 There is also talk of Beast train statix. Another idea that is floating around is that Kings Island will sell a MODIFIED version of the NEW CoasterDynamix kit (due out this fall) to be molded in the colors of Diamondback. The new kit will be easier to assmble that the scorpion, and is said to run more efficiently.

Back to previous replies:

YOU CAN NOT SCALE GRAVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way to slow the CoasterDynamix system down WITHOUT causing the train to STOP or vally throughout the course.