Is diamondback just the start of a great amusment park

diamondback2009

Kings Island has been a great amusement park for a long time, the selection of rides has just gone out of date. Diamondback is the first ride in the modernization of Kings Island's arsonal, followed by who knows what. A B&M hyper for Kings Island was just about the best desicion possible to start, and I have no doubt that Cedar Fair has plans for more to help Kings Island.

Kings Island has been a great amusement park for a long time, the selection of rides has just gone out of date. Diamondback is the first ride in the modernization of Kings Island's arsonal, followed by who knows what. A B&M hyper for Kings Island was just about the best desicion possible to start, and I have no doubt that Cedar Fair has plans for more to help Kings Island.

Oh so very true.

Or could this be a great new addition to a much needed part of the park River town in general for years has been cut or shrunk . It needs a reason besides The Beast to come to the river town Its a great area That can get so much better.

We shall see. maybe they can get a store or two and country show to come back too:

But overall Kings Island is a great park, and will continue to be maybe a hotel on site.

and if they build another wooden coaster it will be a shooting star clone.

what i think would be great in river town would be a remake of a tunnel of love with from old coney a lost river wow Would that be great!!!!!!

or what!!

Or could this be a great new addition to a much needed part of the park River town in general for years has been cut or shrunk . It needs a reason besides The Beast to come to the river town Its a great area That can get so much better.

We shall see. maybe they can get a store or two and country show to come back too:

But overall Kings Island is a great park, and will continue to be maybe a hotel on site.

and if they build another wooden coaster it will be a shooting star clone.

what i think would be great in river town would be a remake of a tunnel of love with from old coney a lost river wow Would that be great!!!!!!

or what!!

Exactly. Right now The Beast is the only coaster over there and there are just a couple other rides over there (White Water and The Crypt).

I don't think a hotel is near the top of their to-do list because of the fact that Great Wolf Lodge just opened a couple years ago so it isn't like there isn't a hotel there. There is also Coasters down the street.

Amusmeat park? :blink:

Kings Island is already a great park. I've been going there for 12 years and have visited the park 10 times this year. IMO The Beast didn't need a sequel in the first place, it's great by itself. SOB is horrible.

Even if KI did get a TTD clone, I'd still drive to CP to ride TTD, along with Millennium Force, Maverick, Wicked Twister, Raptor, and Magnum. Not to mention the breathtaking view of Lake Erie is something you will never see at KI. CP is a thrillseeker's paradise, and I have fallen madly in love with the place.

Then again, CP doesn't have Drop Tower, Firehawk, Flight of Fear, Beast, Invertigo, or Backlot Stunt Coaster (I happen to like that one). Their kids park and waterpark is also much better than CP's. There is something special about every park.

Amusmeat park? :blink:

Kings Island is already a great park. I've been going there for 12 years and have visited the park 10 times this year. IMO The Beast didn't need a sequel in the first place, it's great by itself. SOB is horrible.

Even if KI did get a TTD clone, I'd still drive to CP to ride TTD, along with Millennium Force, Maverick, Wicked Twister, Raptor, and Magnum. Not to mention the breathtaking view of Lake Erie is something you will never see at KI. CP is a thrillseeker's paradise, and I have fallen madly in love with the place.

Then again, CP doesn't have Drop Tower, Firehawk, Flight of Fear, Beast, Invertigo, or Backlot Stunt Coaster (I happen to like that one). Their kids park and waterpark is also much better than CP's. There is something special about every park.

I completely agree with that (which I think makes three in a row now).

KI has been a great amusement park for 36 years! But i do know what you are talking about, as of 2007, KI was the only major amusement park without a B&M or Intamin(Coaster). KI is only missing a few things to make it more than perfect; and Intamin Accelerator coaster (like Speedmonster!), either a GCI or Gravity Group compact woodie, an Intamin woodie with a steep drop and tons of airtime, another Intamin only this one like Piraten, and lastly... a B&M Invert! I doubt KI will receive any of these in the next few years, but maybe we'll get some of them in the future!

As others have said, KI is already a great amusement park. We have some unique rides and some classics. Plus, we have one heck of a kids area with the awards to back it up. I would bet that a lot of other parks around the nation wish that they had the variety that KI already has and provides to it's guests.

With CF taking over, we can look forward to our entertainment department developing in the coming years with bigger and better hows. We can look forward to many opportunities in the future no matter where that takes us.

I'm sure that CF has great long term plans for most,if not all of the former paramount parks,they just need to pace themselves & not jump into things too fast like SF did nearly a decade ago to avoid a similar situation.

Diamondback will make a great & much needed addition to KI especially in terms of capacity & just the overall quality of the ride experience & along with that CF will see that,just like the addition of Dominator brought in the crowds this year at KD DB will do the same for KI in 09 & thus prove to CF that the park is worthy of large cap ex investments in the future.

After SF made a mess of things with their parks over the past decade or so I was (and still am) a little worried about what the future of the former paramount parks will be,I'd hate to see these great parks end up in a state of disrepair & neglect the way so many of the SF parks formerly managed by premier did because many of those parks were beginning to turn things around just before SF's spending spree ruined them.