Holiday World Announces World's Tallest Water Ride for 2009!

The main reason that I doubt I'll ever visit Holiday World, is that I feel with price of admission, I feel too much like I'm paying for water attractions, and I'm a fan of dry rides only. Heck I've been to Kings Island over the last 30 years hundreds of times and I have yet to visit the waterpark, just not a fan. If they had separate admissions I'm sure I would visit, and I may once someday but I don't feel I should have to pay for the water rides, but for fans of waterparks I'm sure it's a great place.

^^Keep in mind, HW's hours are NOT like WDW!! It's not an all day affair...if you wanted to spend an hour driving down to the Wendy's on I-64 for lunch, you wouldn't be at HW for that long.

They have plenty of dry flats (awesome swings, a very intense double-shot, cool Sally dark ride) and coasters, and Voyage is seriously a coaster you could ride 20 times (with Pepsi breaks in between), and still not get enough, it's that good!!

I think with "free" parking and soda, for the price of admission with a discount/coupon it's a steal if you went there for dry stuff only!! That said, I am legitimately worried about PP's creating wet seats on Voyage, but both of my 09 trips will include water park visits anyway, which their water park is a lot better than most Six Flags' Hurricane Harbor's, IMO.

It's an awesome park, and if they added a steel Euro-fighter coaster, it would truly be complete!!

No park is ever complete. I would like to take a trip to Holiday World but it seems most of my friends don't want to drive 3 hours for only 3 coasters. They don't seem to understand they are some of the best three coasters in the country. Oh well hopefully I can get to Dollywood this month. I think it opens up in like two weeks.

Tigey, I could not say it better. Holiday World is a steal of a park. 3 of the best wooden coasters around, some nice flats, great shows for a park of its size, and the water park is insane. Honestly one of the best waterparks thats not free standing I have ever been too. I also agree a Eurofighter would be a nice addtion, but I could see a Mega-Lite fitting nicely.

^ A Mega Lite would be a beautiful addition to the park (or any other US park for that matter). They don't cost nearly as much as the bigger hypers and from all accounts deliver a great ride experience. The POVs from those rides look fantastic! Having a Voyage/Intamin Mega-Lite 1-2 punch would be amazing!

I would have to say I am excited about HW new PP, and I like how they spent the time and money to put up a real station. The station is built up were the out side looks like a house, along with that the Voyage station is like a house to. The Legend station looks like a 1700 or 1800 school house, to me it just seems like they put more time into theme there station's, unlike other parks were they just build theirs out of steel and concrete.

I've been going to HW scene 2004, I don't think I've had a bad trip. Plus it nice that they still have tram service, free parking, free soft drinks, there water park is free to. And just like said above there three wooden coasters. The Voyage is by far my favorite wooden coaster, you just can't beat the 24 seconds of air time. The only down side is that the park is a three our drive, but its worth it!!!!

Plus last year they added Clocks around the park, unlike other parks were that's not allowed, were guest are not sup post to know what time it is.

^ IMO, El Toro has better (and more abrupt) moments of airtime but the Voyage has much more airtime overall. I don't want to turn this into a El Toro vs. The Voyage debate, so suffice it to say that both coasters are amazing in their own right.

^^Agreed...Voyage and El Toro are two different types of coasters and experiences...they can't be compared. It's be like comparing S:ROS to Diamondback or Behemoth, they have their own pluses and minuses.

hw_031309_114552.jpg

aye carumba!!! :o

It does look pretty fun but I would be more excited if the drop was a little bit steeper. Is this going to have restraints

Steeper is not always better...look at Perilous Plunge at Knott's...the steepness there has created problems and modifications to tweak-down ride intensity. I'd rather start at this, and "let 'er rip"!! ;) I think the height will cancel out the angle anyway.

Also, still a little confused on the restraints, but apparently it's like Maverick's, but without the over-the-shoulder part...so you're secured from the waist down.