Cedar Point 2009 Passes Go On Sale Sunday

Yep, but online offers are in effect now...the others begin as you said. I merely repeated the headline....FUN is now on sale...

The website reads "From Sunday, Sept. 7 through Sunday, Nov. 2, this offer will be available online, over the phone or at the park during regular operating hours."

They shouldn't print a story with a misleading headline like that, when passes are not on sale yet.

I wasn't targeting you, Terpy. I was merely pointing out the article's error in hopes that a hoard of people on this site wouldn't rush to buy their passes, only to discover that it is the 2008 pass that they have bought.

Unfortunately Cedar Point is too far away for poor old Justin to bother buying a pass.

Trenton to Sandusky would take a few hours, and that would mean having to wake up EXTREMELY early in order to experience the park the way I like to do with all parks I go to (Inside the park from the moment the rope drops until the moment the security guard ejects me from the park) And then I wouldn't get home until the AM hours =[

But Sunday is when they've invited all of the current passholders to The Point for a Passholder Appreciation Day. Perfect time to get them all to renew for next year :) And for anyone else at the park on Sunday that isn't a pass holder, they'll see the benefits that are being enjoyed by the passholders, and get theirs for next year.

Unfortunately Cedar Point is too far away for poor old Justin to bother buying a pass.

Trenton to Sandusky would take a few hours, and that would mean having to wake up EXTREMELY early in order to experience the park the way I like to do with all parks I go to (Inside the park from the moment the rope drops until the moment the security guard ejects me from the park) And then I wouldn't get home until the AM hours =[

Justin, I live 3 hours away from CP and I've been there 5 times this year.

I get up at 4 am, get packed, showered and ready, and I'm on the road by 5 am to give myself plenty of time just in case I hit construction or a traffic jam, stop for food or gas, etc.

I get in at 9 am with my platinum pass so I'm usually one of the first ones in the lot around 8:15 am. I wait by the gate until 9 am and then make a mad dash (not joking, I actually do run) for my precious Millennium Force, which usually ends up being a walk-on that early!

The drive home is kind of depressing, but that''s the only downside. There has been times when I didn't make it home until almost 3 am.

But the CP experience is well worth the drive, trust me, you won't regret it. I was being truthful when I told you that no POV or photo does their coasters justice. You won't believe your eyes when you look to your left while driving over the causeway and see how huge their coasters really are for the first time. It's something you have to see for yourself, there's no word to describe the feeling.

And I sorta have disagree with you, gigacoaster2k... Coasters that make me shout expletives aren't going on my list of favorites, such as Mean Streak, as well as a few at Beech Bend Park.

I meant the shouting expletives in a good way such as on FOF, Dragster, Wicked Twister, etc.

Not oversized piles of firewood like Pain Streak. :lol:

Mean Streak is actually running quite well right now, it was actually smooth enough for me to put my back on the back rest yesterday. Also I dont want anyone complaining about a 3 hour drive, thats how far away KI is for me. Ive been there 6 times in 2 years (with a Haunt trip on the way) even though CP is 75 min away (been there much more though obviously.) I even hit both parks over the weekend, KI on Sat, CP on Monday (which was really light crowds managed to do 46 rides, 23 coasters, 5 Front row rides.)

Justin, I live 3 hours away from CP and I've been there 5 times this year.

I get up at 4 am, get packed, showered and ready, and I'm on the road by 5 am to give myself plenty of time just in case I hit construction or a traffic jam, stop for food or gas, etc.

I get in at 9 am with my platinum pass so I'm usually one of the first ones in the lot around 8:15 am. I wait by the gate until 9 am and then make a mad dash (not joking, I actually do run) for my precious Millennium Force, which usually ends up being a walk-on that early!

The drive home is kind of depressing, but that''s the only downside. There has been times when I didn't make it home until almost 3 am.

But the CP experience is well worth the drive, trust me, you won't regret it. I was being truthful when I told you that no POV or photo does their coasters justice. You won't believe your eyes when you look to your left while driving over the causeway and see how huge their coasters really are for the first time. It's something you have to see for yourself, there's no word to describe the feeling.

Honestly I figured I'd be getting something like that from you :) Lol.

I won't be getting my Driver's License until April (I can't seem to find work to pay for Driver's ed, so I have to wait until I'm 18 and don't have to go through it anymore) so going to CP isn't going to happen until then.

Somehow I just don't see my dad agreeing to getting up at 4AM on one of his limited days off, driving three hours to take me to a theme park, then driving three hours back home (He can't do theme parks, bum heart) and then, hours later, repeating the six-hour round trip to get me back home.