Diamondback Steel Work

mikejenkins1

The track is all made. It is just being stored elsewhere to prevent it from cluttering the site. I believe I saw a considerable amount of track behind Firehawk the last time I was at the park.

Correct. But now they have removed the track that was behind Firehawk and put it in the splash down area.

Right now they are putting the biggest yellow support up now.

My theory, they are gonna put all the yellow supports up and then put the track on it.

Then they are gonna start where the hammerhead turn is and meet up at the top of the lift hill.

Either way, they are gonna fly through this construction.

Just to clarify some things. The footings (or foundations if you will) are made of concrete. The supports (footers as Firehawkboy called them), are placed on top of the footings. Not all of the footings have been placed yet. If you watch the animation of the ride, you will notice that the tree island`s by The Beast`s entrance/exit will be getting footings. They have not even begun to work on these footings. Other then those footings, I believe that all other footings are in place.

Just to clarify some things. The footings (or foundations if you will) are made of concrete. The supports (footers as Firehawkboy called them), are placed on top of the footings. Not all of the footings have been placed yet. If you watch the animation of the ride, you will notice that the tree island`s by The Beast`s entrance/exit will be getting footings. They have not even begun to work on these footings. Other then those footings, I believe that all other footings are in place.

WHoops! Good eye Coasters RZ, for some reason I have the tendancy to call the supports, footers. :lol:

But he is correct about the footers. They have not all been put up yet.

I think they'll put the footers up (where the 2nd helix will be) after the season is over because the construction will interfer with the walk to The Beast, unless they walk to the left of the little tree island. Hmm.. Idk. We'll see.

Anyone have a picture of the station for Behemoth? Curious how steep the incline out of the station for that riide is.

I don't think the two will be that comparable since Behemoth has a turn out of the station and into the lift hill, while D-back just heads straight out! Looking at the D-back diagrams, there will be a couple feet of track before the incline.

So while the lift will be very steep, it appears it won't be coming straight out of the station like Millennium Force.