Halloween Haunt...

hauntguy

Well kids, September is here... the days are getting shorter... and for some reason a mass amount of "dead people" have been lurking around Kings Island. Yes, yes, yes... It's that frightening time of year again...Halloween Haunt! 2009!So, to "get you in the mood"... or put you out of one; here is a short video I made LAST YEAR, kinda a tribute to haunt! Anyways, enough rambling... here's the vid:

Happy haunting... and sweet dreams! HAHAHAHAHAHA.... -Hauntguy

Something has changed with your friendly neighborhood uncle.

He's left the cornfield, and has been released out into the world.

The streets of Kings Island will never look the same.

Should I be worried, or should I just avoid you?

Just like that uncle who always visits when not invited, you will be unable to avoid him.

KIC members have been marked.

He will make a direct route to you.

Yep. Perhaps you heard that you cannot use your Season Pass (or even ticket) to get BACK in...that would be true, and is largely for your own safety. But season passes of all colors are accepted during the Halloween Haunt at Kings Island. Heck, for the first time ever, valid passes usable for entry at Carowinds the rest of the season (a Carowinds or Platinum Pass---not just a one park pass from another CF park) are also honored during Scarowinds, which had before been an upcharge attraction, with only a discount for passholders!

Something has changed with your friendly neighborhood uncle.

He's left the cornfield, and has been released out into the world.

The streets of Kings Island will never look the same.

Should I be worried, or should I just avoid you?

Just like that uncle who always visits when not invited, you will be unable to avoid him.

KIC members have been marked.

He will make a direct route to you.

Ohh Boy. Luckally being only 5' 7" I can blend easilly!

He will? He's in New Jersey?

Oh, the horror!

Ohh Terpy you are great.

Yep. Perhaps you heard that you cannot use your Season Pass (or even ticket) to get BACK in...that would be true, and is largely for your own safety.

You're probably right, but how is it any less safe than usual to get back in?

One of the fears is that patrons of this...uh...adult event will leave, go to their cars, imbibe in 'adult' beverages, and return in a somewhat less than sober state. Also, this allows large groups of guests to assemble in the parking lot. Older adults often figure, sometimes somewhat reasonably, that large assemblages of idle, perhaps inebriated teens are a recipe for trouble.

Or, if you are more cynical, I suppose you could think the no re-entry policy is to keep safe Cedar Fair profits as guests who are famished must partake of the over-priced comestibles, if they can be called that, along with those same but somewhat higher priced adult beverages contained within the gates of the facility.

Yep. Perhaps you heard that you cannot use your Season Pass (or even ticket) to get BACK in...that would be true, and is largely for your own safety.

You're probably right, but how is it any less safe than usual to get back in?

One of the fears is that patrons of this...uh...adult event will leave, go to their cars, imbibe in 'adult' beverages, and return in a somewhat less than sober state. Also, this allows large groups of guests to assemble in the parking lot. Older adults often figure, sometimes somewhat reasonably, that large assemblages of idle, perhaps inebriated teens are a recipe for trouble.

Or, if you are more cynical, I suppose you could think the no re-entry policy is to keep safe Cedar Fair profits as guests who are famished must partake of the over-priced comestibles, if they can be called that, along with those same but somewhat higher priced adult beverages contained within the gates of the facility.

Well, I don't want that. And I guess the park doesn't either.

As long as your friend's pass is for 2008, it can be used....and if it is for 2009 and has not been used for any visit this year, I believe your friend can use it for entry one time, and yes, that one time can be HH....

Originally, it was contemplated that HH be an upcharge this year, but, obviously, the park didn't do that this year. . .

(Please note, this story is entirely fictional. If you actually need this disclaimer, please seek help.)

Mason, OH

Evolutionary biologists are investigating reports of a "scaly monster" seen crawling out of the Little Miami river today. "I was out fishin', and out of the corner of my eye I saw this giant blue scaly... thing taking off into the woods by Kings Island." local resident Jimbo Shrimp told reporters today.

"This whole idea is preposterous." Biology professor at Xavier University Smar T. Pants explained. "A creature of this size, over six feet by some accounts, is far too large to have remained hidden all these years."

Some theories have come out that this creature has recently evolved, hence the sudden appearance of it. Scientists from the area are patrolling the location, hoping to find evidence of this "fish monster". Park officials from Kings Island have stated they have no reason to believe this creature has found a home on park property, and is not allowing scientists in to investigate. "We need to know where this monster is, and if it has gone into the park, the public needs to know." Jimbo worriedly told our reporters.

Park officials have stated they are doing their own search of the premises for this supposed creature, and plan to allow the public into the park on September 26th to prove that reports of this monster are unreliable.

(Can ya tell I love the Halloween Horror Nights style of creating a backstory for their "icons"?)

Brad,

I like it! Maybe just change some of the corny names around to something more real... and this would be awesome for KI to use! Kudos man, good job! -Hauntguy

Well, I figured I should write the names so people knew it was just a joke... if they couldn't tell to begin with.

I do think something that would be cool would be to have this "monster" spotted at the Newport Aquarium to advertise for the event.