TOMB RAIDER RETURNING?

faceofbeast

hey guys, :lol:

so i was on google the other day and i decided to search tomb raider the ride on wikipedia, and this is what i saw on the page:

Generally, most Kings Island fans & visitors report being "disappointed" by the changes to the ride. They report a desire for a return to "Tomb Raider: The Ride" or at least an incarnation of the ride that is more centered on themeing. After all, the ride opened as undoubtedly the most highly-themed ride in the state, and has been reduced to a mish-mash of themes and a visually uninteresting ride with a non-existent storyline. Fans do applaud, though, the changes that have been made even during the 2008 season which prove that the ride has not been "given up on." New ride programs are introduced occasionally to try to change the experience, and from time to time, the ride does operate with effect lights, a slight musical score (drums and flutes), and the goddess carving on the wall is illuminated. This is an undeniable step up from the statistics at the beginning of the summer in which the ride was in complete pitch-black darkness and techno music played during the ride (later, howling wind noises accompanied it).

Fans of the original Tomb Raider: The Ride are extremely ecstatic as a whole to learn that the goddess carving on the wall is now being illuminated in the ride chamber: a hint to them that Tomb Raider: The Ride (perhaps not in name, but in soundtrack, effects, and storyline) will make a comeback in the coming years. It's the sincere wish of the Tomb Raider fans community that the Tomb Raider themeing has simply been removed for one season to be changed slightly (the removal of the trademarked Triangle of Light, etc) and that the effects will be back next year.

could this mean we could get tomb raider back, without the triangle of light and stuff?

the hindu stuff is OBVIOUSLY not copyrighted, :lol:

im kind of excited.

HERES THE LINK IF YOU WANT IT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider:_..._(Kings_Island)

[Directed to Joe]--- Well I am sure the park still has all the theming... Just look at Kings Dominion's Crypt, they still have their music, effects, monkey warriors, all they had to do to their ride is just remove a fountain with the traingle of light on it! I hope that they do SOMETHING to the ride. I would be ECSTATIC if they brought back all the stuff from TRTR excluding the Preshow video! I can hope can't I?

[Directed to lamberman]---Why did you delete it? Most of the stuff he stated is TRUE? He said that there have been changes to the ride since opening this season, that have mae it more like Tomb Raider: The Ride was. The only thing that is "made up" is that everything from TRTR is returning, and how do you know it isn't true!?

I am not saying in any way that it is true, but how do you know it isn't?

That was a terribly written into Wikipedia based largely on speculation and very loosely on facts. I wouldn't trust that rumor as far as I could throw (and you know I'd like to) the entire ride.

Now, perhaps we'll get some better theming during the offseason, which would be great but TR:TR is not coming back. Sorry folks.

Please inform the rest of us IChase how you know that TR:TR isnt coming back in future years?

Same way people "know" Flight Commander or The Smurf ride isn't coming back. Nobody is a fortune teller here, but some things are pretty certain. The fact that the Paramount rights are gone from the park and that no new Tomb Raider movie has been announced for the foreseeable future that the park would want to cash in on, makes it a pretty good bet it ain't coming back.

kjkjkj: Anything in there that happened to be true was poorly written and didn't help the article. And I tend to err on the side of caution and assume nothing added by a person who also added fiction is worth salvaging.

I can't be convinced that theory is wrong, either. :)

• 1 month later...

So I was at KI last friday and I rode The Crypt. It was of course good as usual, but I noticed a few things. In the que line many of those fake spiders were gone, actually I only saw like 2. And on the actual ride they play the old boarding music with the drumbeats, and when the ride starts it does that whistle sound it used to to. Also they have some white lights facing the wall where the lady is. Finally when the ride stops it does that same whistle noise. Now unless I just didn't pay attention at all this summer I never thought they used the old TR:TR sound effects through out the ride. Also they had the torchs lit on the outside of the entrance.

Soooo fill me in.

I must be cursed...I *think* I heard the techno when they were mixing it before it was put on the ride, but never heard it at the ride. (either that or a Haunt maze track during the month of April) All I ever hear is the wind. Sorry RingMaster, Ima jinx. The most recent time I been on Crypt I didnt even hear the wind. Just spinning in the dark.