Kings Island has some of the oldest rides

Guest TombraiderTy

Besides the fact that Cedar Point opened before it... wow... and they list The Beast, but not any of the rides older than the park such as Scrambler, Monster, not even the Grand Carousel, the park's oldest operating ride!

Wow... it's things like this that get me ticked off.

Gemini is actually older than Beast. If they were going to talk about old rides they should have gone with Racer which opened with the park in 1972. Like TopGun1993 posted, It really does not matter! 1979 is in fact a long time ago, next year The Beast will be 30 years old. Not only that but it has continued to be ranked very high among coaster enthusiasts despite its age.

I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about this. I don't think the writer was trying to insult the park at all. By "old" I think he/she was trying to imply "classic" NOT "worn down" or "out of date." In comparison to Cedar Point I think I would have to agree with that assessment. Coney Mall definitely has a classic theme park feel to it and Cedar Point doesn't really have anything that compares to that. Also, the "article" is so short that I don't think its worth reading that much into it.

Actually, I wish KI had more of it's older rides still in the park.the Cuddle Up, Rotor, Tumble Bug and don't even remind me the Eagles are gone. This writer was either on crack or mad because he can't get his book published and he works for this paper until someone discovers him. I wonder if this guy has been to either park? I wonder if this guy has a life, I wonder if this guy needs a date? I why I wonder why I care about a guy like this? :lol:

This writer was either on crack or mad because he can't get his book published and he works for this paper until someone discovers him. I wonder if this guy has been to either park? I wonder if this guy has a life, I wonder if this guy needs a date? I wonder why I care about a guy like this? :lol:

Seeing as how he made a generalized statement about the park without doing any actual research, I have to wonder the same thing.

Anyone who has been to either park could easily write a 2 to 3 page paper on the rides, the theming, the feeling you get from just being there, the history, the quality of food and service, and so on. It's obvious to me that he has neither been to KI nor CP.

I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about this. I don't think the writer was trying to insult the park at all. By "old" I think he/she was trying to imply "classic" NOT "worn down" or "out of date." In comparison to Cedar Point I think I would have to agree with that assessment. Coney Mall definitely has a classic theme park feel to it and Cedar Point doesn't really have anything that compares to that. Also, the "article" is so short that I don't think its worth reading that much into it.

I disagree. Part of Cedar Point's charm is indeed the classic amusement park feel. While Kings' Island, in my opinion, has overdone it in removing many of the wonderful classic rides ( Cuddle Up, Bavarian Beetle, Rotor, Antique Cars.) Cedar Point has allowed many of the old rides ( Cedar Downs, not one but two antique car rides, their version of old Coney Island's Cloud Nine )to coexist with the high tech coasters. The front midway of Cedar Point to me is very similar to the midway at Old Coney Island.

^I have noticed that too Mark, while I never personally experienced Coney's old midway, I have seen many pictures of it. The midway at Cedar Point with the sky ride really reminds me of it, and I love how all the grass in between is really well landscaped. I would love it if KI installed a modern sky ride along the Coney Mall midway.

I'd say Beast is somewhat of a old ride IMO, but Adventure Express is downright ancient!

This makes zero sense. If you consider The Beast to be "somewhat old" how can you honestly say that AE is "downright ancient"? The Beast opened many years before AE.

I'd say Beast is somewhat of a old ride IMO, but Adventure Express is downright ancient!

This makes zero sense. If you consider The Beast to be "somewhat old" how can you honestly say that AE is "downright ancient"? The Beast opened many years before AE.

I think that you missed the humor in the comment.

.... WooferBear ..... Who is amazed that The Beast has been called Old!

Especially since that comment came from (regardless of his screen name) what is perhaps Adventure Express's Fan Numero Uno...

Terpy, for many years one of Rolling Thunder's few fans, and probably number three thereof (behind the famous Rich and Sue, of course, who moved on to Balderdash and then got married on same)

Especially since that comment came from (regardless of his screen name) what is perhaps Adventure Express's Fan Numero Uno...

Terpy, for many years one of Rolling Thunder's few fans, and probably number three thereof (behind the famous Rich and Sue, of course, who moved on to Balderdash and then got married on same)

They were married on Balderdash?