What New Services Should KIC Offer?

In order to keep KICentral.com fresh and continue to bring you the best coverage on the web, we are always devising different innovations to better serve our community. Some ideas that have been tossed around are a Podcast, a video show, and a newsletter.

If you like the idea of a Podcast, how often do you think it should be? Do you think it should cover news and rumors from the forums or just cover info released from the park? Who do you think should be on this podcast?

A video show is an innovation that's certainly feasible. Is this idea appealing? What suggestions would you have for a show? How regular should it be?

We had a KIC Newsletter a long time ago but ended up having to delete it to recover room for a database before the day and age when the possibilities were endless. Would this be something that's of interest to you?

Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I voted for all of the above.

As far as other goes...Promotional giveaways are something that quite a few of the fansites out there have...

Really though, You guys don't really need anything else, I mention the Promo giveaways tongue in cheek!

I almost don't see how a newsletter is any different than the front page media release updates on the homepage of this site.

Other Idea Suggestion

I would like to offer a suggestion on something I know I would like to see; some sort of iteming that members could put-on/ wear or display while at KI. I think it would advertise your site but most importantly allow the members to see a fellow member while touring KI. Especially on opening weekend, park announcements and so forth. I have enjoyed all the great entertainment this year but I have equally enjoyed meeting so many fellow members here.

I think something cheap and easy to do is to use Plastic Coated Metal Tabs like this AG-metallapel(1).jpg

Which can be found at various sites like this http://www.extra-mile.com/pinspatches/butt...metal-litho.htm

Poll Feedback

I like to see Podcast or Video show. In a past thread I suggested this in a post

I agree that most pod casts I have heard I would have rather watched paint dry. But those are ones that usually just have one person doing all the commentary and seem to be reading their notes with little enthusiasm of the topic they where discussing.

The ones that I have enjoyed had 3-4 regular commentators each show with a couple periodical commentators. They divided the topics up and give each commentator so much time to discuss their topic while the others offer serious/comical anecdotal comments to keep it interesting. Example if one of the topics was merchandise the commentator may be someone that enjoys shopping and gives listeners tips on what’s new in the stores games and so forth. Another one could get into food and beverages and discuss the food options, bar areas, quality, and reports of sampling of the items.

Other ideas would be

Rides

Park Maintenance

Merchandise

Food & Beverages

Tips and Tricks (including helpful Touring tips)

Entertainment

Lodging

I think splitting it up to several commentators usually allows someone who may be interested in that topic to get more insight because they are interested in it which comes across to the listeners more insightful and entertaining.

I selected the first three, but after thinking it over I would cancel my vote for the newsletter. I would also select other and join Avatar's suggestion. However, instead of a button, I would love to have a KIC shirt. I have mentioned this to my brother several times while at the park. I don't know how good the quality is, but I know you can have shirts made at www.cafepress.com

For the first episode of the video show, you could have members, like you (Ryan) and Dane, introduce yourself to members who haven't had the chance to meet you.

A KIC badge to flash around the park? I'd wear it! I love to run into fellow enthusiasts at the park, especially when It get's annoying saying,

"No, It's Not Top Gun. It's Flight Deck."

That would be a great shirt collection, with all the renamed rides.

Totally. I know Avatar, Ty, Paul, Tynes, and The mod Group anywhere but no one else, so It'd be nice to be able to point out others.

I'll admit, a pin is something that I never thought would be suggested. I think it's a little much to wear a pin to Kings Island every day. What about the t-shirt idea? We used to sell them through cafe press. We always mark stuff on there down as low as possible. If you wore the KIC T-shirt, at least others would know that you're on here and you could converse.

I would like to offer a suggestion on something I know I would like to see; some sort of iteming that members could put-on/ wear or display while at KI. I think it would advertise your site but most importantly allow the members to see a fellow member while touring KI. Especially on opening weekend, park announcements and so forth. I have enjoyed all the great entertainment this year but I have equally enjoyed meeting so many fellow members here.

I like your idea, and I agree.

I have a shirt from CafePress.com with an anti-line jumping image on the front and on the back. On the back, below the image, it advertises a link to another amusement park's website.

I belong to that forum too, so I wear the shirt proudly.

I think a lot of members would wear shirts with KICentral name on it and the reason why I suggested the Button/Tab is because it is cheap and it would be something I would wear to the park over a t-shirt. I did notice that Café Press has both; many shirt choices and a variety of button sizes among many other items that could be used for everyone’s own personal taste.

I would just like to see some way that members could spot other members when in the park.

I would just like to see some way that members could spot other members when in the park.

you can always spot me. i'm the only one getting off SOB with a smile on my face>

I'm the one on Drop Tower swinging my feet with my hands in the air while everyone else is gritting their teeth with their eyes closed.

you can always spot me. i'm the only one getting off SOB with a smile on my face>

I'm the one on Drop Tower swinging my feet with my hands in the air while everyone else is gritting their teeth with their eyes closed.

I'll be next you gritting my teeth, then riding again, with gritting teeth. Then again, gritting my teeth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...