What New Services Should KIC Offer?

Guest rcfreak339

I have got an Idea! How about a donate page of KIC where you can earn prizes by donating!? Like....

$10-KIC Keychain

$20-KIC Hat+Key chain

$30-T-shirt + Hat +Key chain

$40-$10 dollers off any KIC event+T-Shirt+hat+key chain

ect, ect....

(Sounds like the pledge system at your local public broadcasting outlet...and to REALLY make it work, about every three months, the board should disappear for 15-20 minutes at a time for about a week...replaced by a banner saying: "Your KICentral.com page will return shortly...you are what makes KICentral.com possible...you can donate, this service is supported by users like you!"

Then again, note that public broadcasting supposedly doesn't have advertisers (uh...underwriters?), and that KICentral isn't supported in large part (or, for that matter, hardly in any part) by tax dollars.

But there IS advertising...which is used to support the expenses this site does have. Advertising that other Kings Island fan sites and some users have occasionally made fun of or grumped about...but note that the supporters and advertisers here have made possible the huge bandwidth the site uses....for things like photo trip reports, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
other

KIC should lobby KI management for reduced admission. Viewed from another perspective, KI gets a great amount of free, enthusiastic marketing from this site. To my knowledge KIC recieves no compensation from KI... or do they? Hmmm....

No, KIC is supported by the staff itself and sponsored by Cox Ohio Publishing.

If you're concerned with admission, why not get a season pass? It'll pay itself off in two visits. Plus, if you ever wondered what the crowds looked like with a park with low admission, visit Stricker's Grove on one of their public days. It ain't pretty...

Quoting Flightoffear1996 "I want KIC to install a high speed transit system from downtown to the mason area. Have it take 10 minutes to get there going about 120 MPH."

You could make one yourself. All you need is a clear I-71 (at around 3:00 am) and a Mustang GT500KR. :P

The chat idea is good. I wonder if there could be such a thing as a virtual KI "sim" environment, where KIC members can interact within a 3D replica of the park, as part of the site? It could be the KI of the 70's, 80's, etc...

I am jumping on board for the T-shirt or button idea. I would recognize some of the members after going to the second coming, but it would be nice to be able to spot a fellow member by the shirt. If you had them, I would certainly purchase one!