Tips for a HH first timer

gms21089

Im planning on a visit for Halloween Haunt this year, but im not certain what to expect. I see that theres fear zones and mazes and everything, but do I need to expect walking around the park and a Scaractor popping out of nowhere? And how are the lines for the rides and mazes? Any help will do, Thanks!

Yes, you need to expect scares...anywhere.

Yes, it will be crazy busy, but Fridays are the least so...and earlier in the season is better than later in the season...on Friday or Saturday.

No unexpected scares during the day before HH begins or on Sundays.

And do bring your nickels. Mr. Kinzel likes it when people spend them in the park. So much so that there is no re-entry during HH. Leave the park gates to go to the parking lot and you can't get back in without paying again...season pass or not. Heaven help you if you forget and leave something in your car.

Only tickets, gold and Platinum passes will get you in the first time...regular non-gold Kings Island passes are not honored during HH.

Enjoy! Or, if it is not your cup of tea, go on Sunday or leave before HH starts...

HH is a great time, we take our young kids, who were less scared than some of the older kids at the park. One stead fast rule "You don't touch the monsters, They won't touch you!" Expect loud noises and some long lines, but the lines do move fast, so don't get discouraged.

Guest TombraiderTy

Hit up the mazes as soon as they open, going from one to another. Probably start at the Action Theater one, then move down to Death Row and Massacre Manor.

Pick your "Top 5 list" before you go. The lines will be long to the point that you will be fortunate to complete that.

Speaking of TOP LISTS...

It's nice to see Kings Islands own "Halloween Haunt" to be #7 on "America's Top 10 Amusement Park Halloween Events" list for the first time, as compiled by industry leader Hauntworld Magazine. Check it out here.

http://visitkingsisland.com/special/haunt/

Halloween Haunt Frequently Asked Questions

What is Halloween Haunt?

The “scare-masters” from Knotts Berry Farm that originated and perfected theme park Halloween events have brought a bigger, badder and just plain scarier event to Kings Island this fall. Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will set new standards throughout the Midwest in adult scare entertainment!

When is it?

Gates to the underworld for Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will be open beginning at 7 p.m. September 26, 27; October 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31; November 1

When is the best time to visit?

If you want to avoid running into too many live bodies, schedule a visit earlier in the month or on Fridays.

Halloween Haunt Highlights:

Check back soon for all the GORY DETAILS.

Is this event too intense for young children?

Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will include graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences. Parents, please be advised.

At 5 p.m. Kings Island begins the transformation from something for everybody in the family to nothing but terrifying horror around every corner! Families should make sure to flee with their innocent, impressionable children. Run...don't walk as we turn to the dark side!

Where can I purchase tickets?

You can buy tickets online now, or at the gate on the day of your visit.

How much does all of this in-your-face terror cost?

Front Gate Friday Nights & Saturday Nights (after 5 pm) 34.99

Front Gate Saturdays (Full Day + Haunt) 47.99

Friday Nights ONLINE pricing 19.99

Saturday ONLINE pricing 25.99

The Haunt is FREE for 2008 PASSHOLDERS!

Any survival tips?

For your safety, Halloween Haunt attractions are not recommended for guests with pacemakers, claustrophobia, heart conditions, seizures, asthma, or any other condition that could be aggravated by the special effects and scares used throughout the park.

Will any rides be open during Halloween Haunt events?

Most of Kings Island’s major thrill rides will be open during the event, including The Beast, Son of Beast, Drop Tower, Invertigo, Flight of Fear, Delirium, The Racer, Vortex, Flight Deck and Firehawk.

Can I wear my Halloween costume?

No guest costumes are permitted.

:Rides:

Firehawk

Thrill flyers experience heart-pounding excitement as Firehawk soars through more than ½ a mile of steel tracking. Willing adventure seekers lie down to experience this 51 mph., top-secret, all-altitude airborne mission. But they’re certainly not relaxing – within seconds, each pilot is facing the ground, experiencing the inconceivable feeling of human flight.

The Beast

Still the World's Longest Wooden Roller Coaster for over 25 years. The legendary Beast still seizes its prey in its terrifying grip, roaring through the wilderness on 7,400 feet of track at speeds of over 60 mph through dark tunnels and its signature twin helix! Consistently named the best wooden roller coaster in the world by enthusiasts everywhere, don't miss your chance to feel the grip of The Beast!

Son of Beast

The Son of Beast is a world-record breaking roller coaster that elevates the classic wood coaster experience to a new level, taking riders up higher than ever and racing them around wooden track faster than ever before.

Drop Tower

Feel your heart drop when you plunge 26 stories from a height of 315 feet straight down at speeds of over 61 mph on the tallest Gyro Drop in the World!

Invertigo

Sit back and witness the terror flash in the eyes of your fellow riders as you experience the only face-to-face inverted roller coaster in the Midwest! Scream your face off as you are lifted up a 138 foot hill and then released to soar through a 72 foot tall loop and two inversions at speeds of over 55 mph!

Flight of Fear

The Flight of Fear takes riders on a heart-pounding adventure throughout a one-acre enclosed structure in total darkness. The Flight of Fear is the world’s first linear induction motor (LIM) launch system roller coaster that catapults riders from 0 to 54 miles per hour in just four seconds sending guests through four inversions and is considered one of the most innovative theme-based attractions ever constructed.

Delirium

Imagine being caught in the heart of a storm, hurtling through the air out of control. One moment you are suspended upside down, next you are rushing face-first toward the ground then nearly upside down again all in seconds. Experience the power of a storm...Delirium!

Racer

Take a thrilling ride on the original racing coaster at the park. With a top speed of 61 mph and 3,415 feet of track on each side, this legendary coaster provides great air and even greater thrills.

Vortex

Get ready for the twisted world view of The Vortex! Scream through terrifying inversions at speeds over 55 mph through 3,800 feet of the most twisted track ever built! The world’s first six-inversion coaster is still one of the most intense rides around.

Flight Deck

Take flight and soar over the tree tops. This seventh generation steel suspended coaster wings over 2,352 feet of track at speeds in excess of 51 mph!

Yes, you need to expect scares...anywhere.

Yes, it will be crazy busy, but Fridays are the least so...and earlier in the season is better than later in the season...on Friday or Saturday.

No unexpected scares during the day before HH begins or on Sundays.

And do bring your nickels. Mr. Kinzel likes it when people spend them in the park. So much so that there is no re-entry during HH. Leave the park gates to go to the parking lot and you can't get back in without paying again...season pass or not. Heaven help you if you forget and leave something in your car.

Only tickets, gold and Platinum passes will get you in the first time...regular non-gold Kings Island passes are not honored during HH.

Enjoy! Or, if it is not your cup of tea, go on Sunday or leave before HH starts...

Web site says HH is free for 2008 passholders...doesn`t say only gold and platinum...where are you getting regular non-gold passes not honored?

So are those the only rides open or are they just listing the popular ones that are open?

Based on my experience last year - they either don't know, or there is bad internal communication. I ended up talking to a customer service rep on the phone and she flat out told me she wasn't sure which rides would be open or closed, something about she had two ride lists and they conflicted with each other. However the big coasters were open and would appear to be open again this year, and that's my main concern :)

So are those the only rides open or are they just listing the popular ones that are open?

Based on my experience last year - they either don't know, or there is bad internal communication. I ended up talking to a customer service rep on the phone and she flat out told me she wasn't sure which rides would be open or closed, something about she had two ride lists and they conflicted with each other. However the big coasters were open and would appear to be open again this year, and that's my main concern :)

Yeah those seem to be the only things I ride anyway, but I was just curious.

That's last year's information. Notice how Urgent Scare and Ghouls Gone Wild aren't listed. Additionally it mentions that there are no Dead Awakening shows during Bare Bones Nights, which was accurate for last year.

Also don't forget that the park likes to under-promise and over-deliver. Kind of like how there were more rides open for Bare Bones Nights than advertised last year.

My advice if you are looking to make it through the haunts. I would line up for Urgent Scare first and would do so 15 to 30 minutes before it opens. So you are in as close to opening time as possible. I would also use your time before the haunts to plan your route, basically hit Urgent Scare and then as many of the other mazes before the FearZones open. Once the fog rolls in you must take in some rides because there is nothing like ridding BLSC, Vortex, Racer or Beast through some thick fog.

Web site says HH is free for 2008 passholders...doesn`t say only gold and platinum...where are you getting regular non-gold passes not honored?

As detailed in the press release issued today, HH is free to all 2008 season passholders.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

I regret any inconvenience the earlier information may have caused you. I hope it didn't.....wait for it.....scare you.

As detailed in the press release issued today, HH is free to all 2008 season passholders.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

I regret any inconvenience the earlier information may have caused you. I hope it didn't.....wait for it.....scare you.

I read that and thought you were wrong but didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure. HH was marketed at the beginning of the season as being "free to Gold Pass holders" but clearly the confusion that actually doing that would be terrible on both the guests and the park.

People often wonder why those who know often don't tell until something becomes official and public. One reason is that that which is right today, but not yet released, may change six dozen times before it does. And then when it comes out differently, people cluck that the original source didn't know what s/he was talking about, when, in fact, they were exactly right but things changed.

Thank heavens they wised up and decided to let all passholders attend the Haunt. Doing otherwise would have made some very good customers of the park very unhappy. Unhappy people don't renew their passes or don't spend as much money (or any) in the park as they otherwise would have. That would not have been a good thing.

A great decision now....Season passholders, get thee to the Haunt, if that's your bag. And enjoy!