Press Release: 2008 Halloween Haunt Info!

BoddaH1994

image001xt7.jpg

Halloween Haunt to set new standard for horror

Kings Island makes its largest Halloween new product investment for Haunt 2008

Kings Island, Ohio – The bloodcurdling horror, mind-bending terror and madness of Halloween Haunt at Kings Island had everyone dying to get in during its debut season last year.

This year Kings Island is making Halloween Haunt even bigger, better and more intense than before by making its largest Halloween new product investment including an all-new, 3,666 square-foot maze, Urgent Scare.

Themed as the kind of hospital you never want to visit, Urgent Scare will be the area’s most anticipated new haunted attraction and is twice the size of Club Blood, last year’s popular new maze. In Urgent Scare, “patients” will make their way through various rooms experiencing doctors and nurses, all who have been infected with a virus that has broken out in a small town causing a deadly plague.

Also new is Ghouls Gone Wild, a monster dinner party with you on the menu! Come into the Festhaus for a bite. The ghouls will let you stay for as long as you’d like. In fact, you can stay forever!

With now 13 bone-chilling haunted attractions, Halloween Haunt promises to break new ground by being the most immersive horror experience in the Midwest. No other Halloween event in the area can match the number of scares, the blood, the guts and the gore!

Halloween Haunt is not for the faint of heart and will ravage all of your senses. This in-your-face horror experience is filled with terrifying chain-link mazes, frightening wooded trails, disturbing clowns in 3D, outrageous “live” shows and more than 400 monsters lurking in the shadows, waiting to make you their next victim.

Parents, be advised: Halloween Haunt includes graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for children. No one and nothing is off limits!

Returning attractions include CarnEvil, Cemetery, Club Blood, Cornstalkers, Death Row, Massacre Manor, Red Beard’s Revenge, Trail of Terror, Tombstone Terror-Tory and Worksite. Beware of Roamers and Creepers…they’re everywhere!

Also back by popular demand is Dead Awakening, an adult-oriented, contemporary horror and music video-style show that includes graphic scenes and disturbing activity as guest’s witness a young lady’s gruesome nightmare unfold amid the walking dead everywhere!

Of course, in addition to the horrifying Halloween Haunt attractions, some of the most hair-raising rides on the planet – including the legendary Beast (longest wooded roller coaster in the world) and Son of Beast (tallest, fastest wooden roller coaster in the world) – will be open for guests to enjoy. The eight-time award-winning Nickelodeon Universe kids’ area will be closed during Halloween Haunt.

Gates to the underworld for Halloween Haunt will be open from 7:00pm to 1:00am every Friday and Saturday night September 26 through November 1.

Ticket prices are $19.99 on Friday nights (September 26, October 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31) and $25.99 on Saturday (valid all day September 27, October 4, 11, 18, 25 and November 1) when purchased in advance online at www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt <http://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt> or Taco Bell coupon.

Halloween Haunt is free to season passholders.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TombraiderTy

A new show and a new maze. They better announce more, because as of now, I'm disappointed. No new scare-zone? We've gotten at least one every year since 2005. Kings Island Theater not in use? What's the deal with that? I mean, last year we got The Cemetery, Dead Awakening, Torture Chamber (not complaining that that's not coming back), and Club Blood. We got half the additions this year. At the very least they could have renovated On Location or Attitudes into "Fear Gear".

They better announce more, because as of now, I'm disappointed. No new scare-zone?

Are you seriously complaining about these additions?? Man, you guys are spoiled. There were so many years of FearFest where they basically didn't add anything except a few new names....at least they are adding new stuff this year. Urgent Scare is huge...it's going to take up a good chunk of Action FX Theatre and is the largest addition to Haunt ever...that is awesome!!!

Have you every thought to stop and think that maybe adding a smaller number of attractions means that more attention will go into those attractions....it's not always the quanity, but the quality that is important.

Also, Cornstalker will basically be a "new" scarezone this year, seeing as it is going to be in a new location thanks to Diamondbacks construction.

I think Urgent Care and the new show in Festhaus sounds awesome. I am really glad they brought Dead Awakening back. That was an awesome show. It was a must see everytime I went to the park last year. I can't wait till Halloween Haunt starts. Thanks Kings Island for making a much anticipated event so much better this year. :D

Really complaining about this years HH is a bit insane. I dont think anyone realizes how big Urgent Scare is going to be. You will not be able to walk through this maze in just a few minutes and with the anticipation and sensory overload its going to seem like a very very very long attraction. Also something of this size takes a lot of time and resources to set up. So I for one am quite excited about the attractions for this year. Unlike Cedar Point KI will have more mazes than fear zones, CP is mainly Fear Zones this year and Club Blood, thats its. Its almost like complaining that we are just getting Diamondback and nothing elese for 2009...

On a side note has anyone ever been through the Darkness or any the Scarefest attractions in St.Louis?

Guest TombraiderTy

^^Have they actually announced a new area for CornSTALKERS? Cause for all we know, that pathway may be open by then with construction out in the woods.

Yes, I'm complaining. I want a new scare zone.

I'm also wondering about Ghouls Gone Wild, obviously a parody of Girls Gone Wild, and how it'll compare to Dead Awakening and it's level of adult content.

I also just got the text and immediatly came here to see whats up. All i can say is WOW! Urgent Scare sounds like it is going to be one of the premeire haunted attractions and from the pic Dane posted it looks just as if not more gruesome and gory than Club Blood. Cannot wait to see the park transform. Happy Haunting from Jasper!

kihalloweenhaunt-2.jpg

The above graph is how I have approached the Halloween Haunt/Fearfest press releases for the last 3 or so years. The “Park hype“…what the park claims it will be like, “Reality“…what it usually turns out to be (in my opinion) and “My Expectations“…I ALWAYS try and set them as low as I can so that I am not disappointed in the end.

I am sorry if this comes off as only negative, but since I do praise the park in the majority of my posts I feel I have the right to be honest even if it’s not favorable. (I am the first one that hopes that the park even comes close to the hype…and will admit it if they do…just like I did when Diamondback was finally revealed.)

Guest TombraiderTy

^I've only seen one and two :lol:

Need to see the others sometime soon...

But what if they had a room filled with needles? Like, poking out of all the walls? And hanging from threads on the ceiling? So you have to push your way past them? Of course they would be harmless, perhaps something like rubber points.

Almost all of the rides are open during the day. The only exception is that some water rides are closed for the season and the Scrambler is typically sent to rehab early.

What? Is it the Winehouse Scrambler? :)

That's one of the funniest things I've heard (or read) from you.

Almost all of the rides are open during the day. The only exception is that some water rides are closed for the season and the Scrambler is typically sent to rehab early.

What? Is it the Winehouse Scrambler? :)

That's one of the funniest things I've heard (or read) from you.

they have to take scrambler apart so they can make a qaue for the r l stien haunted house.