Press Release: 2008 Halloween Haunt Info!

BoddaH1994

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be yes, but we know that most likely wont happen. me for one, am excited about going this year, i have only been one other time when it was fear fest and liked some of the houses, i wanted to go on the trail but the line was way too long. plus not to mention we had my younger cousins with us when they were only like 4 or 5 years old.

"...Start your own park and try it!..."

I might just have to try it! ;)

Also, you'll note that the BEST years of the event is the first... when it was Fearfest... and when is was an upcharge! Maybe if there were to be an upcharge you'd might see some more, REALLY NEW attractions at KI instead of the normal "left overs". You also can't bring up the differences in location and parks... both events (HH and HHN) are seasonal events that, almost, have the same timeframe of operation. Now, weather may be more of a factor here than in Orlando... but if the shows at KI were like HHN's, weather wouldn't be a problem for the crowds. People know quality when they see it! -Hauntguy

Uhhh Yeah and if KI had the budget the Universal does. Hmmm pretty sure Universal's budges dwarfs KI's when it comes to the annual Haunt Attraction. Apples to Oragnes my friend, apples to oranges. Thats like saying why doesn't KI make Diamondback more like Everest? Uhhh cause they cant afford, makes no sense...

OK... look... if KI were to upcharge haunt for $5, which I think is very reasonable and most people won't mind paying it for haunt. This is what would happen:

Let's say on a haunt night KI brings in 30,000 people. So let's say only half pay for haunt... that's 15,000 people. At $5 a person:

$5 x 15,000 = $75,000

That's $75K in ONE night! That alone would pay for a BRAND NEW HAUNT!!! Ok, lets do more math.

Let's say of the 12 nights of HAUNT, only about 75% gets 30K people ore more.. So we'll take the estimate of $75,000 and 8 nights of haunt:

$75,000 x 8 = $600,000

That's $600,000 of EXTRA revenue the park could make on haunt on top of admissions. Now obviously the ENT. Dept. would keep ALL of the haunt revenue, this could be used to totally redo haunt into a much better, SCARIER event if they did the following:

-Build/detail attractions in house

-Contruct/Design costumes in house

-Buy needed products (erosion cloth, webbing, skeletons, etc. etc.) from actual suppliers and resellers; and buy in bulk!

Now granted there are variables not worked into the problem, but you have to see that all this is extra revenue on top of the money all ready made! Believe if the park did this, the next years haunt would be AMAZING!!!

Just my 66.6 cents worth! -Hauntguy

Yes lets upcharge everyone, because I for one want to pay admission to the park and then and extra amount to do the haunt. Hey why they are at it they can raise the food prices, merchandis prices and why not the price for parking. That way they can really increase revenue and build an awesome haunt. Because people wont mind paying extra for everything, they will still come because HH is such an awesome event. I think that attendance would go up because now people would have the privlage to pay extra for the Haunt which obviously means its better.

OK... look... if KI were to upcharge haunt for $5, which I think is very reasonable and most people won't mind paying it for haunt. This is what would happen:

Let's say on a haunt night KI brings in 30,000 people. So let's say only half pay for haunt... that's 15,000 people. At $5 a person:

$5 x 15,000 = $75,000

That's $75K in ONE night! That alone would pay for a BRAND NEW HAUNT!!! Ok, lets do more math.

Let's say of the 12 nights of HAUNT, only about 75% gets 30K people ore more.. So we'll take the estimate of $75,000 and 8 nights of haunt:

$75,000 x 8 = $600,000

That's $600,000 of EXTRA revenue the park could make on haunt on top of admissions. Now obviously the ENT. Dept. would keep ALL of the haunt revenue, this could be used to totally redo haunt into a much better, SCARIER event if they did the following:

-Build/detail attractions in house

-Contruct/Design costumes in house

-Buy needed products (erosion cloth, webbing, skeletons, etc. etc.) from actual suppliers and resellers; and buy in bulk!

Now granted there are variables not worked into the problem, but you have to see that all this is extra revenue on top of the money all ready made! Believe if the park did this, the next years haunt would be AMAZING!!!

Just my 66.6 cents worth! -Hauntguy

You may want to re-read post #97.

...and/or post 94.

I think someone here thinks exactly the same way Jeff Seibert did about Winterfest! Why, it will be a sellout every night...get your date specific tickets now!

And then, as one newspaper headline waggishly said about Winterfest at Carowinds:

"Walking In An Empty Wonderland..."

Please note that Scarowinds at Carowinds WAS an upcharge until this year, at about four times the price HauntGuy suggests...it was WILDLY popular, tremendously crowded...and yet, this year, Cedar Fair DROPPED the upcharge.

Food for thought.

There must be a reason.

Wait WinterFest wasn't wildly popular???

It was right up and until the year that Paramount discontinued it.

Winterfest basically ran itself. Anyone that had worked at Winterfest can tell you what a laid back and enjoyable time it was working. No One Ever Complained about working.

Everywhere could be staffed beyond your wildest dreams because even on slow days (and there were not a lot of slow days - in fact, gates had to be closed a few times) the revenue generated was fantastic.

As I've said before, I don't know why Paramount had such an aversion for Winterfest. I'm thinking a key must have been that they wanted to put their stamp on the park, were not the biggest supporters of individual themed areas and wanted to concentrate on keeping the park open longer in the fall.

Employees and friends got a preview of The Asylum at an annual HHaunt kickoff party....

I've got to say it was very, very good. It wasn't so great last year, but this year I REALLY, REALLY thought I was lost a good 2-3 minutes. You're going all over the place and I think most of the maze is new as far as where you go inside of it. The scareactors were very good getting in your face and really challenging you to make them step back. I loved every minute of it!

I've been trying to take notes to utilize them later!

And after looking at the Urgent Scare pictures from the set up, I've got to say I'm hoping this is going to be as good as the hype. When thinking of the FX theater, I thought they would have it set up like this:

-They would use the rows of seats (taken out for the attaction) to make different "Floors" in the hospital. Like going up the stairs into like, ER, then ICU, then different sections of things like that.

I'm really really reallllyyyyyyy looking forward to this and hope it lives up to the hype. Also can't wait for Cornstalkers....been a big fan for a long time.

The only way I can see them doing the whole "close then reopen the park" bit is if they only have a certain chunk of the park open during the daytime - namely Nick Universe and International Street.

From 11am to 5pm is Nick or Treat (or whatever they plan on calling it this year ;)) that would encompass International Street, Nickelodeon Universe (and possibly the Picnic Grove ;)), and Rivertown up to the train station for the Pumpkin Patch Express.

Then, from 5 to 6 is when the kids' attractions start closing down, they herd everyone out of the park, and begin the preparations for the....nightly...portion of the event. 7pm is where the other areas of the park (Action Zone, Coney Mall, the other half of Rivertown) open up and the monsters begin to pour out. And thus, the Haunt begins.

And after looking at the Urgent Scare pictures from the set up, I've got to say I'm hoping this is going to be as good as the hype. When thinking of the FX theater, I thought they would have it set up like this:

-They would use the rows of seats (taken out for the attaction) to make different "Floors" in the hospital. Like going up the stairs into like, ER, then ICU, then different sections of things like that.

I'm really really reallllyyyyyyy looking forward to this and hope it lives up to the hype. Also can't wait for Cornstalkers....been a big fan for a long time.

When I first heard the rumors about Urgent Scare in the FX Theatre, I kind of thought the same thing. I was a bit disappointed that it only covered the floors and the exit... then I went in there for myself. Without any props, it takes about two minutes to traverse through the rooms. With the show going on, I've heard estimates of 20 minutes... plus your experience will begin long before you enter the hospital...