Diamondback Construction Blog Updates?

fcbaseball

Anyone else wondering when the first update is going to come from Helbig and his crew? I would really like to hear some information relating to the progression of the ride. I don't remember exactly how often the blog was updated for Maverick so I don't really know what kind of time period we can expect between posts. With all the progress made recently on the supports, I would hope to see a new update soon.

People were speculating earlier that the blog updates might be happening about once a month...so maybe in the next couple of weeks once some more significant track goes up (like the lift hill), then maybe we'll finally hear something!!

But this definitely won't be like the Holiblog or anything like that!

The whole team up there is working very hard to bring you the best Halloween Haunt to date. Of course, once the dark forces have been enchanted back into the pits of hell (which by my estimation will be sometime around November 2nd) you'll see a shift back to preparation and anticipation for the 2009 season.

I would assume that once Diamondback gets closer to opening, we'll see more. I mean what can he say really that we don't know already. "We've started assembling the coaster with some track pieces and supports being placed." Didn't Maverick's blog have testing updates, and behind the scenes stuff like that? That's what I'm waiting for.

Yeah, Maverick's blog had photo updates every now and then. Towards the beginning it was when the big stuff happened, like the topping off of the lift, the tunnel launch, etc. But as it got closer to opening, more updates started coming about testing, opening day, progress on theming, and the like. There were, however, fairly regular photo updates from the construction zone, which would be nice to see since Diamondback's website has a construction photo page.

Hey, the park could always hire me to put in blog entries. :lol:

What is there to update? The blog is for important updates to keep you informed, and granted a bit has happened since the announcement, but I really don't see anything blog worthy untill they start on lift track, which may be pretty soon, but I don't see Lift track being assembled untill all lift supports are done, and I don't see that happening untill they top off the last Bunny hill into the brakes (Which could happen today).

So in my perfect world it's a big chain.

Well I was wrong. The Blog Has been updated today:

Diamondback Rising From Its Den

September 11, 2008

The new Diamondback roller coaster at Kings Island is rising from its den. Every day there is something new to see and get excited about.

Track from the break run around into the station to the start of the lift hill is in place, as is the track through the splashdown section of the ride. In a matter of days construction will begin on the 230-foot lift hill.

Diamondback will be Kings Island’s first B&M roller coaster. B&M is a roller coaster design consultancy based in Monthey, Switzerland. The company was founded by Walter Bolliger and Claude Mabillard in 1988, with Bolliger acting as president and Mabillard serving as vice president.

Since 1990, B&M have designed a number of ground-breaking and critically acclaimed roller coasters. In fact, B&M features seven of the top 15 roller coasters on the Amusement Today Golden Ticket Awards Top 50 Steel Coasters List for 2008 – four of which are listed in the top 10. They have more coasters listed on the top 50 list than any other ride manufacturer.

We hope you are as excited as we are to have a B&M roller coaster in the park.

- Don Helbig

I just want to repost my favorite part:

In a matter of days construction will begin on the 230-foot lift hill.

Lift Hill......Yummy. B)