Kings Island helps Cedar Fair

MarketingExpress

Since it does not make the usual claim of being the second largest "seasonal" US operator, I'd assume they are basing this on number of North American parks...at which point Disney becomes the second largest operator....if it's revenue, Disney is the largest, Cedar Fair may still be third...but I really wouldn't know for sure, with the sales of parks, I am not at all certain about revenue lately....

It's interesting that Canada's Wonderland is continuing to perform so well. I wonder why it has suddenly become a major player in the last few years.

Wonderland has been doing well for close to a decade now. KI has always been the leader in revenue, but Wonderland was always a close second, and in some instances surpased the Resale division revenue at KI. Kings Dominion always liked to think of themselves as second to KI, but it was really Wonderland that was in that second spot. KD was third, with Carowinds and PGA rounding out the bottom. The company I work for now has retail in both the US and Canada, and our Canadian business is on fire. The economy issues of the US do not appear to be impacting Canada as heavily at this point. Good job to the folks at Wonderland. It is a beautiful park, and I am glad to hear they are doing well.

It probably doesn't hurt that the Canadian dollar is worth a little more than the US dollar now as well.

The US dollar is once again worth a little more than the Canadian dollar, but not nearly like it was even a couple years ago. $1 US now equals $1.07 Canadian. I remember when $1US=$1.40 Canadian. That was sweet when I went to Toronto back then.