CAROLINA COBRA TO STRIKE AT CAROWINDS IN 2009

. How many of you were victimized by Headspin at Geauga?

I still can't sleep well at night. . .ever since tat trip in 2005.

I gotta admit though I do like the name and like how they tied it in with being in Carolina, yeah it may be a lot of hype for a lackluster ride, but I bet Carowinds will get bigger and better things as time comes!

Anyone else notice that Carolina Cobra, Diamondback, and Prowler all have somewhat of a same website format?

I, thank god, passed up Head Spin while I was at GL for a ride on Big Dipper and my 6th ride on Dominator.

Now that it's gone forever I am very glad I decided to do what I did.

Who hasn't been victimized by a Vekoma Boomer??? I think that is the better question.

I haven't well unless you count Deja' Vu or Invertigo...

Invertigo is actually shockingly smooth, and I think it's a blast!

So no, the Boomerang plauge has not hit me.

Guest rcfreak339

I also noticed on the sites that the coaster has a facebook and myspace pages...The Prowler even has myspace layouts you can use. I really think Diamondback should get one.

I'm not excited either to see a ride that is recycled yet presented as new-guess they figure them dumb southern's won't know the difference

A lot of people said the same thing about us dumb Ohioans and Firehawk, which turned out to be a pretty popular ride. This may be a recycled ride, but Carowinds and Cedar Fair have proven that they're committed to it being a success, the new trains seem like a great move and I'm interested to see if they improve a typically lackluster ride. I think with the current addition being built at Kings Island for 2009, the announcement of the GCI coaster at Great America, the move of Dominator to Kings Dominion, the relocation of Firehawk, and so forth, Cedar Fair has shown that even if a ride is recycled they're definitely going to take care of their new parks.

Im not a fan of boomers but I think the fill a void for parks. Small footprint, inversions, and a uniques experience. There are a lot of younger guests that wont ride something like Vortex but are more apt to ride a boomer. Plus I dont think anyone should ever complain when a park gets a coaster, even a lack luster used ride. After all CF could have sold the ride as is and it would have cost them less money. Instead they moved it and bought new trains for it. It is an improvement no matter how you look at it.