SFNE: Superman: Ride of Steel to be transformed

• 2 weeks later...

^^Yes and yes!!

Not only is the ride a lot smoother, but the dispatch times have improved as well. AND the re-marketing helped improve public perception of X has a dreadfully rough ride with putrid wait times.

Granted I thought X was running fairly well last October, but by all accounts that was an aberration.

Either way, I think SF missed the mark on S:ROS redux as other than shabby restraints, it wasn't rough and different suffer from X's other malities. In addition, the new El Toro U-bars will sky-rocket the 'walk of shame's' as those (with their sensitive computer sensors) are far less forgiving than the old ones IMO.

I'm just praying for no stapling!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like S:RoS is being taken over by Lex Luthor. The track is now purple and if you check out the website as Screamscape reported there are mentions to Lexcorp now. I played around some more and on the message from the pressident there are some very interesting things. Move you mouse around the picture of the president as see what happens. Clawshun Industries

Definately a cool way to hype an existing attraction.

Edit*

Just found this on the Metropolis Stock Exchange

Thank you all sincerely for inflating the price of Clawshun Industries' stock portfolio. Unbeknownst to you, CI is a shadow corporation for my baby, LexCorps, and we have some very ambitious plans in store for the Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England. So, in order to move forward on our construction initiatives, I've cashed out your quarterly returns and pocketed the revenue (I can do that - after all, I own the company).

But, don't let that stop you from collecting your free share of stock below - it's the best way to stay informed of my exceedingly clever plans as they unfurl.

Ta-ta and be sure to visit us at ClawshunIndustries.com

Warmest Regards,

Lex Luthor

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I agree that the modified ride looks pretty cool, I have to ask. What happened to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? I just can't understand how making changes to the Number One rated steel coaster in the world will have any benefit. I suppose it lets them market it as a new ride again, but just having the #1 steel coaster will draw a crowd.

And on top of that, it seems to me that all the pyro, fog, and audio stuff will be distracting. I'd be more focused on that stuff than the actual ride itself. Whereas on something like BLSC, the theming makes the ride IMO. But on SROS you don't need that crap...

Seems like another stupid investment to me.

In another part of my life, there is a slogan: "you are not the target market." Yes, you would be drawn to what is to many enthusiasts, "the number 1 steel coaster in the world." You do not live near by the park, I believe, or even within three hours of it. You are someone who is "superserved" by thrill coasters. The average coaster riding park goer at Six Flags New England has ridden Superman: Ride of Steel. They know what to expect. They may even be bored with it. The old saying is Familiarity Breeds Contempt.

Money is short at Flags right now. Really short. Redos of rides like X, Medusa East and Superman: Ride of Steel at New England cost much, much less than building a new coaster (both coasters needed painting anyway!), and Messrs. Shapiro and Snyder are banking that the return on their limited moneys will be much higher than it would be on building a new coaster. Perhaps they learned something from those two Dark Knight coasters they built. Or not.

As for the fog being distracting, at first there were large clouds of mists in the tunnels on Superman up in Massachusetts. They soon went away, supposedly for maintenance reasons. And now the fog is coming back? My head hurts.

It may be that like Gary Story with El Toro, Messrs. Snyder and Shapiro won't be around to reap the results of this year's two major coaster re-dos....time will tell, perhaps shortly.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if its really going to turn into a great thing. the idea of having music and sound effects blaring in my ears during a ride just doesn't sound that enjoyable. But I'm sure it will be a good thing in the end even though i have never ridden it and am not planning to in the near future. But I definitely WANT to ride it.