Fall-O-Ween Festival

Beast1979

Remember, the Fall-O-Ween Festival will be taking place at Coney Island this weekend and next. Hours are 12-6 pm all days of the event. Admission is $9 for adults, and $6 for kids 12 and under. Discounted adult tickets can be purchased at area Kroger stores with a Kroger Plus Card for $6. Parking for the event is $5 per car. Remember, that all of Coney`s classic rides will be open for the event and are included with Festival admission! And, just remember that Kings Island is closed to the general public and pass holders this Sunday, so what better way to spend the day then enjoying this festival and Coney`s classic rides?

If you go, say hi to me, as I will be working at one of the rides!

This coming weekend is the final weekend for the Fall-o-Ween Festival at Coney Island. It is also the final weekend that Coney`s classic rides will be open in the 2008 season.

After this weekend, Coney will be silent until the return of the Cincinnati Flower Show, which will be celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2009. The Flower show will be held April 18-26, 2009. The rides will reopen for the 40th annual Appalachian Festival the weekend of May 9-10, 2009. The official reopening of Coney Island and Sunlite Pool will be Memorial Day weekend, 2009. Stay tuned to Coney Island Central for all the latest news and information on Coney Island!

Edit: Fixed my error which Avatar so kindly pointed out!

I can`t believe I put Kings Island instead of Coney. Don`t forget, if you haven`t had a chance to visit Coney`s rides, you still have two more days.

Yep, it has been a great year at Coney. I am wrapping up my seventh year in the rides department there! Hard to believe my first year working at Coney was in 2002! The place has really changed since my first year there. At this point in time, I don`t know if I`ll be back for an eighth year or not, but I`d have to say the odds are strong that I`ll be back.

Keep checking out Coney Island Central in the offseason. I`ve been working on some things on and off the last couple of months that I hope to be able to get online at some point in the next six months. If any one has any historical pictures they are willing to donate to Coney Island Central, please drop me a PM. It will help me make improvements to the history section of Coney Island Central.

Today is the last day for the Fall-O-Ween Festival at Coney Island. Today also marks the last day that Coney`s classic rides will be operating in 2008. (Which also means that it is my final day of work at Coney Island in my seventh season there!) If you haven`t had a chance to visit Coney yet this year, there are plenty of special entertainment events at the festival, and admission is reasonably priced at the gate with $9 for adults and $6 for kids 12 and under.

(I may or may not be back in the rides department at Coney next year. I will be graduating in June with my Masters of Architecture and will be looking for a full time job. But, the last two summers I`ve worked at Coney on the weekends, while I had a 40 hour a week co-op job, so I could always wind up back at Coney for an eighth year! After all, 'Coney Has It!')

The last items on this page:

http://www.coneyislandpark.com/hb_SpecialEvents.php

Falloween Fest 2006

September 20,21 & 27,28

Sorry...Coney Island's Season Pass does not include admission to special events.

And yes, it says 2006....but Coney's Season Passes still are not valid for special events....only the regular season. The correct dates do appear at the top left of the page: September 27 & 28

Noon – 6:00pm.

Yes, passes are not valid. Everyone must pay the admission fees to enter the Fall O Ween Festival. Additionally, unlike during the regular season when people can just walk the grounds at Coney for free (minus paying for parking), everyone who attends the special events must pay. You cannot just walk the grounds of Coney for "free" during special events such as the Fall-O-Ween Festival or Appalachian Festival in the spring.

Season passes at Coney are only typically valid from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.

Well, Coney Island is now officially closed for the season. Today was the last official day that Coney`s classic rides were in operation for the 2008 season. The rides will reopen in the spring of 2009.

There is, however, one more event being held at Coney Island this year. Cincinnati Children`s Hospital Medical Center is holding the Cincinnati Walks for Kids event. This event will raise money for the not-for-profit Children`s Hospital. There will be a 3 mile and 1 mile non-competitive walk. Additionally, there will be other festivities at the event, including four of Coney`s classic rides which will be operating for this event. The event takes place 8am-2pm on October 11th. For more information, visit the Cincinnati Walks for Kids website here.