Kings Island Brews Up All-New Kids’ Halloween Event

Dane

(Chef's back! :))

Nick will no doubt be back next year....and they always say it that way. The better question is this....the license had four years left to run when Cedar Fair acquired the parks effective June 30, 2006. That being the case, 2009 would appear to be the last full season for the license....depending on what "four years" meant exactly at that time. So, will it be back in 2010? You will note that Cedar Fair has not made any effort to extend the franchise to Kings Dominion or to any of its legacy parks. That alone should tell us something.

where have you been italianchef?

BUSY! I have been doing temp jobs, freelancing, and I am STILL searching for an appropriate full-time job. To give you an idea of how busy, I began the year with 88 articles under my belt and now have 149. However, about 55 of them were for private clients and don't bear my name. :( And my temp jobs have varied from office work to booth sales at conventions to factory communications.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

We enjoyed the new area being used; but were not as happy with the pumpkin patch; We enjoyed last years ride to the patch on the train.

The free drinks and snacks were a very nice touch, but on Sunday; the hot chocolate and the punch was diluted by 3pm, prior to that they were normal.

We wish KI would consider a kids price for the Fright Feast meal (under 48"). 13.99 seems just a bit much for little bodies. Seems more than fair for bigger bodies; even the Backyard Boo BQ has a cheaper price for the tiny ones.

We enjoyed the new area being used; but were not as happy with the pumpkin patch; We enjoyed last years ride to the patch on the train.

The free drinks and snacks were a very nice touch, but on Sunday; the hot chocolate and the punch was diluted by 3pm, prior to that they were normal.

We wish KI would consider a kids price for the Fright Feast meal (under 48"). 13.99 seems just a bit much for little bodies. Seems more than fair for bigger bodies; even the Backyard Boo BQ has a cheaper price for the tiny ones.

They almost certainly would, except that they don't recommend the night portion of Halloween Haunt for kids. Having a kid's pricing point for the Fright Feast meal would probably encourage families to come.

They almost certainly would, except that they don't recommend the night portion of Halloween Haunt for kids. Having a kid's pricing point for the Fright Feast meal would probably encourage families to come.

This is the second year my wife and I have taken our kids to HH, they love it, and we as a family look forward to it. My kids know it's not real and HH is just for fun. Has KI looked around after 7pm and taken count of the number of kids under 12 that goto HH? We have only had one problem with HH this year; A male character in the new hospital yelled at us "why did we bring our kids and to leave the attraction!"

Bodda; Please don't take this wrong; but what's wrong with encouraging families to come and do something together? I see that as one big problem in our society; families have lost the time to be together; For my family, HH is quality time having some fun...

This is the second year my wife and I have taken our kids to HH, they love it, and we as a family look forward to it. My kids know it's not real and HH is just for fun. Has KI looked around after 7pm and taken count of the number of kids under 12 that goto HH? We have only had one problem with HH this year; A male character in the new hospital yelled at us "why did we bring our kids and to leave the attraction!"

Bodda; Please don't take this wrong; but what's wrong with encouraging families to come and do something together? I see that as one big problem in our society; families have lost the time to be together; For my family, HH is quality time having some fun...

Nah, you're absolutely right. It would just be a contradiction to say that Haunt isn't recommended for children under 13 (which is the park's words, not KIC's) and then offer a discount for young children. The fact that you're kids are mature enough to be able to tell that Haunt is just for fun is great, but that's something we can't say about a lot of small kids. I was behind a family who took their 9 year old through a maze on Friday and the kid was in tears by the end. I think it's really cool that your kids enjoy it, and it's really cool that your kids like the shows. I see the little one at 80s.... every time. :rolleyes: