Halloween Haunt Starts This Weekend, Diamondback Construction, 2009 Season Passes & More!

BoddaH1994

Time is ticking away until Kings Island, everyone's summer fun destination is taken over by The Beasts of the underworld as Kings Island is set to debut Halloween Haunt on Friday, September 26th!

Billed as being the biggest and baddest Halloween attraction in the Midwest, Halloween Haunt will feature 13 incredible haunted attractions including the most anticipated new maze of the year Urgent Scare which is themed to a hospital that no one would ever want to visit!

In addition to the many haunted mazes, Kings Island will also debut an all new show in the Festhaus called Ghouls Gone Wild which is a monster dinner party... and you're on the menu! Speaking of live shows, Dead Awakening, one of the most talked about, popular and controversial shows in the history of Kings Island will make its amazing return in the International Showplace Theater!

Halloween Haunt is FREE with a 2008 season pass. Special discounts are available on VisitKingsIsland.com.

Looking for a place to have some family-friendly spooky fun? Kings Island features the best kids' area in the world according to Amusement Today magazine and before the darkness settles on the park, kids can have a Halloween party all to themselves! Click here to see more information on Kings Island's all new Howl-O-Fest!

Vertical steel is everywhere as Kings Island continues to build its incredible new scream machine for 2009! Diamondback will be the tallest and fastest coaster at Kings Island and will open in April of 2009. This new scream machine will stand an amazing 230' tall with ten vertical drops! Such a massive project takes time and construction crews are already erecting some of the massive support beams and track. Click here to see the latest Diamondback construction photos!

To many of us 2009 couldn't come sooner but you can get a head start on the 09 season by purchasing a 2009 season pass. By purchasing a 2009 season pass you get admission to Kings Island on every operating day that the park is open to the public in 2009, FREE parking, VIP benefits and most importantly one FREE ticket to visit Kings Island in 2008 and experience Halloween Haunt for yourself! Click here for more information on Kings Island's 2009 season passes!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

I’m afraid I will be at the Opening Night for Kings Islands Halloween Haunt!

I have always wanted to go for years but with my daughter’s age and our yearly family vacation, it has only given us the opportunity to go to past years Nick-o-Treat days. Every year it seems Kings Island adds to their Halloween event and the reviews are spookily awesome and KICentral members talk about it all year long. I always feel left out of those conversations and at times wished I had made the time to make it over for a hauntingly good time. A friend suggested a couple weeks back that this Friday September 26 would be a good time for me to come and followed it with a phone call on Friday to entice me to submit and to get that monster off my back, that’s been holding me back. So I’m calling on all spokes and haunts to take it easy on this first timer haunt adventurer, I’ll be the one with his eyes wide open.

I am so excited and looking forward to another great event at Kings Island, I think after all the great events at the park this year this will be the head topper, to make this year the best year at Kings Island ever!
I hope I see you all walking upright there too!

yes for urgent scare they are using the right side that is never used. i was on The Racer saturday and saw a ambulance parked in the middle of the two side of the theater with props and stuff outside of the exit of the theater. what i saw of urgent scare it looks like a pretty good haunt.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but "Haunt World" rated Halloween Haunt as the Number 7 Haunt in the country.

Thats out of the 10 best amusement park haunts, not out of every single haunted attraction, but i do believe uss nightmare made it in the top 10 of the other list..

I don't know if this has been mentioned but "Haunt World" rated Halloween Haunt as the Number 7 Haunt in the country.

Thats out of the 10 best amusement park haunts, not out of every single haunted attraction, but i do believe uss nightmare made it in the top 10 of the other list..

O snap! lol kidding.

And definately do haunt rather than closing day. It's gonna be a blast!

And Urgent Scare is going to be absolutely intense! And if you were excited to just see some of the props, just you wait. I think it's going to be amazing ;) ;)

If you guys thought last year was the best or was the most intense, think AGAIN! After two days of dress rehearsals, I think it's fair (and fine) to say this year is going to be the most intense. Places have changed, big time. If you have the mindset of "Oh, that sucked last year....I'm not going through that if it's a 20 minute wait..." No, the mazes are *all* completely worth it with memorable parts in each. I can not wait for Friday, once in costume...I'm a whole different person =)

For those going through the Cemetery....look for the dead guy in the suit with the 2x4 haha.

You can run, you can hide...but when the Cemetery comes through....you're going to DIE!!!!!!

Muahhahahahahhaha!

-Zach

If you guys thought last year was the best or was the most intense, think AGAIN! After two days of dress rehearsals, I think it's fair (and fine) to say this year is going to be the most intense. Places have changed, big time. If you have the mindset of "Oh, that sucked last year....I'm not going through that if it's a 20 minute wait..." No, the mazes are *all* completely worth it with memorable parts in each. I can not wait for Friday, once in costume...I'm a whole different person =)

For those going through the Cemetery....look for the dead guy in the suit with the 2x4 haha.

You can run, you can hide...but when the Cemetery comes through....you're going to DIE!!!!!!

Muahhahahahahhaha!

-Zach

Wow looking forward to seeing you there!!! Just look for the woman in a wheelchair. They are calling me "Meal on Wheels" this year lol.

Kaaarrreeennnn

To so very many that keep asking me "Are you going to Haunt this year???" All I can say is "welllll duhhhh!!! Where else would I be???" Yes I will be there both days this weekend.

As stated above my new name for this year is MEAL ON WHEELS....I think it is fitting considering I am in a wheelchair and heard that several tried to have me as a meal last year......

I have been hearing a lot about this year so far and everything is that...YES it will be a lot more intense than last year and those asking me to visit their haunts - well if I don't get to you Friday - I will be there Saturday. Only one I will not do and that is CLUB BLOOD. That one is just TOO INTENSE for me lol.

I will likely go to all nights of haunt. I certainly hope that if you see me in your haunt you make sure to shout out to me or make yourself known in that way that you do so well!!! Scaring the crap out of me!!!

Certainly looking forward to the shows!!! I hope they are as good as they were last year. It will be interesting to see them with new and different singers.

I just basically wanted to tell all of my wonderful friends out there that I am sooooo looking forward to seeing you all again!!!

One final comment......YES I still have the autographed head!!!! It is still sitting in my office along with the many "gifts" given to me through out haunt!! If you have not signed it let me know and I will try to bring it one night, leaving it in my car and meeting up with you after haunt to sign it!!

I saw you Karen! I recognized you from last year's HH party...I'm pretty sure you got me on camera. I was the one in the black suit and tie.

I remember you!!!! I have not reviewed my video YET but will look for you in there. You are in Massacre manner right? I saw you Saturday night walking out to your haunts and got you on tape then too. I wanted so bad to go to that one this weekend but could not. Next weekend is a GO for sure!!!

If the video is clear and good enough I will post on YOUTUBE for you all to see!! Those I know I can post. The shows not sure and have not gotten permission so I am keeping them off for now. I did tape some of them Saturday. I am not doing anything without park permission as I really love the place!!!

I've heard many wheelchairs referred to as "meals on wheels".....nothing new.

Oh hun I never referrred to it as anything new just what some of the haunt people are calling me. I thought it was cute and went along with it. If you want to come up with something new or fun just let me know!! I am open to all suggestions lol.

As for Club Blood. Well understandably I am a little gun shy about that one. I have been told it is awesome and more intense than last year. My husband and brother went through it Friday and LOVED IT. Maybe toward the end of haunt I will do it again.

Yes UncleHenry you got me GOOD many times!!! I love your haunt attire!!! You do great as a roamer! I sat up front for a while watching you and got the biggest kick out of some of your scares!!

To so very many that keep asking me "Are you going to Haunt this year???" All I can say is "welllll duhhhh!!! Where else would I be???" Yes I will be there both days this weekend.

As stated above my new name for this year is MEAL ON WHEELS....I think it is fitting considering I am in a wheelchair and heard that several tried to have me as a meal last year......

I have been hearing a lot about this year so far and everything is that...YES it will be a lot more intense than last year and those asking me to visit their haunts - well if I don't get to you Friday - I will be there Saturday. Only one I will not do and that is CLUB BLOOD. That one is just TOO INTENSE for me lol.

I will likely go to all nights of haunt. I certainly hope that if you see me in your haunt you make sure to shout out to me or make yourself known in that way that you do so well!!! Scaring the crap out of me!!!

Certainly looking forward to the shows!!! I hope they are as good as they were last year. It will be interesting to see them with new and different singers.

I just basically wanted to tell all of my wonderful friends out there that I am sooooo looking forward to seeing you all again!!!

One final comment......YES I still have the autographed head!!!! It is still sitting in my office along with the many "gifts" given to me through out haunt!! If you have not signed it let me know and I will try to bring it one night, leaving it in my car and meeting up with you after haunt to sign it!!

I haven't signed it yet! =-O lol how dare you. And so how much did you love Urgent Scare ;)