Correct Spelling? What!

FOFreak

There is a rule in the forums rules that says that we must check our spelling before posting. It also says that we must be sure to use correct grammar, spelling, and puntuation.

I for one think that this is a stupid rule and has no usefulness at all to KICentral.

You know what?

This isn't AIM. Come on. You know how to use proper spelling and grammar, and you might as well show you have been through 3 years of English.

Not only does it make you seem more smart, but it makes it SO much easier for people who are not AIM savy to understand what you are trying to say.

This is a very, very smart and usefull rule.

Period.

Guest rcfreak339

Ok! This is such a a stupid topic! We are not on AIM, we are not on Myspace or facebook, and we are not texting! So if you don't want to follow the forum rules then just get off! The staff of KIC want the forum to look good and not like a cell phone inbox! So please just spell right...It makes you look really lazy.

Good spelling and grammar never go out of style.

I despise the posts with poor spelling. It takes less then three seconds to make sure you have spelled everything correctly and that it makes sense. Granted, I am NOT talking about the occasional spelling error. Those happen. I don't think I really need to elaborate on the difference here.

Granted, I am an English teacher's daughter, but this trend of not correcting spelling and phasing out how to write in cursive is ridiculous. Who would take writing like that seriously? Bodes badly for our futire.

Somewhere, I know my mom is smiling! :lol:

No, but it's really fun to spell like a 5 year old, seriously try it! One of them even landed on someones signature.

Are you reffering to BEAST1979's former signature of zl42's post about Diamondback opening in August and filling them in on 'anymor infurmation'.

If so, do you realize that was to mock them?

No, but it's really fun to spell like a 5 year old, seriously try it! One of them even landed on someones signature.

You Just don't get it! There are a lot of fun things in this world that are not allowed for a reason, ie Joyriding, Streaking, ect....

There is a reason people spell normally.

And by the way, the quote that was in someone signature was not good in your perspective. When quotes are in Signatures it's usually insultive.

Not only does it make you seem more smart, but it makes it SO much easier for people who are not AIM savy to understand what you are trying to say.

This is a very, very smart and usefull rule.

Period.

If your going to be the advocate of proper grammer you may want to check yours. It might make you sound smarter. :D But seriously, as long as we get the point who really cares.

Does anybody know how to erase a topic? -_-

Just ask Dane or Boddah, I'm sure both of them would be glad to erase this topic. (Holding back rude insult as hard as I can!)

Hope they don't get mad at me or somethin.

I know from experience that the mods on this site are very nice people, but they will provide any punishment neccesary to have you learn your lesson.

Mods, take him from here.