Kings Island TR, 9-19-08

chaogirl649

Alright guys, I usually never post, because I have a bad habit of lurking, but I felt the need to share the awesome time I had at the park on Friday. :)

So, my mom, dad, and I left our house at around 3 PM. We stopped to have lunch/dinner at McDonald's before heading over to the park. We got to the park around 4:40, just before the parking toll opened. We parked the car in the Invertigo section, and we were off.

The metal detectors and turnstiles opened a little bit late, but I didn't really mind. As soon as we were in the park, we stopped to take some pictures of the Halloween Haunt theming. Then, we were off to the Action Zone, to ride our first rides of the evening.

Invertigo : Walk-on. Good ride like always. For some reason, I just never get tired of this ride.

Drop Tower : Walk-on. This is one of the few rides that makes me scared every time I ride it. I love the view from the top, though.

After that, I went to ride Delirium alone, since Delirium makes my dad sick.

Delirium : 1 cycle wait. I got really dizzy from this ride, which usually never happens to me. I loved it.

Then, I met up with my dad to ride Son of Beast.

Son of Beast : 1 train wait. I rode in the front seat, which in my personal opinion, is the only good seat on that ride. It was a pretty good ride. The second helix was somewhat painful, but it wasn't too bad.

Adventure Express : Walk-on. I rode this ride alone, because my dad claims that it's too rough. :P Great ride like always. Adventure Express is just one of those rides I have to ride at least once every time I visit.

The Racer (Red Side) : Walk-on. The blue side was closed, which was fine by me because I like the red side better. I rode in seat 1-2, which is my favorite seat on both The Racer and The Beast. It was a great ride.

Then I headed over to X-Base, to ride two of my favorites at the park : Firehawk and Flight of Fear.

Firehawk : 4 train wait. Only one train was running, and there was a really long delay, so it took a while. It was worth the wait, though. The vertical loop is my favorite part.

Flight of Fear : Walk-on. This is probably my favorite ride in the park other than The Beast at night. It was pitch black in the whole building. They didn't even have very many lights on in the queue. I had a great time. I always love people's reactions on the mid-course break.

After this, we headed over to Rivertown. I decided to skip The Vortex, and Backlot Stunt Coaster was closed, so we headed over to look at the construction site. It was nice to be able to see the supports and track in person. :D Then my mom said she was hungry, so we ate at LaRosa's. I don't really love their pizza, so I just had some breadsticks and a bottled water. The breadsticks weren't too bad, but they weren't great either. We sat by The Vortex to eat, which is always good fun. Then, it was off to The Beast.

The Beast : One train wait. Rode in seat 1-2. This was quite possibly the best daytime (well, not exactly daytime, but almost) Beast ride I've had so far this year.

The Crypt was closed, as it usually is when I go. I've only gotten one ride on it this season. Granted, I've only been to KI 5 times so far this year. So, I decided to head over to ride a few rides in NickU, just because that's something I don't usually do. Plus, I honestly think the kiddie rides are really fun. :lol:

Danny Phantom's Phantom Flyers : 1 cycle wait. I like to ride this ride because I find it very relaxing.

Rugrats Runaway Reptar : 1 train wait. I rode in the front seat. This ride has gotten really rough since the last time I rode it. A lot of the kids on the train were complaining of headaches from the ride.

Plankton's Plunge : 1 cycle wait. I find this ride to be great fun, although I'm still not exactly sure why.

After this, I headed back over to The Beast to get some night rides in.

The Beast : I rode it 3 times, all in seat 1-2. Each wait was only a one or two train wait. The Beast is an AMAZING ride at night. The second drop surprised me each time, because somehow I kept forgetting it was there. The ride ops here did an especially outstanding job. They got the riders pumped up to ride, and they made all of the people waiting in the station laugh a few times.

By the time I was done with my Beast night rides, it was around 9:30. I challenged my dad to a game of SDATHC, so we headed there next.

SDATHC : Walk-on. I lost. By a lot. I scored 300 something, and my dad scored over 1,200. :lol: It was kind of embarrassing, but it was a great time.

After that we went ahead and left the park to make the trek home. We stopped at McDonald's to get a drink, and then we took off. We got back to the house just a little bit before midnight, ending our fabulous trip.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT : Just fixed a couple of spelling mistakes I didn't catch the first time.

chaogirl649 – it must have been a very special time for you to stop lurking to share your trip with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your awesome Friday night with us. The thing is sometime in the future you will look back at your Kings Island trips with your parents and have an even fonder memory of them than you do now.

Look forward to more well thought out post from you.

Invertigo : Walk-on. Good ride like always. For some reason, I just never get tired of this ride.

Drop Tower : Walk-on. This is one of the few rides that makes me scared every time I ride it. I love the view from the top, though.

I don't really love LaRosa's pizza, so I just had some breadsticks and a bottled water. The breadsticks weren't too bad, but they weren't great either.

The Beast : One train wait. Rode in seat 1-2. This was quite possibly the best daytime (well, not exactly daytime, but almost) Beast ride I've had so far this year.

The Beast : I rode it 3 times, all in seat 1-2. Each wait was only a one or two train wait. The Beast is an AMAZING ride at night. The second drop surprised me each time, because somehow I kept forgetting it was there. The ride ops here did an especially outstanding job. They got the riders pumped up to ride, and they made all of the people waiting in the station laugh a few times.

I never get tired of Invertigo either, I always hit the very front or very back seat. Drop Tower still makes my palms sweat, but the adrenaline rush is so worth it. I'm jealous of all your rides on The Beast too!

I actually like LaRosa's, but my favorite place to eat is the Stunt Crew Grill in Action Zone. Except for one time, I've always gotten fresh, hot food and excellent service there. They are fast and friendly.

One of the many times I ate there this summer, I was given a hot dog with a bun that was so hard it crunched. I took it back and politely showed them what was wrong. The girl gasped in horror, threw out my entire plate of food and made me a fresh plate (even though nothing was wrong with my fries), while apologizing to me about 20 times. I got about twice the amount of fries I did the first time. The girl at the register even apologized to me for what happened, and told me not to worry about paying for the second plate of food. I was blown away by their customer service, and they can bet that I will be a return customer.

I was there with my partner, and my friend from work and her nephew. My friend, her nephew, and Iwere on SDATHC around the same time as you! We rode it twice because I won the first time. so they both wanted a rematch... I won again!

I posted pics of the current progress of Diamondback on the site already.

I ended up riding:

SDATHC

Top..... (Flight Deck)...... Gun

SOB

Delerium which was a walk on, pick your own seat.

Sling Shot

Vortex

Beast

FOC

Everything really was a walk on / one cycle wait pretty much.

Pic of us while the Sling Shot was getting into the launch mode:

S7300380.jpg