Indoor Waterpark in foreclosure?

Uh...there are several indoor water parks in Sandusky....which is a part of the problem. Overbuilding....limited market....who is going to Sandusky in winter? In the past, the answer has been a lot fewer than you might think. It's not been that long ago that virtually all of the motels closed during the off season. Cedar Point makes that town...though the town often seems to ignore it or worse.

Separately, did anyone else notice that Lexi Robinson, former spokesperson for Geauga Lake park, is now doing same for Maui Sands? What a tough spot to be in....again.

After all Sandusky did need another indoor water park, especially one attached to a Holiday Inn. How could Charter One Bank think it sound business to loan that amount of money to someone wanting to build an indoor water park in Sandusky.

I agree Terpy, Sandusky not to long ago was a ghost town in the winter, hotels, resturnats, stores, a lot of things were seassonal in that town. Honestly it use to revolve around Cedar Points schedule. Kinzel at one point during the 90's was almost like a ghost mayor of the town, if there was a large decision to be made regarding the city and infastructure, Kinzel was always involved some way in the meetings, but here the past few years that has changed as more of these waterparks have been developed in the area and Sandusky has almost taken the stance of bitting the hand that feeds them.

If you want to see a desserted down, visit in mid January. Its a ghost town, except for the few cars at the waterparks.

Wow. Honestly, how many water parks can the city of Sandusky support? Kalahari is currently the largest indoor water park in the country. There is also the Great Wolf Lodge and Castaway Bay (owned by Cedar Fair), in addition to the Maui Sands. The market is definitely saturated with Sandusky`s limited population in the winter months.

However, it seems as if Maui Sands hasn`t even had a fair chance to get off the ground because the owner did not secure the necessary financing to successfully complete the project. I mean, the building doesn`t even have a full occupancy permit yet, so it cannot be operating and generating optimum revenues yet. Shoddy construction work and trying to cut corners is not the way to try and lure in visitors to a resort hotel. They will notice and will most certainly take their money to the other indoor water park resorts in the area.

^

You know interesting point on top of that, I was looking at their rates and they seem to be pricing themselves bellow the competition. Matter of fact they are at the bottom of the pricing for their standard room compared to the other 3 water park resorts. Their pricing is roughly $75 or so bellow the other resorts. From the sounds of their construction issues, Im not sure that is even worth the savings, let alone Im sure they have some very happy employees since they arent receiving pay checks. With the negative press, a minimal price difference, an oversaturated market, and competing with 3 well established properties. I think its pretty clear to see the writing on the wall.

Separately, did anyone else notice that Lexi Robinson, former spokesperson for Geauga Lake park, is now doing same for Maui Sands? What a tough spot to be in....again.

I noticed that when they first started putting out press releases. I'm glad she found somewhere to work after Cedar Fair fired her like they did. If I were her though, I think I'd be looking for another job agan!

If you want to see a desserted down, visit in mid January. Its a ghost town, except for the few cars at the waterparks.

HEY... I don't talk bad about your city!!! :P

Im not talking bad about Sandusky one bit. Love the town and have spent much time there during the winter. But you must admit it is night and day when comparing the crowds and traffic from summer to winter.