HALLOWEEN HAUNT 2008

thatbandguy8807

^Well, the Cemetery is a 'different' maze. It's gotten some attention from last year, but in reality, we only have the natural things around us; (Fog, trees, bushes, ect) and the only props we really had were the tombstones. We don't have set up places or sections to work with that are built specifically for scenes like some other mazes. If you looked at us now and compared us to last year, we're doing an amazing job. This year? I think we're pretty good when we have to stand up to Urgent Scare, Massacre Manor, Carn-Evil, and Tombstone.

I'd like to thank all that have contributed by giving reviews of the Cemetery, I really like hearing all sorts of comments and constrictive criticism! I'm have to be completely honest. I'm having the time of my life in I get into costume Friday and Saturday nights. I give it all I got for my maze, and getting people to scream, run away, or cower in fear is my goal. I work with whatever is given to me, and find the places where I get the best scares. I've kind of been sticking to one place in particular as some of you have found out ;) SO...I'm committed to giving the best scares I've got, and it's great hearing feedback on what's working and what's not. So thanks guys! I think we're only going to get better as time goes on; except when the clock gets closer to 1AM, hahaha!

So, I encourage ya'll to stop by the Cemetery this weekend....if you can come, great! If not, well...boo-hoo! I'm coming up with a few new things to improve the maze, I think I can respectively say I'm one of the leaders for the maze and I'm going to try something this weekend. So again, stop by the Cemetery...you might be visited by a certain someone celebrating the 25th anniversary of their death....muahahahha!!!!

hmmmmm well im comming this friday (tomorrow) with a few friends...so i will definately see about getting into this one lol.

Well to let you know about that cloths hallway, thats where I'm at and if you came on a friday then i was was covering that hallway as well as the hallway after that so I was swamped, but if it was a saterday then i dont know, I've scared everyone who comes through there and I am hanging behind the end of the cloths where you said some one should be.

P.S. Stop by manor this weekend and if you dont **** youself then you are really wierd

ok....now that i think of it. i think i have seen you once....and i can understand about getting swamped....i for the past three or four years have helped put on a haunted house for the elementary kids in my area and am taking a break from it this year...it feels weird not being involved...plus the reason why i may not see you hardly is because i usually always have someone tugging at me and my attention is taken away in there....but i will be sure to look for you again....

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to let you know about that cloths hallway, thats where I'm at and if you came on a friday then i was was covering that hallway as well as the hallway after that so I was swamped, but if it was a saterday then i dont know, I've scared everyone who comes through there and I am hanging behind the end of the cloths where you said some one should be.

P.S. Stop by manor this weekend and if you dont **** youself then you are really wierd

Well if you were working the clothes hallway on Saturday around 1 a.m. then you definitely got me good.

Im there alright, Thats when i was worn out too, covering 3 spots for 6+ hours, you get a little worn out. But im glad to hear i got you and thanks every one for their omput I will let every one know

u scared me:)

it was funny and right when u scared me i though of this forum:P

Guest TombraiderTy
Its hard to reset in the bar from time to time when you have one group come through after another.

Were you the one in the trenchcoat last night that said "What are you doing in my bar, a**hole? Get out of my bar!" to me?

I think I saw you last night. Caught me off guard, but didn't scare me. Sure did freak out the people behind me though.

Supposedly Tower Johnny is making an appearance in the Cemetery to celebrate his 25 Anniversary of his death!!!

He likes to make a lot of noise ;)

Please tell me that you did not celebrate the anniversary of someone's death.

And by the way, it was not 25 years ago.

1983-2008, 25 years. It's not 25 years to the day though, obviously.

is it just me or do u guys think that the cast of dead awakening did better than the originals??

I think she does a really good job with "Toxic". I also liked what they did with they rythms of "Welcome To My Nightmare" and "Waiting For Tonight".

ya natalie is rlly good :)

^^ It's cool, I was sent to Urgent Scare instead.

I thought I saw you in there lol...I took my aunt there and told the actors in line her name and they all came over and messed with her mind...it was hilarious..then we got split up into two different groups...that was even better. she said that urgent scare was her absolute favorite there...great work!!

^oh it was great....this one guy kept at it with her and i ended up saying "Its ok kristal, they are here to help you!" and the guy said "ah kristal...we now have a name HAHAHAHA" and left and got like 3 or 4 other ppl and they all stayed with her through the rest of the line lol..it was great..they all kept repeating her name..

Its hard to reset in the bar from time to time when you have one group come through after another.

Were you the one in the trenchcoat last night that said "What are you doing in my bar, a**hole? Get out of my bar!" to me?

Yeah I was the one in the trench I have alot of fun in that area.

I love finding out peoples names, esp. the girls. They freak, i caused one girl to run into a wall causing a speaker attached to that wall to wall and nail my right arm. It was painfull but well worth it, :)

lol i know what you mean. thats half of the fun is just going to the park and watch the roamers go after the girls and watch them jump sky high. my aunt jumps at everything and screams but she loves it. and the more it scares her, the more she supposedly likes it even though she has a face of terror on her lol. I just miss working in a haunted house this year :( the one thing i always looked forward to is setting it up and having ppl go through. even if it was for elementary kids and their parents. but im thinking of trying to join the scare team next year for HH. i was thinking about doing it this year but never really got around to it.

I love finding out peoples names, esp. the girls. They freak, i caused one girl to run into a wall causing a speaker attached to that wall to wall and nail my right arm. It was painfull but well worth it, :)

lol i know what you mean. thats half of the fun is just going to the park and watch the roamers go after the girls and watch them jump sky high. my aunt jumps at everything and screams but she loves it. and the more it scares her, the more she supposedly likes it even though she has a face of terror on her lol. I just miss working in a haunted house this year :( the one thing i always looked forward to is setting it up and having ppl go through. even if it was for elementary kids and their parents. but im thinking of trying to join the scare team next year for HH. i was thinking about doing it this year but never really got around to it.

its not as funny when your the one being scared

and having all the scare actors know ur name:(

but yeah its weird how we get soo scared and love it all at once:P

Just going back to massacre manor, which part of the place did you like the most or scared you the most, I am trying to get feed back so I can tell every one that I work there with what they need to work on.

Overall really good but really really dark in most spots but best scene is the end with the sparks off the wall and all the other special effects = AWESOME.

With Halloween Haunt only having two weeks left, (tonight and tomorrow and next weekend) how does HH really rate usually from the beginning of the season to the end? im wanting to try to go at least one more day to HH before Kings Island is closed till next season what is your guy's advice on this

By the end of Haunt, a lot of the scareactors have learned what works and what doesn't, so the technique is MUCH improved from the 1st 2 weeks.

and the good/bad thing (you decide) is there are less ppl in the attraction, either from them not being good and either quitting/getting reassigned, or from previous involvments, or just being done with it in general and not being able to "hack it" ;):P

Knott's scareactors are saying this bout themselves

"expect the unexpected" lol

Like StalkerChick said ^ could be half monster burn out and/or monster goes all out, meaning just gone crazy cause there is no energy needed to be preserved on the last night.

I've had some very serious, sad personal stuff happening lately that had me chose to be an usher at Tombstone last couple weeks...well last weekend, for sure the last night, I'm gonna scare....need to blow off some of the steam before a full day sleeping and pain..