What's The Best Maze in Halloween Haunt 2008?

BoddaH1994

I agree. We did three: Massacre Manor, Trail of Terror, and Urgent Scare in that order. Massacre Manor was my favorite, and Urgent Scare was my least. Trail of Terror was definately WAY better than Urgent Scare. There were only 2 things that scared me in Urgent Scare. (Although the snake thing was awesome!) My vote went to Massacre Manor.

Massacre Manor was an absolute hidden gem. It has been for years.

Urgent Scare isn't bad... but it's also not particularly good. It's really long, innovate, and well-themed. It's missing something and it's hard to put your finger on it. I think most people picked up on the fact that Magnum was the source of the virus, but it was never specifically stated in the maze. It would have been quite a revelation to the normal park-goer which, to the unsuspecting eye, would have thought that Magnum was some sort of sponsor. It also lacked an ending. You just kind of make your way out of the hospital and then see more broken down cars.

I'd say give it another chance. We've seen the first two days of the first time this maze has ever been done. It's an incredible undertaking to do a maze of this size with dozens and dozens of employees. By next weekend it should be a lot better. People have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the maze and I'm sure they'll do anything they can to make it great.

Urgent Scare isn't bad... but it's also not particularly good. It's really long, innovate, and well-themed. It's missing something and it's hard to put your finger on it. I think most people picked up on the fact that Magnum was the source of the virus, but it was never specifically stated in the maze. It would have been quite a revelation to the normal park-goer which, to the unsuspecting eye, would have thought that Magnum was some sort of sponsor. It also lacked an ending. You just kind of make your way out of the hospital and then see more broken down cars.

I'd say give it another chance. We've seen the first two days of the first time this maze has ever been done. It's an incredible undertaking to do a maze of this size with dozens and dozens of employees. By next weekend it should be a lot better. People have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the maze and I'm sure they'll do anything they can to make it great.

Thanks, but yeah as he said, believe it or not, everything was still not set up this weekend :( we are normally supposed to have 70+ ppl, and were working with maybe 50. AND yes the Magnum thing is true, but again the video is not finished. :( Well, what we wanted to have. Still don't know if we'll have something up for next weekend yet or not. If you listened to the EMT's and the lady at the front, you could figure it out real quick ;) But i appreciate the thing abuot the front part being good :D Trust me, thats one of the hardest places to be :P

Thanks, but yeah as he said, believe it or not, everything was still not set up this weekend :( we are normally supposed to have 70+ ppl, and were working with maybe 50. AND yes the Magnum thing is true, but again the video is not finished. :( Well, what we wanted to have. Still don't know if we'll have something up for next weekend yet or not. If you listened to the EMT's and the lady at the front, you could figure it out real quick ;) But i appreciate the thing abuot the front part being good :D Trust me, thats one of the hardest places to be :P

The video? Will it be playing on the TVs outside of the FX?

I went both friday and saturday night.

I found tombstone terror-tory to be the best on friday.

But the trail to be the best on saturday.

i'm guessing it's just the day you go.

As far as the indoor haunts.

Redbeard's revenge took the cake easily.

Urgent Scare left me very disappointed, and massacre manor made me want to take a nap.

Club blood is entertaining, but not scary.

But all the scare zones were much improved then past years.

I have one question.

Does death row have a point, or should it be replaced by something better. I found it to be very dull and just left me with a headache.

i thought trail of terror was good but better last year. they took out the people on bungie cords who jumped out right in front of you and jumped right back into the woods. i liked massacre manor. the beginning was sort of dull i couldnt see a thing. it was sort of confusing but i loved the end of it with the sparks and the jolting guy and the cheerleaders were weird.

Thanks, but yeah as he said, believe it or not, everything was still not set up this weekend we are normally supposed to have 70+ ppl, and were working with maybe 50. AND yes the Magnum thing is true, but again the video is not finished. Well, what we wanted to have. Still don't know if we'll have something up for next weekend yet or not. If you listened to the EMT's and the lady at the front, you could figure it out real quick ;) But i appreciate the thing abuot the front part being good :D Trust me, thats one of the hardest places to be

The video? Will it be playing on the TVs outside of the FX?

US is getting better, slowly but surely. Lots of noobs who are learning what works, lots of switching ppl out. I'm still losing my mind outside with all the queue line changes. Anyone have a good idea what to do with that? we've tried everything. line all the way through, line at the split, line outside... can't make it work :(

and yes, it just has the logo up on the tv's in the line right now (which can make for a GREAT distraction btw ;)

oh, and manor is my favorite too... I still want to shake the first guy in the dark nerf mazes hand. He's the only one that can get me. o and the guys in the closet rock too but they know that already ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I went Friday and only got into two haunts, luckily I was very impressed with both haunts. They were well themed and well staffed (something that I've always thought Halloween Haunt/Fear Fest has had problems with in the past).

The two mazes were Urgent Scare and Tombstone Terror-Tory. I voted for Urgent Scare because I was impressed with the amount of detail and scareacters. I thought it was a pretty creative concept. That being said, I was the leader and got most of the scares, some of the others in the group enjoyed it but weren't as impressed.

Tombstone Terror-Tory, which I hadn't been through since its first year as Headless Hollow(?). That first year I must say I was not impressed at all and in all the following years I just laughed when I saw the huge line for it and never wanted to waste my time. This time around I caught the last train of the night, no wait, and every aspect of the maze has been improved. From the person talking to you on the train to the number of scares and detail in the maze, everything is much better. The actor on the train was much more convincing than the person in the regular employee uniform the first year, and even tricked two people in our group who apparantly actually thought it was a train ride and weren't very happy because it had took some convincing even to get them in line as it was quarter till 1 and they were tired and had wanted to leave. But after going through and being scared several times they perked up a little bit. It was a great end to a fun night, and actually now that I think of it a little bit more I would give Tombstone Terror-Tory the edge over Urgent Scare because they were almost equal and because of one big problem I just remembered...

I think they should remove the bungee cord scare in Urgent Scare because, although I'm a fan of the bungee cord thing when it's used correctly [for example the first time I saw it used on Trail of Terror (still Psycho Path at the time, I believe... It was 2006) and you cannot see it at all and there is plenty of room for it] but in Urgent Scare, the room is too small, the bungee person is completely visible the whole time and didn't startle anyone in our group and actually ended up coming down and kicking a girl in our group in the leg... not the best experience.

Other than that one gripe I thoroughly enjoyed both mazes.

...but in Urgent Scare, the room is too small, the bungee person is completely visible the whole time and didn't startle anyone in our group and actually ended up coming down and kicking a girl in our group in the leg... not the best experience....

So much for the monsters not touching you....

Terpy, who can see some real problems with this situation. . .

Its true, urgent scare needs more ppl than they have, I work at massacre manor and we send at least 2 ppl to them every night. For those of you who liked manor, come back sometime, we have changed things up a little and I guarentee that myself as well as the others will maake you regret ever entering

Of the seven that voted for the Creepers and Roamers (me included for...obvious..reasons), what's your reasons for why you liked them/us?

My favorite is our "nasty habit" of triple, quadruple, and even quintuple-teaming guests into crying uncontrollably, sprinting off into the distance (with another one or two monsters chasing after them), or, even better, wetting themselves with....excitement.

...but in Urgent Scare, the room is too small, the bungee person is completely visible the whole time and didn't startle anyone in our group and actually ended up coming down and kicking a girl in our group in the leg... not the best experience....

i was hit in the hand at the barrel part of the trail my friend wouldnt move they all just stood there so i go infrount of them and then they decide to push me into a barrel:(

i just laughed it off though:)

i love urgent scare

i guess cuz i hate hospitals and it scares me the most:)

and they always skip ALL the people in my group and go strait to me:P

so everyone i go w/ is like that sucked and it wasnt even that scary

and im all like rlly r u serious?? :lol:

I only made it through a few haunts, but Redbeard's Revenge was very good this year. It was a lot longer than I remember it being, and the scareactors really did a great job with the timing. A lot of good scares.

Yeah, I think they would be best advised to remove the bungee scare completely because in the event that the person actually caused a serious injury, especially in the case of someone older going through the maze, Kings Island could have a mess on their hands.

My favorite maze was definetly Club Blood, Massacure Manor, then Trail of Terror. I went in the Carn Evil and found it a bit scary, but only because of my fear of clowns. Cemetary Drive was really stupid. And Urgent Scare, no duh the source of the virus was magnum, and the maze was actually way worse then Cemetary Drive. The dude by the LaRoses near The Beast with a lantern stalked me pretty much the entire night, but overall, Halloween Haunt was really awesome.