TO: Line Jumpers especially adults.

way29

To the adult line jumpers in Nickelodeon Universe (the kids section) at Kings Island or any amusement park, and especially to the lady who tried to convince her unwilling husband and kids to line jump at Kings Island Nickelodeon Universe.

Let me start by saying this. Your kids learn not only by what you tell them what is right and wrong but also by what you do.

It is amazing to me how many parents at amusement parks encourage their kids to run in front of other kids to beat them to the best seat once the gate opens for a ride. I wont even get into that here. Instead I want to comment on adults themselves cutting in line in front of little kids, even 2 year olds.

While walking up to the line for Little Bills Roller Coaster at Kings Island with my 2 year old daughter, a lady pushed past us and several other riders to get in front of us in the line.

Unfortunately her husband and their other kids were not as quick and they found themselves separated by about 3 other groups of riders.

The dad and other kids were directly behind be and my daughter. Had he walked his kids past me to meet his wife without saying a word or even asked if he could pass us to meet his family then I wouldn't have thought anything about it.

Instead he stood in line behind us, as to set a good example for his children and asked his wife to come back and join him. She said NO and ordered him to come up to her. He said that he didnt want to cut in front of anyone. She replied with who cares, no one here cares, and again ordered him to move forward. He asked her again just to come back and join him.

At this point I felt a little sorry for the dad and as I watched him walk past me, then the next group of people, and the next group of people, and as I looked at the faces of not only the kids she made him pass, but also the parents who weren't going to say anything, I decided to take a stance. I said "Excuse me. I care." directly to him.

He laughed as though I was kidding. So I said, "No, really. I care if you cut in line."

He then grabbed the kids he brought forward and headed back behind me, and as he passed me he said "Sorry about that." but to save face with his wife he then yelled back up to her "Apparently this guy has a problem with it."

She looked directly at me and said "You gotta be kidding me." I said "No. I am trying to teach my daughter right from wrong and even she at 2 years old knows she has to wait in line like everyone else."

Now, that wasnt really the case. Like I said, I wouldnt have had a problem with a husband and his kids meeting his wife further up the line, except this lady was a real ***** not only to her husband but also to everyone in line and also her own kids, and since her husband wasnt going to stand up to her, I did.

At this point you would think the lady would go back to the rest of her family so they could ride together, but she didnt, not for at least 10 minutes of her pointing and mouthing her husband to move forward and the more he refused, or maybe he wasnt paying attention to her, but i was, the madder she got, until finally she moved back to his position behind me.

This is where the subtle comments started. First with the groups in front of me calling her an evil ***** and even one of them thanking me for taking a stand, to her comments behind me such as "This is supposed to be a fun place but it isnt because of jerks like him." She kept on commenting what a jerk I was, to her husband and kids, but I never acknowledged her. Finally her husband got tired of it and said "lets go somewhere else." and they did.

In the end I hope that 1. their kids had fun. 2. that i ****ed her off and that she is still fuming about it. and 3. that her husband learned to stick up for himself and their kids and for whats right.

I absolutely loathe line jumpers. I always say something, and I admire you for doing so too. I even have the anti-line jumping shirt from CafePress, and have worn it to CP this year.

I was at KI today, and saw several line jumpers get removed from Drop Tower today. They were really cracking down on it when I was there. :D

Some people seem to think they are special and exempt from the rules that govern others. My theory is they also speed, get in the express line at the grocery with way too many items, cut in drive through lines at fast food joints, etc.

Crass and boorish, they are. And the rest of us often put up with them instead of creating a scene. That's was these jerks depend on.

Normally I am a nice person but jump in that line in front of me and ohhhhh I WILL ask you to get back in your place and I WILL look for and inform a line operator - if nothing is done....well there are supervisors to speak to and I know what they look like and have no problems talking to them.

I have heard complaints from various people in the park about the line jumpers from visitors to employees visiting the park on their off days.

I understand if someone has to run to the potty with a child and the other spouse/friend holds their place in line - fine when you come back go ahead I have no issues as children need those potties when they need them so in that case I say nothing.

Now what do you think about this one??? You send your family to get in line while you are a little slower at walking, using a cane or riding in a wheelchair. Once you get there you join your family already in line? Curious....about your opinions on this item.

I get a handicapped pass as I come to the park. I have to have it to do anything at the park from rides to haunted items. I hate those things with a passion but understand their need. It is hard trying to get my chair into public relations with those stupid doors unless someone is nice enough to help me by opening them because unfortunately there is no nice little BUTTON to push that will automatically open them for me.....anyway what we do is my family member will go through the line and once at the end we notify the ride operator to let me on with the family/friend that stood in line with the others. Can you believe that people get mad at me for getting on the ride when we do it that way??? I mean I can easily get the stupid thing stamped - go and have a meal or watch a show - come back and get right on but we don't I sit at the end, not exactly an exciting thing to do lol and wait for my family to go through the lines with everyone else. What is up with that??

i think karen thats a good idea. when my brother was in a wheelchair for his broken ankle we waited in line for tomb raider at the time for a hour and a half in line and got to the front they said he couldnt ride, when the line staff in front said he could. and oh Karen i think i saw you. idk but were you wearing a black skull t shirt. idk it was in Action Zone at like 12 something on friday night. right by Delirium. i was gonna say meal on wheels but didnt want to make you mad. i was the one that walked right passed you with a black shirt on with a grey hoodie around my waist oh well way off topic Sorry*****

While I do agree that there should be a zero tolerance toward line jumpers, it is not worth risking a physical confrontation to confront the line jumper nor should park guests be expected to risk physical confrontations. I've said it before and I will say it again. There should be more park police and security patrolling the line queues.

And there are certain parks near inner cities where confronting a line jumper could cost you...perhaps even your life....not a good idea. Sometimes it is best to quietly give in and report the incident privately. Some park chains are VERY serious about line jumping, and, incredibly, no longer have nearly as much a problem as they once did. Imagine that.

There's case law in Ohio that says spitting on someone is not assault. And riding a horse while intoxicated is not DUI... (Our courts apparently have had a lot of time on their hands) Yes, I'm in a position that requires me to know those types of things :).

But seriously, I would like to see the city council in Mason pass an ordinance against line jumping, thus making it a criminal offense.

On one of my trips to KI this summer, I was in line for Drop Tower (imagine that), when I saw this guy grab the rails with his hands and literally jump and swing his legs over the rail. I called him stupid and smacked him with my empty water bottle as I passed him in the queue. I will admit that was pretty daring of me, and I don't plan on doing that again. Idiots like that just make me so angry.

I'm not afraid to yell LINE JUMPER at the top of my lungs, or point them out to ride ops. Wait your turn like everyone else, or go home. We don't want you here.

There should be more park police and security patrolling the line queues.

I think that they have their hands full with more important matters.

If you have a problem with a line jumper, just tell the next ride op that you see. In most cases, 2 seperate parties need to verify that they person(s) jumped the line before any action can be taken.

On one of my trips to KI this summer, I was in line for Drop Tower (imagine that), when I saw this guy grab the rails with his hands and literally jump and swing his legs over the rail. I called him stupid and smacked him with my empty water bottle as I passed him in the queue. I will admit that was pretty daring of me, and I don't plan on doing that again. Idiots like that just make me so angry.

I'm not afraid to yell LINE JUMPER at the top of my lungs, or point them out to ride ops. Wait your turn like everyone else, or go home. We don't want you here.

Haha, gotta love that! Should've waited until it was his turn to ride then pointed him out to the ride ops.

Ok question do yall believe that it is ok to skip a line if it is empty? I.E. Say your getting in line for Firehawk at night and all of the ques are open and you dont feel like going all th way through them so you go under them till you reach the last person in line

I wouldn't really call it line jumping unless you actually pass somebody.

I'd say you're in the clear ;)

im not going to lie i have lined jumped. the last time i did it i only skipped 3 groups and i asked all of them if i could meet up with my friends. I have been told no once before and so i went back to where i was standing. i was mad but what can i say im not going to do it if they say no.

im not going to lie i have line jumped. the last time i did it i only skipped 3 groups and i asked all of them if i could meet up with my friends. I have been told no once before and so i went back to where i was standing. i was mad but what can i say im not going to do it if they say no.

This is why you use the bathroom and get something to eat BEFORE you get in line. If it's a little kid trying to meet back up with their parents, I understand, but adults should know better.

I'm going to start tripping line jumpers or "accidentally" spilling my drink on them. I'm tired of standing back and watching people think that they have some kind of privilege over everyone else in line.