TR:TR V.2?

Inraider

I only say that TR:TR hasn't changed because of the fact that it'd be a bad financial move to change it a little, then complete the change over the off season. It costs around the 100 grand mark if I remember to get Huss and Technifex to redo everything, and yes, they both have to be there to reprogram. The effects, and ride movements, must be synchronized, so any change requires a full change of timers and looping of points in the soundtrack to reflect the new ride time. Will TR:TR be reprogrammed, definetly. I could end up being wrong, but it would be due to the park changing it's mind. It was originally going to be reprogrammed for 03, but with time constraints it wasn't possible. I could still end up being wrong though...

However, we still need more proof that the ride has infact changed before we go off on a tangent. Also, (reffering to RyanA and Dan) if you have not yet ridden the ride since this came about, then please don't say that it has not chnaged. We appreciate your comments, but when trying to sort out an issue such as this, we need people that have actually rode it to give us proof. Not assumptions from those who base their comments on the likely hood of a subject. Now, has anyone else rode TR:TR since it supposedly changed.

I rode it on Sunday and nothing was changed. I know TR:TR by heart and I would realize if there was a change on it. A lot of the time some special effects do not always work the way they are supposed to or they don't even work at all and people get the idea that something has changed. Don't worry about it because I think that you guys will love what is going to happen to TR:TR next year.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know, Chef. Delirium is an excellent ride, but who knows that they could do with TR: TR... I mean, it could have an AWSOME program with all new themeing for all we know. I think most people just have a bias against it because it's so short. I think we can all agree that the few minutes we have on it really is a lot of fun.

Boddah,

I think one reason I prefer Delirium to TR:TR is the hype. TR:TR was hyped up a super-duper awesome ride...and it's not. It's magnificently themed....but the quality of the ride is just above average. I went to TR:TR for the first time with HIGH expectations and left disappointed.

Delirium was not made to seem like much in the previews...so I had low expectations. However after my first ride......WOW! That was awesome. And I keep going back.

That's my opinion...but hey, I'm a 31 year old fart with thinning hair. :D

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

I very much agree with Italian Chef, but I still love TR:TR! I think what PKI has done wrong with some of their rides was over hype them. It happened with SOB and TR:TR. You have to make sure you put in a great ride when you hype it as an adventure of a lifetime. PKI did this with TR:TR but I don't think people thought it was the ride of a lifetime. Hopefully next year PKI will turn TR:TR into an adventure of a lifetime and our hopes and dreams will be fulfilled.

Tomb Raider : The Wait will be much better with an extended program but it will not resolve the low capacity (75 People Is a lot but moving in and out is extreamly slow). I think that PKI should put in another Associate so that there will be 3, one for each row to try and help speed up the process. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Well whatever they do, I just hope that it is more exciting. I mean, at the beginning you go up so slow and it takes so much time to get up to the top. I think that if they get you starting out fast that they can just give you an action-packed ride that never stops. Maybe we can even ask Jeff for some photos! :rambo:

We all hope for the best. However, please keep in mind that PKI is a business with limited resources in the middle of a not so awesome economy. In spite of the rosy numbers that have been released lately...it's a "jobless recovery" with record deficits, ballooning debt, and jobs are going overseas fast. We are lucky to have a great park such as PKI so close to us in spite of the macro-economic woos of the day.

PRAISE PKI!

The Holy Reverend Brother Doctor Italian Chef

:pope:

Not inversions they are flips there is a difference. Anyway I hope to see a new program for TR;TR but you know what that means. More than likey it means more breakdowns

Not necessarily. When they add a ride, usually the technology is new and not perfected. In this case, it's the same technology but simply with a different program. I highly doubt that if they change the themeing, it would go down too often, and even if it did, I doubt they'd close the ride.

• 3 weeks later...