TR:TR V.2?

Inraider

It was recently reported on Scremascape (which by no means makes it true), that they had recived a hint that TR:TR would be lengthened this year as part of a park "FUN" plan that has not yet been disclosed. I posted this to see what you, the public, would like to see happen to Tomb Raider, if this turned out to be true. Again, its nothing factual yet, but I figured it would be fun to speculate on what they might do to it. What are your ideas?

Yes, definetly, but I would also like to see them involve the action with the story line, instead of just flipping or dropping, THEN you see the part of the story. Thats the rides biggest and almost only flaw in my opinion:the movement and the story line are never mixed. It completely loses that TRing feeling that its supposed to give. Instead of that dangerous feeling, it gives you an omniciant feeling. here are some great ways to fix that: make the lava explode using fog, heat, water, etc. then because of it exploding, the whole craft is launched upward while still facing the lava, but then quickly flips and evades a ceiling of spikes (no, not ICE, Spikes, as in a new scene)

I guess you could say the ride has a lack of cause and effect.

Like I said, thats the only problem, but it is a major one that could make or break the opinion of the ride very easily.

• Like 1

I agree also that the ride should involve the story line. I just think that through some transitions they can make it more exciting than just going really slow like you do part of the time. I think it would be better if they could add a couple more flips or something like that.

TR:TR has problems to begin with. Just think of how many problems it would have if there were five different ride programs. The ride would probably be shut down for most of the day. If we do see a change in TR:TR I think it will only be one.

TR:TR has problems to begin with. Just think of how many problems it would have if there were five different ride programs. The ride would probably be shut down for most of the day. If we do see a change in TR:TR I think it will only be one.

I'm not saying that is what the will get. It was what Id like to see happen. What is wrong with TR:TR anyway? When ever I go which is quite often it seems to be open 90 percent of the time.

What is wrong with TR:TR anyway? When ever I go which is quite often it seems to be open 90 percent of the time.

Last fall and early this season, it was closed 90% of the time. They had all kinds of funky problems with it. We were riding it once when it malfunctioned, which wouldn't have been so bad, if there wasn't someone who was claustrophobic freaking out in the back row of the ride. The ride was on the downswing, right before it settles at the end of the cycle, when all of a sudden, it let loose and just started swinging back and forth with everyone in the cradle. Then all the lights in the room came on and you could see everything. It included all the scene lighting as well as emergency lights. We were stuck for about 25 minutes by the time maintenance showed up, and manually lowered the cradle into position, then they had to let down the ramps at the side, and then release the harnesses. You had to hold the harness up to get out, and they could only do one row at a time every 5 minutes, since it takes air pressure to release the harnesses. It wasn't bad, just different. The person who freaked out in the back row was bad though. A very interesting experience.

Sounds cool. I like being on broken down rides. Did they take the person that was screaming out first?

yeah eventually. It takes a little while even with a person screaming for the maintenance people to manually settle the ride, let down the ramps, and then hook up the air line to release the harnesses.

I wish TR:TR was more out of controll like Rip Saw say you go up to the top then it stop suddening causing you to spin and spin uncontrobally that would be sweet. I know it wont happen though

It would be sweet.. but would'nt have much to do with Tomb Raider.

Im interestered to see if they do anything with Tomb Raider: Cradle Of Life or not...

The Cradle fo Life would translate into a ride better than the first movie did. It just has that feel. COL, however, could not be a top spin, There is simply no way it would work. But it would make a neat suspended ride.

(a suspended dark ride is the vehicle they use on the E.T. adventure, just put that ride on some serious steroids and you'll know what I am talking about.)

Yes I like Tomb Raider The Ride much better now with the new program but we are back to the old problem with breakdown. It had 2 of them why i was in line

Wait, your saying Tomb Raider has a different program at FearFest?!

It seems to be the STARTINGS of a new ride program, one flip may make it better, but if the park is going to spend the cash to reprogram it, then I highly doubt the change will only be one flip.

They are rpobably testing it out to see how the crowds reacted to a very minor change. If they completely love it and believe it changes the ride 180', then the park may just add some more fog, lights, etc. and a few flips. If that does not satisfy, then they will invest a more durastic change.

But, before we get ourselves into a tizzy about this and get all excited, I think we should have at least 3 more people confirm this change on a first hand basis. (not that I do not trust you dropzone265, I simply need some different views to confirm it)

-If anyone else has noticed this then please respond, I'll be visiting the park soon, so, I will be able to ride it myself.

The new program for TR;TR will come sooner than you think. OTday at fear fest it was different in had one more flip and the flips were at different spots.

It may of seemed like the ride program for TR:TR, but it wasn't. TR:TR has the same prgram ever since it opened and it hasn't changed. The reson for this is that if the ride prgram was change then the special effects and soundtrack would have to be changed too and that isn't possible at the moment. Sorry to burst your bubble, but TR:TR has not been changed.

In my opinion the first TR movie translated to a ride very well, and had some very memorable scenes. However, the second movie, Cradle of Life, in my most respectable opinion, sucked total donkey balls. In fact, I'd be willing to say I've never seen a more boring movie in my entire life. That's right, it's total trash, and with a whopping 5 mins. of actual tomb raiding, I doubt that PKI is ready to invest in making a Cradle of Life ride, or additional theming to the current TR as well. In fact, how anyone could even believe that movie could translate into a ride, scares me. I have no idea how you could do it. Not a clue. The movie was too complex, and too boring. With virtually no tomb raiding. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, other than being an incredibly large title, is amongst the worst movies Paramount, or any other film studio, has ever decided to unleash upon the general public without a warning. I infact found the title to be cooler than anything in the movie, and I was more engaged by the neat credit line and the text at the bottom of the screen than anything going on in the movie itself. With that said, I love the Tomb Raider franchise, and gave the latest Tomb Raider game, atleast 5 hours before deciding to hate it(unlike most gamers who despised it within about 30 seconds). And I really enjoyed the first movie, and the ride is my favorite. But, to get back on topic, TR will be changed. But not this year, and from what I've heard, it may rank a 5 on the intensity scale the park uses next year. Also, I find Inraider to be an admirable person, and excellent poster, so this post was not to burn his opinions, however, do not burn mine. I'm sorry to everyone who was able to enjoy TR:COL, because that's really good for you. But personally, I kind of felt a little more bored walking out of the theater, then I did walking in.

Alright, I'm done whining.

Good day!

Well I thought COL was fantastic, but I can definetly see why you would say that and I too found the first movie to be much better. Back to PKI, Dan,I must say, is wrong. (please do not kill me) You would not have to change the soundtrack or the f/x to add to the ride. Now a MAJOR overhaul is a totally different story. But, for Fearfest, I think the park could handle one flip. Now, I believe that they will do something much bigger for next season as hinted many times before. And, I also believe that the 5 on the intesity is almost inescapable. TR:TR is already border-line 4, adding flips and special effects would definetly bump it up to a 5. (which, in my eyes, it always should have been a 5)

However, we still need more proof that the ride has infact changed before we go off on a tangent. Also, (reffering to RyanA and Dan) if you have not yet ridden the ride since this came about, then please don't say that it has not chnaged. We appreciate your comments, but when trying to sort out an issue such as this, we need people that have actually rode it to give us proof. Not assumptions from those who base their comments on the likely hood of a subject. Now, has anyone else rode TR:TR since it supposedly changed.