Kings Island TR, 9-27-08

gigacoaster2k

I usually do PTRs, but my phone did not feel secure in my pocket, so I decided to leave it in the car. I'd much rather have a wordy TR than lose my $200 camera phone.

I arrived at the park around 11:15 am. I saw that the parking lot was quickly filling up, and I tried to stay positive as I searched for a spot in Gold Pass parking.

I wanted my adrenaline rush right away, and I missed my baby, so I headed straight for Drop Tower. Line wasn't too bad yet, about a 10 minute wait. Great thrill as always. I always seem to have a terrified first time rider next to me.

Next I hit Delirium. This is when I noticed that there were bees, and lots of them. I don't know why there were so many, but I was certainly not happy about it. I was fresh out of the shower so I smelled like a fruit salad, therefore the bees seemed to, well, make a beeline for me. I was watching the ride and when it was in full swing, a bill flew out of someone's pocket. I didn't see where it went, and I wasn't about to jump the fence looking for it. :lol:

Next was Invertigo. By this time the weather was starting to clear and the lines were getting long. I noticed a headband and a hair tie under the loop. I love the view when you're in the queue right under the loop. I always go for the front seat (the one by the ride op station). I had forgotten the amazing Gs you get on that ride. I grayed out for a second coming out of the loop (most likely because I hadn't eaten yet. Gs tend to affect me more intensely when my sugar is low).

I decided I needed another boost of adrenaline, so I went back to Drop Tower. The line was a little long by this time, but I didn't care because it's my favorite, and capacity isn't bad at all on that ride.

I realized I hadn't ridden Backlot Stunt Coaster yet, so I went for that one. Walked right on to the second seat. That ride never fails to leave me with a smile on my face.

I headed to Vortex after that. A little bit of a wait, but it really wasn't as bad as I'd remembered. I still enjoy it, but it could be a little smoother. I understand that it's getting older, but it's still worth a ride. I also got an aerial view of Diamondback, my jaw dropped in amazement. That coaster is really coming together. I got chills just looking at it.

I was getting pretty hungry by this time, so I headed to the Stunt Crew Grill for lunch, and sat right where I could watch Drop Tower. After I finished my food, I got in line for it (yes, that may sound crazy, but the line was still kind of long, and I've been blessed with a stomach of steel). I rode it twice in a row that time.

I decided to see what the wait for Firehawk was, grabbed some Dippin Dots, and got in line. I waited over an hour and barely moved through the queue. Not only that but the train got stuck on the hill for a few minutes, and the ride ops weren't communicating with each other and were sending too many groups out. I got frustrated and ducked out, and went for Flight of Fear instead. The line was an hour, but worth every minute as always. I didn't hear or feel the trim that time, amazing.

I can't go to KI without riding The Beast, so I headed over there. I CAN NOT BELIEVE the massive size of the DB supports. What was really intimidating was that huge piece of track sticking up over by the Crypt. I couldn't stop looking at it. Pictures do not do it justice, not in the least.

I waited all of 5 minutes to ride The Beast. I ran all the way to the loading station. I didn't feel trims on this either, there was a definite difference. It beat the living crud out of me, and my hair completely came out of its ponytail holder. There was a point when we were going so fast that I actually screamed. Those trims had to have been turned off. Either way, still totally worth it as always.

I headed back to BLSC, which had about a 30 minute wait. I got on the front seat too. Came off smiling again.

I decided I wanted another ride on Invertigo before I started my power ride on Drop Tower, since I'd ridden everything I wanted to ride. This time I noticed several hair ties, several coins, another hair band, and a park map below the loop. People really need to understand "please secure all loose articles." I ate a bag of peanut M&Ms while waiting in line, and didn't gray out that time.

This is where I went crazy. I rode Drop Tower 6 times in a row. Each time I waited about 20 minutes, but I didn't care. I love listening to it, watching it, and riding it.

On one of those rides, there was a first time rider next to me who, when we were going up, said "I don't like this. This is too high." I looked above me and saw purple, green, red, and yellow on the tower. I was like "Dude we're not even halfway there." His response was "ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!!" and by the time we got to the top he was swearing like a sailor. I threw my hands up on the drop like I always do, and he screamed bloody murder and grabbed my hand on the way down. :lol:

I wanted a ride on Delirium, and the line was very short. I got on in 2 rides. By this time it was cold, the park was full of fog, and the haunt zones were in full swing. I really like how the monsters got into their personas.

I ran back to Drop Tower, and ran all the way to the gate. I was the only one in line, and the ride was about half full. I ended up getting 3 more rides in before I started to feel a little funny. I looked at my watch to see that it was 12:30 am, so I headed toward the exit. On the way, I stopped at a gift shop and bought the little i (heart) Kings Island keychain with the rhinestones, I've been eyeing that one, I really like it.

I finally got home around 2 am.

Ride count:

Flight of Fear - 1

Beast - 1

Vortex - 1

Invertigo - 2

BLSC - 2

Delirium - 2

Drop Tower - 13

Sounds like you had a good time. I guess you didn't participate in any of the haunts though, did you?

No, it's not really my thing. I tend to get annoyed or even angry when things jump out at me, I just don't like it. I did like the haunt theme of the park though. They did an excellent job on that.

I prefer to get on the rides around that time, when the lines are pretty much nonexistent. After 11:30 last night the lines in Action Zone vanished. It was great, empty queues all around.

Excuse me? Your baby? I dont think so, Drop Tower is all mine!

NO! MINE! :angry::lol:

You should have seen me jumping off my seat and running right back into the queue yesterday. You would have been so proud.

Every single time, I screamed WOOHOOOOOOOO on the way down with my hands in the air and a huge smile on my face, I'm a little hoarse today but it was so worth it. That ride never gets old.

I rode SOB once and got so beat up that right there and then said NO MORE. I have not been on it since. Not worth that much pain!!! I was hurting for a week and all bruised up - had to get ice from first aid.

I was eating Advil like candy for the next 2 days after my first ride on SOB. I cramp easily as it is, and I woke up the next morning with a back so sore I could barely move. I'm only 26, I'm too young for that! :lol:

I only rode it the second time because I was with a friend that I don't see very often, and she likes SOB so I went along to make her happy.

Excuse me? Your baby? I dont think so, Drop Tower is all mine!

NO! MINE! :angry::lol:

You should have seen me jumping off my seat and running right back into the queue yesterday. You would have been so proud.

Every single time, I screamed WOOHOOOOOOOO on the way down with my hands in the air and a huge smile on my face, I'm a little hoarse today but it was so worth it. That ride never gets old.

Yeah right she is all mine and no one else's!

Yeah right she is all mine and no one else's!

Jasper's being mean to me! *bursts into tears* :lol:

It was so great: On my 11th ride, I ran all the way through the queue, up to the gate, and was the first person to get on the next ride. I leaned on the gate and just watched it until it was my turn. I was the only person in the whole queue, this was sometime a little after midnight. That was the single most amazing moment of my entire day at the park yesterday.

On Friday night, the kids and I went straight to The Beast when the park opened. We were the only people in the station. Very cool. Then two more people came in and there were 5 people on our train. Then we had a train to ourselves on BLSC. On The Beast, I was thinking of the early years when all of the switchbacks were full and the line stretched almost to the train and how time changes things, in this case, for the better.

Good TR and good to hear you had a great time!! It sounds like you're really becoming a drop ride nut too!! :lol: (one day, for me, I hope....)

Although the wait times seemed a little all over the place (even pre-Haunt), it appeared it wasn't too busy, which is good to hear since maybe it'll stay like that for at least another weekend when I go!!

Btw, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but you've been on SOB post-loop, and on the blue train, AND in the front seat (the smoothest possible location), right??

Good TR and good to hear you had a great time!! It sounds like you're really becoming a drop ride nut too!! :lol: (one day, for me, I hope....)

Although the wait times seemed a little all over the place (even pre-Haunt), it appeared it wasn't too busy, which is good to hear since maybe it'll stay like that for at least another weekend when I go!!

Btw, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but you've been on SOB post-loop, and on the blue train, AND in the front seat (the smoothest possible location), right??

I figured it wasn't too busy because of Howl-O-Fest. I saw a lot of parents with small children, and a lot of the crowd headed for Nick U after they went through the entrance gate. FOF and Firehawk's lines were atrocious.

I love Drop Tower. I even miss it when I'm at CP, Power Tower just isn't the same. I'll ride both sides of PT, but I'll get off it craving the rush I get from DT.. the taller and faster the ride, the happier I am.

Jasper, I really am not trying to outdo you. I am just severely addicted to that ride.