Whats going to happen with flight deck?

kingcobra84

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean it's in bad "aesthetic" shape. While it could definitely use some painting and touching up, experts inspect it regularly to make sure it's completely safe for riders. Safety is the first priority at Kings Island.

I thought nickles were?

$700b? I think he has moved on to dimes now, or was that dollars?

And also...it's one of the few coasters that actually seems faster in the front seat.

Amen to that! A couple weeks ago was the first time I rode in the front seat, and it was awesome!! Scared the hell outta me with the final swing to come back into the loading area!

It's been Like that for a while. It'll stay. It could use some touching up, but I doubt KI will want rid of it.

Why do people keep saying ki is going to replace it with a B&M Inverted Coaster?

I said no such thing! If Flight Deck was replaced with an Invert I would cry. Flight Deck is quite a thrilling ride and very unique.

It's been Like that for a while. It'll stay. It could use some touching up, but I doubt KI will want rid of it.

Why do people keep saying ki is going to replace it with a B&M Inverted Coaster?

I said no such thing! If Flight Deck was replaced with an Invert I would cry. Flight Deck is quite a thrilling ride and very unique.

I would cry too. From happiness!

Perosnally, I've ridden enough times that I could care less about it. I haven't ridden it but once this season. They'll keep it until somethine bad happens I'm sure, because it was the last suspended built.

yes but what i remember didnt the train collide off the track just a few years back? i could be wrong but i think so.

On July 16th during morning test runs on Top Gun one of the trains collides with a maintenance truck parked to close to the track. It causes the first three cars to derail with serious damage.

See i told you. something bad did happen to the ride.

Perosnally, I've ridden enough times that I could care less about it. I haven't ridden it but once this season. They'll keep it until somethine bad happens I'm sure, because it was the last suspended built.

What does the fact that it was the last of it's kind have to do with removal issues?

And something bad happened on SoB, but that's still standing. Unless something real bad happens (De-Railing, e.c.t.) it should remain in operation. And who's saying something bad will happen? Every Arrow Suspended except Bat, XLR-8, and one in Japan are still operating. Bat was a prototype, XLR-8 went down with Astroworld, and the one in Japan had a rare accident.

the only thing that i have to complain about is the EXTREMELY long que

it takes for ever to run down it

But that'll give you good exercise for all the Diamondback ROTB (Running of the Bulls) next year!! I mean, you're not going to beat an ex-collegiate track star like me!! (400m, so I sprint fast and long!) But you'll still want a chance against the other guitar hero's out there!! ;)

Well, it is good to hear you DO care some about it. Otherwise, you couldN'T care less.

Terpy, in your heart you knew he would