Whats going to happen with flight deck?

kingcobra84

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TPR has an awesome video of Eagle Fortress and yes Big Bad Wolf is an amazing coaster especially seeing as it is an Arrow Suspended. I wonder if they will ever turn the trains around backwards on Flight Deck like they did on XLR8 to 8RLX

Flight Deck goes to fast for the cars to be turned around. On the early Arrow Suspended coasters like Iron Dragon you could do this but not with the last one.

Yeah Flight Deck doesn't look so good but is a fun ride that should be a must when going to KI...Besides isn't it in the top ten best suspended coasters in the world?

Uh, there are only 10. :rolleyes:

But Flight Deck is one of the better ones.

http://www.rcdb.com/ir.htm?model=110

From what I've heard though Big Bad Wolf rules.

You mean there was only ten. Only seven are operating as of 2008. My guess is that the ranking is something like this....

1. Eagle's Fortress

2. Big Bad Wolf

3. Ninja

4. Flight Deck

5. Vortex

6. Vampire

7. Iron Dragon

If Haya Busa was still around, im sure it would be #3 or #4.

Suffice it to say, you could probably build a small wooden coaster for what it would cost to paint Flight Deck these days.

How about selling Flight Deck and Building a Large wooden coaster?

*cough*Voyage*cough*

Right on.

I love the voyage :)

Thier is only one Voyage.

I remember saying somewhere there were 10 and describing the 3 that were removed

You said.....

"Uh, there are only 10. rolleyes.gif

But Flight Deck is one of the better ones.

http://www.rcdb.com/ir.htm?model=110

From what I've heard though Big Bad Wolf rules."

Meaning there are ten Arrow Suspended coasters. There is only seven, but there has been ten.

Ahh it was before that:

Perosnally, I've ridden enough times that I could care less about it. I haven't ridden it but once this season. They'll keep it until somethine bad happens I'm sure, because it was the last suspended built.

What does the fact that it was the last of it's kind have to do with removal issues?

And something bad happened on SoB, but that's still standing. Unless something real bad happens (De-Railing, e.c.t.) it should remain in operation. And who's saying something bad will happen? Every Arrow Suspended except Bat, XLR-8, and one in Japan are still operating. Bat was a prototype, XLR-8 went down with Astroworld, and the one in Japan had a rare accident.

By queue CedarPointer doesn't mean people waiting in line (and yes, there sometimes IS a line), but rather the line itself...and the walk to get to the ride.

Correct. :) It's huge, and confusing. The way it's right next to SOB's line makes it even more confusing.

^^Oh, yes that is very long.

The way the exit goes into the queue is kind of confusing the first time! They should put arrows down.

I thought I was walking up SOB's exit the first time I rode it. It really could be improved...