Is Viking Fury going away?

Oldschool75

I hate it when rides are demolished,even if their not at KI.

I thought I was the only one. I was crushed when they closed Americana, my dad used to take me there when I was little.

I know that there are several thrill rides and coasters that if they ever tore down, they would have to medicate me heavily from going into a severe depression.

It is the "River Runner" at Coney, not the River Jammer. And have you ridden the River Runner at Coney? It goes just about as fast as Viking Fury, and can produce some wicked air in the extreme rows. I know that it certainly got plenty of people to have protein spills this year at Coney.

Yep. Refer to the history section of this website for more rides that used to reside in the Oktoberfest area of Kings Island. Keep in mind that the Festhaus is not original to the park and was added to the park in 1983, when the park was eleven years old.

Infact, most of the area where Festhaus is was devoted to "Stadium of the Stars."

One of my memories of KI of years ago were the screaming matches on Viking Fury of

"TASTES GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"LESS FILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

like a dingus I remember a few years ago trying to start that again one time and the ride ops tried to quiet us down. Any insight as to that?

Also- does anyone know the ridership of it? Wouldn't surprise me to see it quietly removed with no replaced ride. When was the last time they used the turnstyles?

Guest TombraiderTy

I think Viking Fury could maybe use a new coat of paint, but it is definitely one of the best "smaller" rides at Kings Island. I'd hate to see it go.

Yep. Refer to the history section of this website for more rides that used to reside in the Oktoberfest area of Kings Island. Keep in mind that the Festhaus is not original to the park and was added to the park in 1983, when the park was eleven years old.

Actually, Festhaus was open for Winterfest in 1982.

Actually, the whole "Tastes Great" "Less Filling" thin has been heard at Coney on the new River Runner several times this year. In fact, on the last weekend of operations, I was in admin, and could hear people screaming "Tastes Great". They were clearly adults shouting this, and the other side wasn`t responding, because they didn`t know the whole notion behind that concept.

• Like 1

Well, I, for one, remember what was originally at that location.... :)

Viking Fury is staying right at home where it belongs. It has very nice architecture on it and looks amazing for being such an older ride. Everytime i am up at KI i always go for a 2 or 3 ride marathon on Viking Fury after i get done eating in the Festhaus, call it tradition if you will.