Is Viking Fury going away?

Oldschool75

I think it's just a matter of staffing during the Haunt. Why remove it? It's not broken or unreliable.(sp?) What could you put in it's spot? It looks great where it is. It would be plain stupid to mess that up.

One that goes upside Down.

Have you ridden those? Phoenix at BGA... wow, i think Ninja at SFOG was better! Viking Fury isn't being removed, well atleast not anytime soon. Maybe since VF isn't that popular of a ride they decided not to open it for HH? Or maybe it's just having small troubles? I for one would be very sad if VF was removed.. I ride it atleast once everytime i visit KI. It is my third favorite thrill ride at KI (DT & Crypt are before it.)

Maybe since VF isn't that popular of a ride they decided not to open it for HH? Or maybe it's just having small troubles?

VF hasn't been open during FF or HH (at least since 2001) other than a handful of times and that was when the park was staffed well enough to open it. It has nothing to do with maintenance issues.

I miss the days when an overspeed could give you a full inversion. :D

VF has never done a full inversion (at least with guests on it).

5 Schrute Bucks to the "younger-than-25" crowd that can tell me what beer company the "tastes great, less filling" slogan came from.

I'm sure that videos of these commercials are on YouTube.

On a side note, i know it isn't on topic, but to the NU re-theme thoughts. I'm not trying to start any rumors nor have i heard or sought anything. But there were 25-50% discounts on all Nick oriented merchandise in the NU shop (used to be animation station... and old sky ride station)... seems a little aggressive if it is continuing.

this topic is kinda off, but i was there saturday, viking fury was open. also, tons of nickelodeon merchandise was on clearance, but just nickelodeon stuff. anything else was not, they even had this outdoor shop across from the locker rentals in front that had bins of nickelodeon stuff on clearance 65% off. i did also see a ton of scooby doo tshirts and merchandise that was not on clearance, but full price. the only thing non nickelodeon on clearance was some mugs and some random non Kings Island tshirts, like "rub my weiner for good luck" or a chuck norris or whatnot, novelty tees.

ding! We have a winner. (you "Googled" that didn't you?).

5 Schrute Bucks in your account postmarked to the year 10,000.

to go along with what jondrewfoo said... yes it was ONLY Nick merchandise. I agree that most places will mark down to reduce inventory... but it appears to be a specific type of inventory.... and the reduction seemed to be a bit aggressive.

Like I said, no one in the Ground-Sweeping department, who was told by the guy at Oscars, who heard it from The Vortex tree trimmer while listening in on a conversation taking place in the secret board room atop the Tower... beamed in by the Black helicopters sent directly from Sandusky..... purely just a personal observation.

this topic is kinda off, but i was there saturday, viking fury was open. also, tons of nickelodeon merchandise was on clearance, but just nickelodeon stuff. anything else was not, they even had this outdoor shop across from the locker rentals in front that had bins of nickelodeon stuff on clearance 65% off. i did also see a ton of scooby doo tshirts and merchandise that was not on clearance, but full price. the only thing non nickelodeon on clearance was some mugs and some random non Kings Island tshirts, like "rub my weiner for good luck" or a chuck norris or whatnot, novelty tees.

*crossing fingers*

One of my memories of KI of years ago were the screaming matches on Viking Fury of

"TASTES GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"LESS FILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

like a dingus I remember a few years ago trying to start that again one time and the ride ops tried to quiet us down. Any insight as to that?

Also- does anyone know the ridership of it? Wouldn't surprise me to see it quietly removed with no replaced ride. When was the last time they used the turnstyles?

me and my dad started the screaming match(great taste, less filling) on Robbie Kneviel day.

The shop over in the Action Zone right next to Drop Tower and Xtreme Skyflyer was selling t-shirts for $5. Not sure what kind as I didn`t go in, but did see the signs advertising the sale. Not sure if these were the novelty t-shirts you were referring to or not.

Last year it was all Paramount stuff and things that had the 2007 date printed on them.... Got my kids two shirts each for $10.00. They had nothing left in my size though. But back on topic, I don't think VF is going anywhere. SR&R, Dodge 'Ems, and Zypher (which was open last Friday), have also been closed during the Haunt, but, for whatever reason, there has been no speculation about those rides......

• 5 years later...