Is Viking Fury going away?

Oldschool75

I haven't read thru this thread, before my time, I just hope its not meant as an interpretation that Viking Fury is scheduled for removal. Easily my favorite flat in the park, amongst my favorite rides period. Hopefully the interpretation is that all the downtime this season is an indication of nothing more than downtime, which apparently was the case in 2008. Hopefully.

• Like 2

I want a shoot the chutes that's themed to the old Coney ride way back when right where it is now :lol: .

In all honesty, I would not mind on it being bye bye. Let's get a new one call it "Viking Fury", make it look like an old Viking(No kiddies, not the American Football team) ship, and make it go all the way around.

I wonder how many "Whees" we will hear from Mr. Alvey on that.......

The chant started (along with the commercials, obviously) when I was still a kid myself. Inappropriate, maybe, but that is probably why it was so popular. I won't even go into what myself and some other Girl Scouts used to find it fun to yell back and forth on rides...

It's interesting to me that there's nothing in current popular media that has caught on. I always liked the community aspect of it, even though we were mostly strangers, we came together because we all knew the words.

• Like 2

I used to do the "taste great, less filling" chant well before I arrived at the appropriate imbibing age. So personally, I don't find it to be much of an issue.

I'm in the same boat regarding saying that every time, but figure it would be lost on most people, however if you ever shout it out from the other side while I'm on, you'll certainly get at least 1 response.

• Like 2