10/4/08 PTR Halloween Haunt KI

gnarkiller

Yesterday I went to KI and stayed at GWL. We had an amazing veiw of KI. It was extremely crowded and everything was probably an hour wait. The only coasters we got a walk on was AE and SOB befroe the park closed. We only got two haunts in and they were Tombstone Terrortory and Club Blood. Club Blood was horrible, but Tombstone Terrortory was ok. Now time for some pics of KI.

I could tell Coco was going to miss me!

KI001.jpg

View from hotel room

KI002.jpg

Slides

KI003.jpg

Sob from hotel

KI004.jpg

After checking in, we went to the park.

B and M track

KI005.jpg

SOB, EXtreme Skyflyer, and SS.

KI006.jpg

Eiffel Tower and crane.

KI007.jpg

random

KI008.jpg

Diamondback sign

KI009.jpg

Spooky Skull

KI010.jpg

Pic of DT

KI011.jpg

hey baby

KI012.jpg

Thats what they will do to you if you camp out for DB

KI013.jpg

Delirium

KI014.jpg

Sob

KI015.jpg

Supports

KI016.jpg

Sob rules

KI017.jpg

Sob

KI018.jpg

Under Sob station

KI019.jpg

FD

KI020.jpg

KI021.jpg

DT

KI022.jpg

KI025.jpg

KI024.jpg

ESF

KI026.jpg

Tragic Plane Crash

KI027.jpg

Poor Scrambler

KI028.jpg

The worksite

KI030.jpg

looks like you had some car trouble

KI031.jpg

KI032.jpg

Oh your dead

KI035.jpg

Vortexes first loop

KI036.jpg

second loop

KI037.jpg

graves!!!!

KI039.jpg

Construction

KI040.jpg

KI041.jpg

KI042.jpg

KI044.jpg

KI045.jpg

KI047.jpg

KI048.jpg

My one pic of NU.

KI050.jpg

Phantom Theater setup

KI051.jpg

Second part

Eiffel Tower at night

KI053.jpg

Delirium

KI055.jpg

Creepy

KI056.jpg

Oh no!

KI057.jpg

Cobra roll for Invertigo

KI063.jpg

Invertigo's spikes

KI065.jpg

Inside FOF

KI066.jpg

KI067.jpg

KI068.jpg

Brittany!

KI073.jpg

Phantom theater stuff

KI074.jpg

KI075.jpg

Crypt

KI078.jpg

KI079.jpg

Beast Building

KI080.jpg

next day

Sob

KI081.jpg

FD and Sob

KI082.jpg

KI083.jpg

KI084.jpg

random

KI085.jpg

this is where we went after we left for home

KI086.jpg

I snapped some pics of The Beach from the parking lot of Popeyes

KI087.jpg

KI088.jpg

KI089.jpg

If you cant tell there is a slide there

KI090.jpg

From highway

KI091.jpg

KI from highway

KI095.jpg

here some pics i forgot to put up earlier

KI096.jpg

KI097.jpg

KI011.jpg

Yesterday I went to KI and stayed at GWL. We had an amazing veiw of KI. It was extremely crowded and everything was probably an hour wait. The only coasters we got a walk on was AE and SOB befroe the park closed. We only got two haunts in and they were Tombstone Terrortory and Club Blood. Club Blood was horrible, but Tombstone Terrortory was ok.

What didn't you like about Club Blood? I promise I won't hate you, I just like to hear others' opinions (especially when I've never read anyone call it horrible before)! :)

Yesterday I went to KI and stayed at GWL. We had an amazing veiw of KI. It was extremely crowded and everything was probably an hour wait. The only coasters we got a walk on was AE and SOB befroe the park closed. We only got two haunts in and they were Tombstone Terrortory and Club Blood. Club Blood was horrible, but Tombstone Terrortory was ok.

What didn't you like about Club Blood? I promise I won't hate you, I just like to hear others' opinions (especially when I've never read anyone call it horrible before)! :)

Well the reason I didn't like it is because all the lights were on, we went through it in less than four minutes, they didn't even try to scare us. On Tombstone Terrortory they actually tried to scare us. It was dark (because it was outdoors of course), it had a storyline, and it was unique!

Great pictures!!!

Club Blood does have a "story line" to it. Now if I am not mistaken here - you go into a club owned by vampires. You are taken through various stages and rooms. I admit it is kind of hard to follow when getting scared but if you really pay attention to it the story will become really clear. I have not gone to it this year but can say that last year there were dancing vampires as you enter the club and an awesome DJ having some erie chat as you walk by and playing music. From there is where it gets more involved and I really can not say more as that would be a spoiler lol. Just go through it again later in the evening. By then the scareactors are really into the swing of things.

I am sure Gator does a great job in there and sorry I am not doing that one this year lol. Maybe next. Never know.

Well the reason I didn't like it is because all the lights were on, we went through it in less than four minutes, they didn't even try to scare us.

What time did you go through it? Because to the best of my knowledge we've never had a group go through with the lights on (except for KIC Day of course, but there were no scaracters then), we wait until all the scenes and lighting are set. I can see possibly right at the beginning or end of the night, but the house lights have never come up between 7:00 and 1:00. Sorry you didn't like it!

And Karen, that's okay... I guess I can forgive you for not wanting to visit us! :lol:

^^^As Gator said, there is no possible way you went through Club Blood with the all the lights on. The only lights that have ever been on during operation are the show lights. Groups are not allowed into the attraction until all the regular lights are off and the manager opens the door (which they wont due if the regular lights are on).

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Club Blood....but to each is his own, there were a whole lot of people who did enjoy it. Including many people who I saw running out of the exit door on Saturday.

We got in line for Club Blood around 12:58 pm. and got out around 1:07 am. Im sure not every single light was on in the building, but it was very bright in there, and by bright i don't meen neon lights (those were on too though), but i meen regular bright lights. The darkest part of the Club was in the very beginning where the bikers are. I know most people disagree with me, but i didn't like it. But we were in the very last group and im sure the people were tired and weren't doing the best scaring. Plus since the park closed in just two minutes thats probably why alot of lights were on. Club Blood wasn't bad, but i was expecting alot better from it. I know that the majority of the people who went through it were satisfied, it is a good haunt but the people seemed like they weren't even trying. There were half naked vampires dancing in cages, a DJ, a guy in a nasty bathroom, some bikers, a girl chugging down some alcohol, a bartender, random gothic girls just staring at us, and a guy getting whipped by a girl. There wasn't people jumping out, or chasing us. There wasn't people chasing us either. It wasn't scary at all. I usually get scared in most 'haunted houses' but Club Blood just wasn't scary. Im sorry to say it, but it's true.

We got in line for Club Blood around 12:58 pm. and got out around 1:07 am. Im sure not every single light was on in the building, but it was very bright in there, and by bright i don't meen neon lights (those were on too though), but i meen regular bright lights. The darkest part of the Club was in the very beginning where the bikers are. I know most people disagree with me, but i didn't like it. But we were in the very last group and im sure the people were tired and weren't doing the best scaring. Plus since the park closed in just two minutes thats probably why alot of lights were on. Club Blood wasn't bad, but i was expecting alot better from it. I know that the majority of the people who went through it were satisfied, it is a good haunt but the people seemed like they weren't even trying. There were half naked vampires dancing in cages, a DJ, a guy in a nasty bathroom, some bikers, a girl chugging down some alcohol, a bartender, random gothic girls just staring at us, and a guy getting whipped by a girl. There wasn't people jumping out, or chasing us. There wasn't people chasing us either. It wasn't scary at all. I usually get scared in most 'haunted houses' but Club Blood just wasn't scary. Im sorry to say it, but it's true.

if you havent noticed, the entire haunt is molded around a club from hell basically, and the scare effect might not be high with you. I say its more intense than scary.... i don't believe a lot of our scare-actors were there on saturday, we did seem a little short handed..... the dark alley (your bikers are there) is exactly what it is, a dark alley - that you must travel down to reach the club. It is probably the most unique haunt at HH, and I must say if you do come back, give it another try!! you may not be into the theme of being in a night club taken over by drug depraved vampires, but im sure if you went thru again you may appreciate all the little things that make this one of favorites.

I really liked Club Blood. When I went, it was almost pitch black in there, and the monsters inside scared the living crap out of me. It would be pitch black and suddenly BAM they were right there, they'd hit the wall really hard at the same time they jumped out at you. I nearly jumped out of my skin a few times. It was wicked awesome.

Neat pics! They will never catch the Diamondback Campers Crew alive i tell you never.

Is that popeyes the one in the gas station? We always eat there as well.

Yes, it's half Popeye's & half Shell. You get a great view of The Beach from the carwash & drive thru area.

if you havent noticed, the entire haunt is molded around a club from hell basically, and the scare effect might not be high with you. I say its more intense than scary.... i don't believe a lot of our scare-actors were there on saturday, we did seem a little short handed..... the dark alley (your bikers are there) is exactly what it is, a dark alley - that you must travel down to reach the club. It is probably the most unique haunt at HH, and I must say if you do come back, give it another try!! you may not be into the theme of being in a night club taken over by drug depraved vampires, but im sure if you went thru again you may appreciate all the little things that make this one of favorites.

I have to agree with angrybeaver on this one. Club Blood is probably hands down the WORST maze I've ever been in. We went on Friday night and there was hardly anyone there, and all of the other mazes/scare zones we went in were great. We did Tombstone Terror-tory and that is probably the best maze I've ever been in during HH. By the time we got out of there we had all lost our breathe from screaming so loud. The scareactors did an AMAZING job in that one. I love how they distract you by having someone talk to you and then all of a sudden someone darts out of the woods and scares the living crap out of you! The fog, the darkness, the awesome scareactors..all of it made for an amazing first maze of the night. We did CarnEvil, Cemetary Drive,Cornstalkers,Trail of Terror and Club Blood throughout the rest of the night as well. CarnEvil was fun, but not as scary as when we went in it 2 years ago. And I have a huge phobia of clowns! But the people that went through with me aren't scared of clowns and they agreed that it was fun and that everyone did a great job of scaring us in there as well. Cemetary Drive was cool...the girls acting like statues did an amazing job. Again, not as scary as when we went in last year, but still good. Trail of Terror was great 2 years ago and this year was no different. The tunnel you have to crawl through was awesome and they scared the crap out of us when they started banging on the top of it. The actors in this were very entertaining and they all did a great job of jumping out at the perfect time and delivering great scares.

We went in Club Blood at about 12:30 and there was no line. The alleyway walking into the club was the only part of the maze that was dark. Nothing scary there...just some people listlessly walking around and saying stupid things. The motorcycle might have given us a good 'jump' if they would have revved it with the lights on right when we walked by but they had it constantly going so you knew it was there. As for the rest of the maze you had girls dancing in cages, a guy eating fake crap out of a toilet(which was actually really funny), there was a guy chained to a chair but the girl just stood there with her whip and didn't even do anything. We had a couple people kind of poke their heads around corners and kind of breathe in our faces but that was it. The guy on the bungee that jumped out didn't scare me because he did it too late but my brother told me if I would have turned my head an inch to the side he would have smacked me in the face. That was pretty funny too. And I did watch a couple of videos of Club Blood from this year and last year and I know they played the techno music from Blade and had a bunch of strobe lights and it looked pretty dark in the video but we got none of that. There was some music playing but I didn't see any strobe lights and it was REALLY bright in there. It was kind of dark after the bathroom part but that was about it. And for our exit we had a guy standing in a room with a girl on the table just standing there and he just yelled 'move along a**holes'. I really can't see why anyone would get scared in there and I really don't see why people say it's "intense" either. I have been to normal bars and dance clubs and you can see mostly the same thing(sometimes a little scarier!). I mean you can see skanks dancing on the bar or in cages,dirty bathrooms(sometimes even people throwing up in them...ohhh scary!),and sometimes drunk people wander up to you and breathe in your face too. :D I always try and go into mazes and things for Halloween with an open mind and I am never one of those people that just stare at the scareactors and make stupid comments but I was pretty close to becoming that person when I went through Club Blood. Every other maze we went into was awesome and every other scareactor walking around the park was amazing, but I have to give CB a big THUMBS DOWN. Definitely LAME. I feel sorry for the people who have to wait hours for it.

*steps off soapbox*

Just want to say everyone at HH is doing an amazing job and I can't wait to go back again soon and lose my voice from screaming! :D

~Ash

I have been to normal bars and dance clubs and you can see mostly the same thing(sometimes a little scarier!). I mean you can see skanks dancing on the bar or in cages,dirty bathrooms(sometimes even people throwing up in them...ohhh scary!),and sometimes drunk people wander up to you and breathe in your face too. :D

I could not have said it better myself, sometimes real life bar scenes are pretty scary too.

Especially when a big bar brawl breaks out and everyone scatters, and you're walking around at 2 am in a skirt and heels getting whistled at by cars driving by while you're looking for your friends.

Club Blood is probably hands down the WORST maze I've ever been in...

Every other maze we went into was awesome and every other scareactor walking around the park was amazing, but I have to give CB a big THUMBS DOWN. Definitely LAME. I feel sorry for the people who have to wait hours for it.

*steps off soapbox*

Just want to say everyone at HH is doing an amazing job and I can't wait to go back again soon and lose my voice from screaming! :D

Everyone except, apparently, Club Blood. :( Sorry you didn't like it, I know I try to do my best in there. But I can only do my small part and hope that my co-scaracters are also doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. Your opinion is valid, as is everyone else's. There are people who like it, and those that don't, just like everything else in life. But did you have to be so harsh? :lol: Just kidding, I understand you feel strongly about it. ;)

Club Blood is probably hands down the WORST maze I've ever been in...

Every other maze we went into was awesome and every other scareactor walking around the park was amazing, but I have to give CB a big THUMBS DOWN. Definitely LAME. I feel sorry for the people who have to wait hours for it.

*steps off soapbox*

Everyone except, apparently, Club Blood. :( Sorry you didn't like it, I know I try to do my best in there. But I can only do my small part and hope that my co-scaracters are also doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. Your opinion is valid, as is everyone else's. There are people who like it, and those that don't, just like everything else in life. But did you have to be so harsh? :lol: Just kidding, I understand you feel strongly about it. ;)

It wasn't even really that the scareactors did such a horrible job....they were probably all doing what they were supposed to do. I just think it's a bad idea for a maze. I mean really what more can the 'dancing' girls do than dance in their cages? What more can the guy do that's chained to the chair? I guess what I'm saying is that I'm sure if the scareactors weren't so limited in what they are able to do then they could have taken all of their energy to scare people instead of dancing,eating fake crap,etc,etc. I'm not saying the scareactors in Club Blood aren't working as hard as everyone else....but yeah that is my opinion that the entire maze sucks. No offense to any of the actors in there!

~Ash

What are you in Club Blood?

Halloween Haunt was great as always but it seems like there was less fog, less scaractors (i remember last season they had guys with trash cans & they would slam the lid and make loud noises), and less colored lights. Im not saying it was bad, cause it was definitely not bad, i just thought 2006 and 2007's Fearfest/Halloween Haunt was better.

FYI to all: You can give me all sorts of crap about how "it's open to 1am, so everything should be the same until 1am!" Well, people aren't like coasters....people get tired eventually...so I suggest going through something before 12AM. If not, going through it then, and again earlier on a different date. I'm always doing my best until the last group goes through, but not all actors are like me....

So! Don't judge a maze too harshly when you only go through it once when it's close to 1am....

FYI to all: You can give me all sorts of crap about how "it's open to 1am, so everything should be the same until 1am!" Well, people aren't like coasters....people get tired eventually...so I suggest going through something before 12AM. If not, going through it then, and again earlier on a different date. I'm always doing my best until the last group goes through, but not all actors are like me....

So! Don't judge a maze too harshly when you only go through it once when it's close to 1am....

I under stand what your saying. I worked at a real haunted house (Hannah Haunted Mansion) last October and it was so fun until the last hour. By then a i had a horrible head ache, i was hungry, i was tired, i just wanted to go home. Im sure Club Blood would of been much better if we had gone through it earlier in the night, but i still think it wouldn't of been better than Tombstone Terror-Torry.

No, this is my first year working Haunt (but I worked in the park for many, many years before that). But in my HH TR last year, I said:

The bouncer was excellent, and probably my favorite scaractor of the night. He ran and got within an inch of my face and asked "What are you looking at? Where's your ID?" I yelled back at him, and he moved aside to terrorize the people behind me. Great job done by him.

And this year, here I am playing him!

No, this is my first year working Haunt (but I worked in the park many, many years before that). But in my HH TR last year, I said:

The bouncer was excellent, and probably my favorite scaractor of the night. He ran and got within an inch of my face and asked "What are you looking at? Where's your ID?" I yelled back at him, and he moved aside to terrorize the people behind me. Great job done by him.

And this year, here I am playing him!

ill make sure to visit u this weekend:)

We will be there Friday, in all liklihood. I don't think I'll expose the kids to Club Blood. I don't think they would get it (or at least I hope not :) ). I agree with Ashers that Tombstone Terrtory was the best of the haunted attractions that we have been through this year. They want to do Red Beard's Revenge and Urgent Scare next. I'm a little reluctant on that one..... Cemetary Drive, Corn Stalkers and the Work Zone were good as well. One of these weeks I may go without the kids and check out Club Blood for myself.

And KIMan is one of their favorites:

100_0036.jpg