WOOD YOU BELIVE IT? CEDAR POINT

MS I find to be worse than Son of Beast, except in the front seat. When riding in the front you can feel those lateral forces and imagine just how great of a coaster it would be if it wasn't trimmed to death and insanely rough. I wonder what kind of wood they will be using. Kings Island has been using epay wood on many of it's woodies, especially Sonnie for quite some time and it holds up a lot better than Southern Yellow Pine and Douglas Fir. It's so tough that you actually have to drill starter holes before the carpenters can hammer in nails. It also provides for a smoother ride and less wear and tear.

MS I find to be worse than Son of Beast, except in the front seat. When riding in the front you can feel those lateral forces and imagine just how great of a coaster it would be if it wasn't trimmed to death and insanely rough. I wonder what kind of wood they will be using. Kings Island has been using epay wood on many of it's woodies, especially Sonnie for quite some time and it holds up a lot better than Southern Yellow Pine and Douglas Fir. It's so tough that you actually have to drill starter holes before the carpenters can hammer in nails. It also provides for a smoother ride and less wear and tear.

you sure know your wood :lol:

Mean Streak is the worst roller coaster I have ever been on ever I went on it back in August for my first trip ever to Cedar Point and SOB is far from being terrible compared to that. I think SOB is a comfortable ride except for the rose bowl and that is it. SOB has been retracked and is still great hopefully the company keeps up with the retracking and keeps it from getting as bad as its sister park's wooden coaster.

It is far smoother than the Texas Giant, I'll give it that.

I could not agree more. Mean Streak was built to be similar to Texas Giant, but thankfully it is nowhere near as rough. Thats why I never thought SoB was that bad. Take a spin on the Giant and you will know the meaning of pain.

I just hope that GCI can unleash the potential of MS, it could be a great coaster.

If you think SOB is smoother than MS.. your trippin.

I love them both but MS is smoother than beast and sob.

SOB is alot smoother than Mean Streak! SOB is alot smoother than Beast. Atleast i think so..

Are you on crack? That may be your opinion but I don't see how you could say Son of Beast is smoother than its faja (father).

SOB is alot smoother than Mean Streak! SOB is alot smoother than Beast. Atleast i think so..

Are you on crack? That may be your opinion but I don't see how you could say Son of Beast is smoother than its faja (father).

Beast is almost un enjoyable. It is an okay ride until the MCB's, after that it is hell. SOB only has one rough spot and that is in second time around the rosebowl and that isn't that bad at all. You have no know how to ride SOB for it to be amazing. If you ride SOB the wrong way then you could get a head ache. And no i don't to crack... :angry:

This is all a very subjective thing. Some of us find Son of Beast very, very rough, while enjoying rides like Rolling Thunder at Great Adventure and The Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags Over Georgia. Peoples' perceptions differ, and their opinion, whatever it may be, is legitimate for them. No one has a right to tell others what those others must think about a ride. What is is for any given individual...and what is for me may not be what is for you.

I found Mean Streak to be the second most un-enjoyable coaster I have been on. It is only second to American Eagle at SFGAm in my opinion.

Both of those coasters had too many negatives that took away any positives they had. However, I will say that I find SoB to be rough yet enjoyable at the same time. But, then again I do have a bias to anything KI.

MS is an absolute waste of trees and park space.... It has less than NO intensity or thrill factor whatsoever!!!!! I took the kids on it for the first time this year and, on their first ride the ride op said "Enjoy your ride on MS the ride that is so mean it will talk about your mother...." They both yelled at him "My mother's dead!!!".... (which she is!!). Then we went down the trim brakes that are the first drop and they both, again in unison, said "What was THAT?!?!" Followed closely by "This just sucks, Dad" And "I have told you not to use that word" etc etc etc......

Beast is almost un enjoyable. It is an okay ride until the MCB's, after that it is hell. SOB only has one rough spot and that is in second time around the rosebowl and that isn't that bad at all. You have no know how to ride SOB for it to be amazing. If you ride SOB the wrong way then you could get a head ache. And no i don't to crack... :angry:

I'm just kiddin' about the crack thing. I didn't really think you were on crack, even though I have never met you. I was just surprised to hear someone say that. Well, I guess I will compare them both at night since I am going tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...